Justice For Jane


A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Bringing these over from the end of the last topic:

chewet wrote:
justanopinion wrote:These will be a few very rough days for the Bashara children (young adults) they have had the first holidays's to get out of the way... soon January 25th the first Anniversary .... the sentencing of Joe Gentz ... hopefully the charges against BB...

My thoughts and prayers are with them and the parents of Jane. I pray they all find strength and courage. I pray that they find a way to celebrate and remember her without pain but only love. I pray that some official acknowledgement of all parties involved is forthcoming so that doubt can be erased and healing can begin.

Amen.


____________________________________________________
Jane's voice grows stronger everyday!
View user profile http://justice4jane.forumotion.com

2 Time is ticking... on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:27 am

http://www.freep.com/article/20130124/NEWS02/301240122/Jane-Bashara-killing-One-year-later

http://www.freep.com/article/20130124/news02/301240124



Last edited by TheEndIsNear on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added second link)

View user profile

3 Really? on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:33 am

http://www.clickondetroit.com/New-twist-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719524/18254382/-/7ccug0/-/index.html

New twist? Somehow I doubt it... I guess we'll see...

View user profile
TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.freep.com/article/20130124/NEWS02/301240122/Jane-Bashara-killing-One-year-later

http://www.freep.com/article/20130124/news02/301240124

Mystery?? What mystery? The only mystery is why hasn't the other party been charged?


TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/New-twist-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719524/18254382/-/7ccug0/-/index.html

New twist? Somehow I doubt it... I guess we'll see...

Has anyone seen this story? I cannot pull it up online?

Aha! My bad... saw the teaser was posted last night and figured it aired last night. Just confirmed it will be aired tonight at 11 p.m. Huh.



Last edited by chewet on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
chewet wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.freep.com/article/20130124/NEWS02/301240122/Jane-Bashara-killing-One-year-later

http://www.freep.com/article/20130124/news02/301240124

Mystery?? What mystery? The only mystery is why hasn't the other party been charged?


TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/New-twist-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719524/18254382/-/7ccug0/-/index.html

New twist? Somehow I doubt it... I guess we'll see...

Has anyone seen this story? I cannot pull it up online?

It was a teaser for the "big story" tonight at 11 on wdiv...

View user profile
TheEndIsNear wrote:
chewet wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.freep.com/article/20130124/NEWS02/301240122/Jane-Bashara-killing-One-year-later

http://www.freep.com/article/20130124/news02/301240124

Mystery?? What mystery? The only mystery is why hasn't the other party been charged?


TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/New-twist-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719524/18254382/-/7ccug0/-/index.html

New twist? Somehow I doubt it... I guess we'll see...

Has anyone seen this story? I cannot pull it up online?

It was a teaser for the "big story" tonight at 11 on wdiv...

Enquiring minds, eh? Thanks End! You were posting as I was "digging" LOL


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile

7 Really, I mean, REALLY?? on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 8:07 pm

Another delay - geez... no rush, right? Ugh.

This article states the sentencing for Gentz has been delayed until March 1...

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/one-year-after-jane-basharas-murder-husband-maintains-he-was-not-involved-as-handyman-claims

Here's another one...

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2013/01/sentencing_for_handyman_killer.html

Guess we got nothin' but time, eh?



Last edited by TheEndIsNear on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added second link)

View user profile
TheEndIsNear wrote:Another delay - geez... no rush, right? Ugh.

This article states the sentencing for Gentz has been delayed until March 1...

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/one-year-after-jane-basharas-murder-husband-maintains-he-was-not-involved-as-handyman-claims

Here's another one...

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2013/01/sentencing_for_handyman_killer.html

Guess we got nothin' but time, eh?

Ugh!!! The delays are just so frustrating!

View user profile
meandmyshadow wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:

Guess we got nothin' but time, eh?

Ugh!!! The delays are just so frustrating!

Not just frustrating, Shadow, they are getting to the point of nonsensical! I mean, when we hear legal eagles discuss the rationale of sentencing Gentz THEN charging MonsterBob, well, ok, it makes sense. But WHY this delay??? As of last Friday's Wayne County Prosecutor's Calendar (Current Case Updates can be found at this link: http://www.co.wayne.mi.us/prosecutor/index.htm), Gentz's sentencing date was STILL listed as Jan. 18) Since Monday Jan 21 was a holiday, why they once again delayed it at the last second seriously puzzles me. WHY? What about the long-suffering family?? What about the living-on-pins-and-needles witnesses? OH... don't get me started... But then again, I'm not a legal eagle... I just don't get it!

So, PLEASE, if anyone does, PLEASE help us all understand! Any Legal Eagles care to posit here?

I for one worry that something may happen to Gentz the longer this takes. I mean, just last summer, we had Team Worthy telling the judge Monster Bob has another slave out there doing his bidding. What's to say she/he is not orchestrating some evil plot?

Enough already!! Murder charges need to come down. Sooner, not later.


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/New-twist-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719524/18254382/-/7ccug0/-/index.html

New twist? Somehow I doubt it... I guess we'll see...

So they posted the story online before the 11 news? That seems odd...
Unless there is more to it at 11, there is no new twist as was advertised...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Jane-Bashara-s-murder-1-year-later/-/1719314/18267484/-/pr3wh4z/-/index.html

View user profile

11 Weird on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:47 pm

TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/New-twist-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719524/18254382/-/7ccug0/-/index.html

New twist? Somehow I doubt it... I guess we'll see...

So they posted the story online before the 11 news? That seems odd...
Unless there is more to it at 11, there is no new twist as was advertised...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Jane-Bashara-s-murder-1-year-later/-/1719314/18267484/-/pr3wh4z/-/index.html

View user profile
TheEndIsNear wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/New-twist-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719524/18254382/-/7ccug0/-/index.html

New twist? Somehow I doubt it... I guess we'll see...

So they posted the story online before the 11 news? That seems odd...
Unless there is more to it at 11, there is no new twist as was advertised...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Jane-Bashara-s-murder-1-year-later/-/1719314/18267484/-/pr3wh4z/-/index.html

There really was no new twist, it was pretty much a sensationalized timeline of what has happened. I thought it was a little tacky, and not the best to include a family pic with the kids in it.


____________________________________________________
affraid oh, it gets weirder
View user profile
ohwow1 wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:

So they posted the story online before the 11 news? That seems odd...
Unless there is more to it at 11, there is no new twist as was advertised...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Jane-Bashara-s-murder-1-year-later/-/1719314/18267484/-/pr3wh4z/-/index.html

There really was no new twist, it was pretty much a sensationalized timeline of what has happened. I thought it was a little tacky, and not the best to include a family pic with the kids in it.

I heard no "new twist" either; however the one thing that caught my eye is Hank Winchester and the defenders have not given up on this case either. They seemed to be reassuring a waiting public that this case is not forgotten and that charges will be coming. So I took from that a positive. One thing The Defenders have never overlooked is how much the Engelbrechts are suffering, and will continue to suffer, the more this drags on.


____________________________________________________
Jane's voice grows stronger everyday!
View user profile http://justice4jane.forumotion.com
http://www.freep.com/article/20130124/NEWS02/301240122/Jane-Bashara-killing-One-year-later

Clipped from yesterday's article:

Richard Krisciunas, a University of Detroit Mercy law professor and former high-ranking Wayne County prosecutor, said he suspects there will be some movement in the case by Tuesday -- the day Gentz is to be sentenced to 17-28 years in prison under the plea deal.

It's likely the sentencing will be adjourned, Krisciunas said.


When I read the above yesterday (thanks for the links, TEIN), I didn't understand why he said it was likely the sentencing would be adjourned. I still don't get it, but there must be some method to the madness.

View user profile
AnalyzeThis wrote:http://www.freep.com/article/20130124/NEWS02/301240122/Jane-Bashara-killing-One-year-later

Clipped from yesterday's article:

Richard Krisciunas, a University of Detroit Mercy law professor and former high-ranking Wayne County prosecutor, said he suspects there will be some movement in the case by Tuesday -- the day Gentz is to be sentenced to 17-28 years in prison under the plea deal.

It's likely the sentencing will be adjourned, Krisciunas said.


When I read the above yesterday (thanks for the links, TEIN), I didn't understand why he said it was likely the sentencing would be adjourned. I still don't get it, but there must be some method to the madness.

When I read that article yesterday I wondered the exact same thing, Analyze, and that's when I went to check the Wayne County Prosecutor's most recent Case Update listing.

NOW, here's my next Q: Do you-- or does anyone out there??-- think that while Krisciunas accurately predicted an adjournment as we learned last night, he also thinks there will still be movement on the case by Tuesday? That part now confuzzles me even more!


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
http://www.macombdaily.com/article/20130126/NEWS/130129517/attorney-gentz-sentencing-delay-could-mean-bashara-arrest-imminent

This one is suggesting that they want the testimony BEFORE the conviction,to be sure they can compel Joe to testify...which makes sense.

View user profile
Pointed Barbs wrote:http://www.macombdaily.com/article/20130126/NEWS/130129517/attorney-gentz-sentencing-delay-could-mean-bashara-arrest-imminent

This one is suggesting that they want the testimony BEFORE the conviction,to be sure they can compel Joe to testify...which makes sense.

That makes sense!

View user profile
meandmyshadow wrote:
Pointed Barbs wrote:http://www.macombdaily.com/article/20130126/NEWS/130129517/attorney-gentz-sentencing-delay-could-mean-bashara-arrest-imminent

This one is suggesting that they want the testimony BEFORE the conviction,to be sure they can compel Joe to testify...which makes sense.

That makes sense!

Now we're getting somewhere! This is good news.


____________________________________________________
Jane's voice grows stronger everyday!
View user profile http://justice4jane.forumotion.com
Justice4Jane wrote:
meandmyshadow wrote:
Pointed Barbs wrote:http://www.macombdaily.com/article/20130126/NEWS/130129517/attorney-gentz-sentencing-delay-could-mean-bashara-arrest-imminent

This one is suggesting that they want the testimony BEFORE the conviction,to be sure they can compel Joe to testify...which makes sense.

That makes sense!

Now we're getting somewhere! This is good news.

I don't get it. If Gentz will be sentenced on March 1, how can they possibly get a trial started by then? In less than 5 weeks? The defense hasn't even seen any of the discovery which apparently is massive. As the clock is ticking and Gentz must be sentenced by law by December 21 2013, they'd better get moving soon.

Shocked Shocked Shocked


____________________________________________________
Murder is unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness.

W.H. Auden
View user profile
I was so hopeful that charges on Blob would come down this week. I finally made it to Michigan and the trip coinsided with the 1-year mark. I managed to get to Grosse Pointe to drive around, and I'm so glad I did. The J4J signs and purple ribbons were so heartening to see. I have a purple knitted flower that I wore when I got coffee in town. I thought of Jane. I thought of what a lovely community was deprived of her goodness. From this site and Hinky Meter, I gained such a sense that she was truly among the reasons for the community's richness. I am glad that the cancer of Bob Bashara has been cut from your community; how much better it would have been to be stuck with that tumor if only you could have held on to Jane.



Last edited by dezama on Sat 26 Jan 2013, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TMI)


____________________________________________________
"I'll put a case to you. Mind! I admit nothing."
View user profile
Just saw where Jeffrey Pyne was convicted and sentenced to 20-60 yrs for killing his mother who was mentally ill and use to abuse him. They convicted him on circumstantial evidence and I'm not sure how long it's been from killing til conviction but I think it was less than a year...........and bob has still yet to be charged, let alone convicted and sentenced for Jane's murder- what is taking so long!!!!! I know, at least he is in prison but still, they have soooo much on him.
J4J already!!

View user profile
EllsBells wrote:
Justice4Jane wrote:
meandmyshadow wrote:
Pointed Barbs wrote:http://www.macombdaily.com/article/20130126/NEWS/130129517/attorney-gentz-sentencing-delay-could-mean-bashara-arrest-imminent

This one is suggesting that they want the testimony BEFORE the conviction,to be sure they can compel Joe to testify...which makes sense.

That makes sense!

Now we're getting somewhere! This is good news.

I don't get it. If Gentz will be sentenced on March 1, how can they possibly get a trial started by then? In less than 5 weeks? The defense hasn't even seen any of the discovery which apparently is massive. As the clock is ticking and Gentz must be sentenced by law by December 21 2013, they'd better get moving soon.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

EllsBells, it was a bit confusing to me too, along with the timeline becoming most worrisome, ita! From what I read though, Gentz's first testimony would take place at a preliminary exam? I.e., arrest Monster, then sked the prelim within that 2-week timeframe. Only thing is, Monster's got that attorney that will delay, delay, delay, so I was left wondering: if this is indeed the prosecutor's avenue, as the article suggests, then what happens when the defense keeps delaying?


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
chewet wrote:

EllsBells, it was a bit confusing to me too, along with the timeline becoming most worrisome, ita! From what I read though, Gentz's first testimony would take place at a preliminary exam? I.e., arrest Monster, then sked the prelim within that 2-week timeframe. Only thing is, Monster's got that attorney that will delay, delay, delay, so I was left wondering: if this is indeed the prosecutor's avenue, as the article suggests, then what happens when the defense keeps delaying?

Yes, I thought that too until doing a little self-education. For interesting reading see: http://courts.michigan.gov/education/mji/Publications/Documents/Mono-5-Preliminary-Exams.pdf and also http://law.jrank.org/pages/1717/Preliminary-Hearing-Other-functions-preliminary-hearing.html

The quick take away is:

1) The prosecutor and the defendant are entitled to a prompt examination. The court must set a date for a preliminary examination within 14 days after the
arraignment on the warrant.

2) No discovery needs to be turned over prior to the preliminary examination as its purpose is to determine if a crime has been committed and if there is enough probable cause to believe that the defendant committed it. In other words, it is not to present a defense, but just if there is enough evidence to continue the case.

3) The defendant has the right to waive the preliminary hearing, but there is a risk in doing that because: a) witnesses must testify under oath which then can be used to impeach their testimony at trial, and b) the defense gets a peak preview of how the prosecution is going to present its case.

4) Prosecutors usually present only the minimum testimony needed to show probable cause, not the entire case for reasons mentioned in #3.

5) If the witness dies or refuses to testify between prelim and the trial, his/her prelim testimony can be entered as evidence at trial even though the defense obviously can't cross examine a videotape.

So, Bashara could waive this hearing, with a likelihood that the case can be delayed after December 2013 when Gentz may go back on his agreement to testify since it is post-sentencing. Personally I don't think he'll do that as he wants it clear that he was coerced and didn't act alone.

But given Gentz' cognitive problems, it's likely that there will be differences between his prelim and trial testimony. The prosecutor will probably want him to give only the most limited evidence. It will probably rely more on evidence of Bashara's lies and deception following the murder than on Gentz' statements, plus other factual info that doesn't rely on witnesses' memory.

This still leaves the statistical fact that as time drags on, witnesses memories do fade or something else prevents their testimony. Reportedly the prosecutors have massive evidence, so if we are significantly close to a 100% airtight case, I say let's bring charges now!

Really, what does waiting longer accomplish vs. the risk of witness decay? Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation


____________________________________________________
Murder is unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness.

W.H. Auden
View user profile
I couldn't agree more and if I was in Jane's family I would be beside myself. The more time that goes on the more risk there is that something will happen (i.e. lose a key witness). It is an OUTRAGE that a year has passed with no justice for Jane!

View user profile
I read somewhere (some lawyer's opinion) that Gentz's sentencing was delayed because he would probably testify against Bob. In exchange for that testimony his sentence would be reduced/changed. So until they have a deal worked out and charges against Bob are levied, they probably won't sentence Gentz.

Just speculation but it makes sense to me. I also wonder if they are waiting for the Kilpatrick trial to be over to give the staff a break.

View user profile
Toomuchwaiting wrote:I read somewhere (some lawyer's opinion) that Gentz's sentencing was delayed because he would probably testify against Bob. In exchange for that testimony his sentence would be reduced/changed. So until they have a deal worked out and charges against Bob are levied, they probably won't sentence Gentz.

Just speculation but it makes sense to me. I also wonder if they are waiting for the Kilpatrick trial to be over to give the staff a break.

BBM. Good point, toomuch. I'm with EllsBells though in that Gentz must be sentenced by Dec. so the clock is ticking... what is holding up the arrest so they can get to work on the testimony??

On another note- Wink just heard Monster is acting his typical, arrogant, sociopathic self in prison. Seems he has not made any friends there. Especially the guards. Hope we'll have a few more details shortly. Meanwhile, let us all hope and pray his actions in Manistee continue do him in.


____________________________________________________
Jane's voice grows stronger everyday!
View user profile http://justice4jane.forumotion.com

27 Lookie here... on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 11:54 pm

Look what I found...

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/Justice4JaneBashara?fref=ts

View user profile
Justice4Jane wrote:
On another note- Wink just heard Monster is acting his typical, arrogant, sociopathic self in prison. Seems he has not made any friends there. Especially the guards. Hope we'll have a few more details shortly. Meanwhile, let us all hope and pray his actions in Manistee continue do him in.

*SUSPENSE* Can't wait to hear more about Bob's adventures in prison. He may not have made any friends, but I hope he has been made someone's special bitch by now!!!


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
Justice4Jane wrote:
BBM. Good point, toomuch. I'm with EllsBells though in that Gentz must be sentenced by Dec. so the clock is ticking... what is holding up the arrest so they can get to work on the testimony??

On another note- Wink just heard Monster is acting his typical, arrogant, sociopathic self in prison. Seems he has not made any friends there. Especially the guards. Hope we'll have a few more details shortly. Meanwhile, let us all hope and pray his actions in Manistee continue do him in.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I'm thinking (hoping!) that there's a very good reason for the delay and once he's arrested, the evidence will be overwhelming and we'll understand at some point why the delay was necessary. I'm hoping for additional charges too.

View user profile
Was there any type of memorial on the one year anniversary of Jane's death? What happened to the house? Does anyone know how the kids are doing???

View user profile
The almighty Lawman9, stated we would have good news before Christmas. Hey Lawman....crickets, crickets, crickets.......

View user profile
pastpast wrote:Was there any type of memorial on the one year anniversary of Jane's death? What happened to the house? Does anyone know how the kids are doing???

There was a very nice prayer vigil at Janes church.

View user profile
Pointed Barbs wrote:
pastpast wrote:Was there any type of memorial on the one year anniversary of Jane's death? What happened to the house? Does anyone know how the kids are doing???

There was a very nice prayer vigil at Janes church.

The house is empty, but there are 2 Justice for Jane signs in front that appeared on the anniversary of Jane's murder.

View user profile
Copzkid wrote:The almighty Lawman9, stated we would have good news before Christmas. Hey Lawman....crickets, crickets, crickets.......

nobody's perfect....

View user profile
Copzkid wrote:The almighty Lawman9, stated we would have good news before Christmas. Hey Lawman....crickets, crickets, crickets.......

With all the twists and turns this case has taken its probable that the delay of "good news before Christmas" was due to a deal that is in the works with Gentz.


Curious though about your seemingly contentious statement/attitude towards Lawman9?


____________________________________________________
Jane's voice grows stronger everyday!
View user profile http://justice4jane.forumotion.com
Flat out Wrong on my last prediction so I need to keep my Mouth shut. Bob will go down for this, just a mater of time. Sorry about giving false hope to a 2012 year end conclusion.

View user profile
Happens to the best of us Lawman9..no apologies required....peace

View user profile
Justice4Jane wrote:
Copzkid wrote:The almighty Lawman9, stated we would have good news before Christmas. Hey Lawman....crickets, crickets, crickets.......

With all the twists and turns this case has taken its probable that the delay of "good news before Christmas" was due to a deal that is in the works with Gentz.

Curious though about your seemingly contentious statement/attitude towards Lawman9?

BBM

Hmm... ya, I find this peculiar myself & have noticed it before. I tend to see "cop" and "lawman" as a similar line of duty, which would, one thinks, be a common bond. Huh.

Either way, I totally agree, Justice!

Pointed Barbs wrote:Happens to the best of us Lawman9..no apologies required....peace

Lawman, thank you for your contributions! Your comments/observations are much appreciated. Please don't ever feel you must keep your mouth shut. No one's a fortune-teller here. We all want the same thing- Justice for Jane. flower


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
Pointed Barbs wrote:
pastpast wrote:Was there any type of memorial on the one year anniversary of Jane's death? What happened to the house? Does anyone know how the kids are doing???

There was a very nice prayer vigil at Janes church.

Here is a link to an article about the prayer vigil...

http://www.candgnews.com/news/prayer-vigil-marks-one-year-anniversary-jane-bashara%E2%80%99s-murder

View user profile

40 Good to hear! on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 5:16 pm

meandmyshadow wrote:
Pointed Barbs wrote:
pastpast wrote:Was there any type of memorial on the one year anniversary of Jane's death? What happened to the house? Does anyone know how the kids are doing???

There was a very nice prayer vigil at Janes church.

The house is empty, but there are 2 Justice for Jane signs in front that appeared on the anniversary of Jane's murder.

BBM
Kudos to whoever put the signs in front of the house! Love knowing they were/are there!

View user profile
Lawman9 wrote:Flat out Wrong on my last prediction so I need to keep my Mouth shut. Bob will go down for this, just a mater of time. Sorry about giving false hope to a 2012 year end conclusion.

We appreciate you, Lawman9!!!


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
Gentz's sentencing date gets moved again -- but this time, it gets moved UP - to Feb. 19th - 9 am: http://grossepointe.patch.com/articles/gentz-sentencing-re-scheduled-again-in-jane-bashara-homicide

View user profile
.....Waiting for sound of Other shoe.....

View user profile
Pointed Barbs wrote:.....Waiting for sound of Other shoe.....
It is on my foot...I am preparing for a fifty yard kick! bounce
cheers


____________________________________________________
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven True power lies not in tearing down but in building up. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
View user profile
Pointed Barbs wrote:.....Waiting for sound of Other shoe.....

So...

If Gentz is being sentenced on Tuesday, and should be testifying against BB prior to that at a prelim hearing, I'm assuming BB should be charged by tomorrow? Monday? Any chance he's already been charged?

View user profile
AnalyzeThis wrote:
Pointed Barbs wrote:.....Waiting for sound of Other shoe.....

So...

If Gentz is being sentenced on Tuesday, and should be testifying against BB prior to that at a prelim hearing, I'm assuming BB should be charged by tomorrow? Monday? Any chance he's already been charged?

What the heck? Can it get any weirder?? How can he be sentenced when the other named party has not yet been charged? That is so wrong on so many levels. I am thoroughly confused.

Analyze, I cannot imagine even if BB were charged that he'd have a hearing any time soon, given the defense's delay tactics.

This development... Shocked


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
Could they have taped JG's testimony? I don't "get" why the sentencing would be moved up.

Is there any chance that there's so much evidence that they could have reached an agreement with BB and his attorney for BB to plead guilty, maybe for a sentence in the lower range of what's possible? (Or agree to drop other rumored charges?) Could that possibly be why we've seen prior delays (working on reaching an agreement)?

View user profile
a couple snips:

http://www.dailytribune.com/article/20130215/NEWS01/130219808/joe-gentz-sentencing-moved-up-to-tuesday

Rescheduling a sentencing date to an earlier date is rare. Gentz’s defense attorney, Susan Reed, said Thursday she did not request the change and that the move has no effect on the outcome since, “It’s all set,” she said of the plea deal.

http://grossepointe.patch.com/police-fire

Wayne Circuit Court Judge Vonda Evans changed the sentencing hearing for Joe Gentz from early March to Feb. 19, according to the Wayne County…

View user profile

49 Perhaps on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 3:04 pm

Hi everyone, still hanging in there waiting and speculating about the twists and turns. Perhaps there has been some preliminary deal making with BB as well. Perhaps his new attorney has beem afforded glimpses of the evidence and believes there is no way for BB to be found innocent. Since the conspiracy charges were dropped in Gentz's case, can BB still be charged with conspiracy ? Perhaps the sentencing has been moved up as they are ready to charge BB and have been in plea deal with him as well. I am speculating that BB is going to be charged and immediately plead guilty as a result of some plea agreement pending. Save everyone, including his children the pain of a trial. I am just now reading "Blood in the Snow" about Stephen Grant and it's ironic how Griem sounded like a rewind in BB's defense. Also ironic that Griem dropped out at the same point and that both Grant and Bashara had been the only suspect from the start. Grant confessed as I believe Bashara will do for two reasons. His lawyer told him he has no chance and two, he can no longer afford it. Jail and imminent prosecution has broken his arrogance. He now pities himself and will ask forgiveness from everyone. It's just another part he'll chose to play, the victim now. Like all of you I have been following the events and hopefully justice will be served soon.

View user profile
Opened up my browser tonight...and I say "I recognize her, that's Kym Worthy!" to the female toward the bottom of the page.

http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/15/15848051-prosecutor-leads-effort-to-test-long-abandoned-rape-kits-brings-justice-to-victims?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum