Justice For Jane


A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]



Keep the faith for Jane! I love you

View user profile
From clickondetroit.com Story posted 2013.02.18 at 6:59 EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Joe-Gentz-s-mother-speaks-out-before-son-s-sentencing-for-role-in-Jane-Bashara-s-murder/-/1719314/18975066/-/vjnq8s/-/index.html

Gentz's mother is sending an emotional message to Jane Bashara's mother Lorraine.
Though they have never met, the mothers are connected by tragedy. On Tuesday, Joe Gentz will be sentenced for his role in Jane Bashara's murder.

"You would never think something like that could happen to your family. And that's what Jane's mother is going through, her daughter was taken away through a horrible, horrible incident," said Gentz's mother. "Our prayers are with them, and I have been praying for her and her family."

Gentz's mother is convinced her son was forced to kill Jane and that Jane's husband, Bob Bashara, orchestrated everything....

(snipped)



Last edited by chewet on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link & snipped to include intro only.)

View user profile
GPPGRL wrote:From clickondetroit.com Story posted 2013.02.18 at 6:59 EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Joe-Gentz-s-mother-speaks-out-before-son-s-sentencing-for-role-in-Jane-Bashara-s-murder/-/1719314/18975066/-/vjnq8s/-/index.html

(snipped)

"You would never think something like that could happen to your family. And that's what Jane's mother is going through, her daughter was taken away through a horrible, horrible incident," said Gentz's mother. "Our prayers are with them, and I have been praying for her and her family."

Gentz's mother is convinced her son was forced to kill Jane and that Jane's husband, Bob Bashara, orchestrated everything....



BBM

Thanks for posting, GPPGRL-- added the link so people can view. When I saw this earlier, I must admit the word "incident" did not sit that well with me. It's not merely an "incident." It's a cold-blooded, calculated, vicious killing.

And I cannot imagine the pain Jane's family continues to endure because of this.

Hank Winchester was spot on when he stated that at least Mrs. G can still see her son. For the Engelbrechts there is no such option.

As Shadow pointed out earlier, let's all keep faith. And pray real Justice is coming. Soon!



Last edited by chewet on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
meandmyshadow wrote:

Keep the faith for Jane! I love you

Amen! Wish there was a like button for this, Shadow. flower


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/Joe-Gentz-to-be-sentenced-Tuesday-for-role-in-Jane-Bashara-s-murder/-/16732600/18977728/-/co3i0qz/-/index.html
"...ClickOnDetroit.com will livestream the sentencing Tuesday morning...."
(No info given re: time of sentencing.)

View user profile
http://live.freep.com/Event/Joseph_Gentz_is_sentenced_in_the_slaying_of_Jane_Bashara

Gentz, who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in December, is expected to be sentenced to 17-28 years in prison for the death of Jane Bashara this morning in Wayne County Circuit Court in Detroit.

Free Press staff writer Elisha Anderson will blog live from court starting between 8:30 a.m.-9 a.m. Follow along below.

View user profile
chewet wrote:
GPPGRL wrote:From clickondetroit.com Story posted 2013.02.18 at 6:59 EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Joe-Gentz-s-mother-speaks-out-before-son-s-sentencing-for-role-in-Jane-Bashara-s-murder/-/1719314/18975066/-/vjnq8s/-/index.html

(snipped)

"You would never think something like that could happen to your family. And that's what Jane's mother is going through, her daughter was taken away through a horrible, horrible incident," said Gentz's mother. "Our prayers are with them, and I have been praying for her and her family."

Gentz's mother is convinced her son was forced to kill Jane and that Jane's husband, Bob Bashara, orchestrated everything....



BBM

Thanks for posting, GPPGRL-- added the link so people can view. When I saw this earlier, I must admit the word "incident" did not sit that well with me. It's not merely an "incident." It's a cold-blooded, calculated, vicious killing.

And I cannot imagine the pain Jane's family continues to endure because of this.

Hank Winchester was spot on when he stated that at least Mrs. G can still see her son. For the Engelbrechts there is no such option.

As Shadow pointed out earlier, let's all keep faith. And pray real Justice is coming. Soon!
Incident didn't sit well with me either, but I really believe that it just a poor word choice from a woman who has a lot of complicated emotions to sort through. She's got a combination of shame and disappointment at knowing her son took the life of another woman, some amount of blame on herself probably for not keeping her son from monsters like Blob, grief at the loss of her son in the future due to his seemingly naive association with sociopaths who knew exactly what to say to him to get him to do what he wanted. And I'm sure a ton of rage and anger toward Monster. I don't think she intended to minimize in any way the way Jane brutally lost her life, and I believe in her own possibly intellectually limited way she was trying to express how much she felt for them and that they were in her thoughts and prayers.

Bob left a slew of victims in his path and while what Mrs. Gentz is going through in no way can compare to what Jane's family is going through I still believe that Joe's family has been victimized.

May Divine Providence move this case forward to the most justice-filled resolution available by law and let these families move on and find some measure of peace in this world. I love you


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
Oh Kitty, as always words from the wise! Well said-- whenever I see Gentz I do think of the character Lennie...


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile

59 Live Stream on Tue 19 Feb 2013, 9:03 am

Fox 2 Live Stream Link

Click on the red link in article:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21239261/handyman-joe-gentz-returning-to-court-in-bashara-case


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
chewet wrote:Fox 2 Live Stream Link

Click on the red link in article:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21239261/handyman-joe-gentz-returning-to-court-in-bashara-case

Thank you!!!! Cannot really watch sound but...between twitter, the free press live blog, and J4J I will fill in the gaps.


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
Nothing yet... hmmmm...


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
kittygirl wrote:
chewet wrote:Fox 2 Live Stream Link

Click on the red link in article:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21239261/handyman-joe-gentz-returning-to-court-in-bashara-case

Thank you!!!! Cannot really watch sound but...between twitter, the free press live blog, and J4J I will fill in the gaps.

Hey can someone provide a twitter link for the best twitter to follow?

View user profile
Kewl to see Amy Andrews...she used to be up here in my neck of the woods!


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
meandmyshadow wrote:
kittygirl wrote:
chewet wrote:Fox 2 Live Stream Link

Click on the red link in article:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21239261/handyman-joe-gentz-returning-to-court-in-bashara-case

Thank you!!!! Cannot really watch sound but...between twitter, the free press live blog, and J4J I will fill in the gaps.

Hey can someone provide a twitter link for the best twitter to follow?
I follow:

@GeorgeHunter_DN
@langeamyFOX2
@cferretti_dn

I like George best...


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/WATCH-LIVE-Joe-Gentz-sentenced-for-murder-of-Jane-Bashara/-/1719418/18981326/-/jbtq7h/-/index.html


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
kittygirl wrote:
meandmyshadow wrote:
kittygirl wrote:
chewet wrote:Fox 2 Live Stream Link

Click on the red link in article:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21239261/handyman-joe-gentz-returning-to-court-in-bashara-case

Thank you!!!! Cannot really watch sound but...between twitter, the free press live blog, and J4J I will fill in the gaps.

Hey can someone provide a twitter link for the best twitter to follow?
I follow:

@GeorgeHunter_DN
@langeamyFOX2
@cferretti_dn

I like George best...

Thanks, sweetie!

View user profile
kittygirl wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/WATCH-LIVE-Joe-Gentz-sentenced-for-murder-of-Jane-Bashara/-/1719418/18981326/-/jbtq7h/-/index.html

Thank you, Kitty. Was wondering where they were.


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
Attorneys are in the courtroom for Gentz hearing. Judge not yet on bench. Unknown whether Jane's family will make victim impact statements

from george hunter detroit news


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
STARTING


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
heart breaking right now listening to Jane's sister.


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
kittygirl wrote:heart breaking right now listening to Jane's sister.

Julie Rowe moved me to tears...

View user profile
Wow...Judge Evans...


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
Startin to like Judge Vonda Evans...

View user profile
Pointed Barbs wrote:Startin to like Judge Vonda Evans...

You and me both!


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
kittygirl wrote:
Pointed Barbs wrote:Startin to like Judge Vonda Evans...

You and me both!

She's awesome! Man do I wish Monster would of had her in December.


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile

76 Send a note of appreciation on Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:22 am

Suggestion - I know there are some of you who are closer to the investigation than others. Now would be a nice time to send a note to the prosecutorial team thanking them for their extraordinary efforts so far. they have been working this case for over over a year and although its not over, today was a big milestone.

Lisa Lindsey, Rob Moran, Cory Williams and the infamous Kym Worthy. I can't find an email address but here is the number for Worthy's office. I am sure they don't get thank you calls very often.

Kym L. Worthy
Wayne County Prosecutor
(313) 224 - 5777



Last edited by Toomuchwaiting on Tue 19 Feb 2013, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information)

View user profile
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/UNCUT-Joe-Gentz-sentenced-17-28-years-in-prison-for-Bashara-murder/-/1719418/18983556/-/gxt3d1/-/index.html

Video of Gentz being sentenced which includes Julie Rowe's victim impact statement.

View user profile
"EXCLUSIVE: Bashara DNA report
Smita Kalokhe
Feb 19, 2013 6:56 p.m.

http://wxyz.m0bl.net/r/1eu23p

Could forensics test results obtained exclusively by 7 Action News link Bob Bashara to his wife's murder?

Ann Chamberlain, a former Michigan State Police forensic scientist, examined the report. She says a blood sample taken from the garage at Jane and Bob's Grosse Pointe Park home, where it is believed Jane was killed, show both of their DNA.

"If the victim is bleeding from this incident and there's a combination of DNA from the victim and Bob that would indicate that had some contact during the period of time when she is bleeding," said Chamberlain.

Chamberlain says it's also possible the mixed DNA sample is from a previous incident, but that it could show a history of violence depending on the age of the sample.

The report, according to Chamberlain, also suggests that Jane's DNA was found on the bottom of handyman Joe Gentz's boot. Gentz has previously told others Bob forced him to kill Jane by strangling her, eventually placing his boot on her neck.

Action News reached out to Bob Bashara's attorney, Mark Kriger, but he declined to comment on the results.

Scripps Only Content 2013

View user profile
GPPGRL wrote:"EXCLUSIVE: Bashara DNA report
Smita Kalokhe
Feb 19, 2013 6:56 p.m.

http://wxyz.m0bl.net/r/1eu23p

Could forensics test results obtained exclusively by 7 Action News link Bob Bashara to his wife's murder?

SNIPPED

Why is the Michigan State Forensics Lab releasing this evidence? That's troubling.

And --- while applauding Judge Evans' stern lecture to Gentz --- I also find it troubling that she presented as a settled matter that he acted under the control of "his master," meaning Bashara. Since she's a judge in the courthouse where Bashara will be tried, shouldn't she have couched it as "you allege being controlled by another," "whether or not you acted with someone else" or "you claim to being coerced" etc?

Sure, we all believe Bashara did force or trick Gentz into the murder, but that's different than a sitting judge implying on the record that BB is guilty before she's even seen any evidence. Judge Evans won't be the judge to hear Boober's case, but it's about upholding the principle of innocent until proven guilty. I think she should have left out an implication of another person, just talk about Gentz's culpability.

I also thought it was premature for Judge Evans to tell Julie to forgive and move on, given that her sister's murderer HASN'T EVEN BEEN CHARGED YET. Maybe she didn't mean to be scolding, but it sounded that way to me.

What a Face


____________________________________________________
Murder is unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness.

W.H. Auden
View user profile
Well Ells,she has access to all of the evidence in Joe's case.In order to pass sentence legally,she must accept that evidence as true and complete. In that the conspiracy charge was dropped(For Joe) and the sentencing agreement was sufficiently less then the max that the judge wasn't entirely pleased,we must assume that she was sufficiently convinced by the evidence to accept Joe's version of the facts...To wit...that he was manipulated and threatened into agreeing to commit murder and that when he attempted to stop,that Bob held him at gunpoint until he finished. She is not going to be hearing Bob's case and can not influence it.
My opinion...for what it's worth.

View user profile
EllsBells wrote:
GPPGRL wrote:"EXCLUSIVE: Bashara DNA report
Smita Kalokhe
Feb 19, 2013 6:56 p.m.

http://wxyz.m0bl.net/r/1eu23p

Could forensics test results obtained exclusively by 7 Action News link Bob Bashara to his wife's murder?

SNIPPED

Why is the Michigan State Forensics Lab releasing this evidence? That's troubling.

And --- while applauding Judge Evans' stern lecture to Gentz --- I also find it troubling that she presented as a settled matter that he acted under the control of "his master," meaning Bashara. Since she's a judge in the courthouse where Bashara will be tried, shouldn't she have couched it as "you allege being controlled by another," "whether or not you acted with someone else" or "you claim to being coerced" etc?

Sure, we all believe Bashara did force or trick Gentz into the murder, but that's different than a sitting judge implying on the record that BB is guilty before she's even seen any evidence. Judge Evans won't be the judge to hear Boober's case, but it's about upholding the principle of innocent until proven guilty. I think she should have left out an implication of another person, just talk about Gentz's culpability.

I also thought it was premature for Judge Evans to tell Julie to forgive and move on, given that her sister's murderer HASN'T EVEN BEEN CHARGED YET. Maybe she didn't mean to be scolding, but it sounded that way to me.
What a Face

BBM

Keep in mind, the judge has seen all the evidence they had for the case against gentz - which seems to imply that whatever evidence they had on gentz implicated BB pretty strongly. However, it was surprising how long the judge went on with her speech to gentz... and some of the things she said certainly were unexpected given the secrecy which has surrounded the case against BB so far. When Judge Morrow sentenced BB back in December, he didn't say much at all. This really highlights the differences among judges!

I agree that it seemed a bit presumptuous to basically lecture Jane's sister about what she should do and how she should feel. However, I think the judge's heart was in right place and she meant well. She just went about it in an odd way - a very outspoken and long-winded judge for sure!

View user profile
Yes, PB and TheEnd, she has seen the evidence in the Gentz investigation, but she hasn't seen the evidence presented in Bashara's defense and both sides of a case need to be presented before presuming someone guilty. And it just seemed inappropriate for a sitting judge in a televised open court to strongly indicate an acceptance of the guilt of a likely defendant in an future trial.

Probably doesn't amount to a hill of beans, but it just seemed unwise and prejudicial. In voir dire, wouldn't BB's defense attorney ask if potential jurors had seen Gentz's sentencing on tv and then have just grounds to disqualify them? I'd hate to see anything get in the way of putting that monster bob behind bars for life, but maybe the judge's words are not a big deal.

Question


____________________________________________________
Murder is unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness.

W.H. Auden
View user profile
This waiting game is getting very tiresome. Surely they have enough by now.


____________________________________________________
Murder is unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness.

W.H. Auden
View user profile
EllsBells wrote:This waiting game is getting very tiresome. Surely they have enough by now.

ITA, Bells. Looked at the calendar this morning and thought to myself, "Hello??? Friday IS March...."

Honestly, given that curiously-timed DNA leak/release story of last week*, I seriously figured charges were coming within hours, not... days... more (weeks)... Please. No! Justice-- Now!


*http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/forensics-tests-bob-basharas-dna-possibly-linked-to-crime-scene


____________________________________________________
You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result. ~ Ghandi
View user profile
I am just beyond frustrated. I think this case has lost priority since Bob is in jail on other charges. A friend of mine had a daughter repeatedly raped and waited for 3 years for a trial to happen in Wayne county. How anyone can think that is justice is beyond me. God bless Jane's family. How they endure this without public statements is beyond me. I'd be in the prosecutors office daily... I am still wondering if it isnt' time for some public Justice for Jane rally to bring attention back to this case.

View user profile
pastpast wrote:I am just beyond frustrated. I think this case has lost priority since Bob is in jail on other charges. A friend of mine had a daughter repeatedly raped and waited for 3 years for a trial to happen in Wayne county. How anyone can think that is justice is beyond me. God bless Jane's family. How they endure this without public statements is beyond me. I'd be in the prosecutors office daily... I am still wondering if it isnt' time for some public Justice for Jane rally to bring attention back to this case.

Is it possible that the reason Jane's family is not making public statements about the delay is because they are in contact with officials and know what is happening behind the scenes? Just because the public hasn't heard anything doesn't mean there isn't anything happening... just sayin'...

View user profile

87 Similarities on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 12:09 am

While waiting for the charges to be brought against BB I took the time to read "Blood in the Snow". I was curious to know just what Griem did in that case and at what point he bolted just as he did with Bashara. It was interesting to hear the rhetoric he used because it sounded like a script he used in both cases. His attempts at levity only made him look more foolish. If you knew about the case but did not follow it, reading the book brings to mind the similarities. Not that BB chopped up his wife, but had the same disdain for her corpse as Grant. Both BB and Grant's wives were the bread winners, both BB and Grant were having affairs, both BB and Grant saw their wives as obstacles to their desires. Both BB and Grant did incredibly stupid things regarding their crimes. I believe both are sociopaths. Both BB and Grant female relatives who are enamored with them and tried to make them victims while having no respect or little consideration of the real victims. Grants sister and BB's cousin are cut from the same cloth. Here is a quote that could just as well be said of BB. This is from Tara Grant's sisters husband Erik. "Stephen was her Achilles heel." "I never liked or trusted Stephen.I cannot begin to express how many times my family and I were betrayed or belittled by this man. Stephen Grant was the relative that everyone tolerated only because he was married to Tara... He literally siphons the energy from those around him only to make himself more powerful." These remarks were made during the sentencing phase. Stephen Grant was by some mysterious jury fluke found guilty of only second degree murder. The time it takes for a person to die as well as premeditation come into consideration for a first degree murder conviction. Perhaps, this is the delay in charging BB, they really want to be sure they can successfully convince a jury that it's first degree murder. I would think the fact that he called a co-conspirator to his home proves premeditation. I'm also wondering how many people can be convicted of one murder, and can the one who did not physically inflict the death blow be charged with first degree murder ? It may be more legally complicated than we imagine. Anyway, thanks for reading my post and read the book, I love it when Griem plays the fool, twice.

View user profile
smallal wrote:While waiting for the charges to be brought against BB I took the time to read "Blood in the Snow". I was curious to know just what Griem did in that case and at what point he bolted just as he did with Bashara. It was interesting to hear the rhetoric he used because it sounded like a script he used in both cases. His attempts at levity only made him look more foolish. If you knew about the case but did not follow it, reading the book brings to mind the similarities. Not that BB chopped up his wife, but had the same disdain for her corpse as Grant. Both BB and Grant's wives were the bread winners, both BB and Grant were having affairs, both BB and Grant saw their wives as obstacles to their desires. Both BB and Grant did incredibly stupid things regarding their crimes. I believe both are sociopaths. Both BB and Grant female relatives who are enamored with them and tried to make them victims while having no respect or little consideration of the real victims. Grants sister and BB's cousin are cut from the same cloth. Here is a quote that could just as well be said of BB. This is from Tara Grant's sisters husband Erik. "Stephen was her Achilles heel." "I never liked or trusted Stephen.I cannot begin to express how many times my family and I were betrayed or belittled by this man. Stephen Grant was the relative that everyone tolerated only because he was married to Tara... He literally siphons the energy from those around him only to make himself more powerful." These remarks were made during the sentencing phase. Stephen Grant was by some mysterious jury fluke found guilty of only second degree murder. The time it takes for a person to die as well as premeditation come into consideration for a first degree murder conviction. Perhaps, this is the delay in charging BB, they really want to be sure they can successfully convince a jury that it's first degree murder. I would think the fact that he called a co-conspirator to his home proves premeditation. I'm also wondering how many people can be convicted of one murder, and can the one who did not physically inflict the death blow be charged with first degree murder ? It may be more legally complicated than we imagine. Anyway, thanks for reading my post and read the book, I love it when Griem plays the fool, twice.

BBM
EXCELLENT post! Spot on... thanks for writing it!

View user profile
family4ever wrote:
smallal wrote:... It may be more legally complicated than we imagine...

BBM
EXCELLENT post! Spot on... thanks for writing it!

Ok, so it's legally complicated now --- but how is it going to become less legally complicated in the future?

After a year, how can there be more evidence to gather? As time marches on witnesses become impaired/dead and memories decay. For so long we were waiting for the Gentz plea deal to be done, expecting something soon afterwards --- but now that's done and still no charges.

If the hold up is trying to get a plea deal with Monster Bob, imo that's got a snowball's chance in hell as he'll ALWAYS think he can talk his way out of it.

F R U S T R A T I O N !

scratch


____________________________________________________
Murder is unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness.

W.H. Auden
View user profile
I've actually heard that New witnesses came forth when Bob got sentenced...for what that's worth...New witnesses might bring MORE charges...so,it's all good....Just hard not to be impatient...On the plus side,He is locked up for At Least 6.66 years...and Lot's of local people are ready to speak out if parole ever becomes an issue.So...we bounce wait.

View user profile

91 Charges on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:18 pm

We know that charges are coming for BB. But does anyone know what they could be ? If JG already was charged, pled guilty and sentenced for second degree murder of JB, can another person be charged for her death ? Certainly conspiracy to commit murder is what we have been expecting but can there be anymore ? Can a person who coerces someone into killing another be as guilty as the one who actually performs the deed ? I've been searching the web for an explanation or example and have yet to find one. My fear is that since JG has been convicted and sentenced can you charge anyone else with anything more severe than conspiracy ? I am continuing to search for cases similar but if someone already has answers, let us know.

View user profile
smallal wrote:We know that charges are coming for BB. But does anyone know what they could be ? If JG already was charged, pled guilty and sentenced for second degree murder of JB, can another person be charged for her death ? Certainly conspiracy to commit murder is what we have been expecting but can there be anymore ? Can a person who coerces someone into killing another be as guilty as the one who actually performs the deed ? I've been searching the web for an explanation or example and have yet to find one. My fear is that since JG has been convicted and sentenced can you charge anyone else with anything more severe than conspiracy ? I am continuing to search for cases similar but if someone already has answers, let us know.

I'm no expert, but I think yes - they can charge another person with murder. Plus, there was the original conspiracy charge that was negotiated out in Gentz's plea deal, and it was clearly indicated at the sentencing that they believe Gentz's story (which I think indicates they have evidence to show) that there was another person involved. My money is on first degree murder with conspiracy. And yes again, I believe that conspiracy to commit murder is just as serious as first degree murder - I think I remember reading somewhere that in Michigan the two crimes are equal. I think they are going to go for the absolute maximum - they want to get him on the big charges. He deserves it and he has earned it...

View user profile
In Michigan with a conspiracy to commit first degree murder conviction Monster could end up with a nonparolable life sentence. I am not sure if they can charge with both. But the punishment for a conspiracy charge in Michigan would be the same as if he was convicted on the charge that the conspiracy was for, in this case premeditated murder, 1st degree murder.

Depending on too whether Monster did anything to assist in the actual act of the murder or participated in any other felonies like kidnapping? or something then he would be charged with felony murder. The statute lists a number of felonies that when murder occurs in the perpetration of it becomes 1st Degree (felony) murder


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile
kittygirl wrote:In Michigan with a conspiracy to commit first degree murder conviction Monster could end up with a nonparolable life sentence. I am not sure if they can charge with both. But the punishment for a conspiracy charge in Michigan would be the same as if he was convicted on the charge that the conspiracy was for, in this case premeditated murder, 1st degree murder.

Depending on too whether Monster did anything to assist in the actual act of the murder or participated in any other felonies like kidnapping? or something then he would be charged with felony murder. The statute lists a number of felonies that when murder occurs in the perpetration of it becomes 1st Degree (felony) murder

BBM Good point. Evil or Very Mad This got me to thinking. For some time I have wondered if in fact Blob may have actively participated in the murder itself. That picture they kept showing in the press of Jane & Bob at a golf event? They looked the happy couple and all, but he had that club around her neck. In hindsight this is beyond creepy. Especially when he was panicked at one point, trying to retrieve a golf club hidden at his mistress's house.

Meanwhile, while we wait for these charges, know Blob is doing himself no favors by continuing his deranged behavior behind bars. Heard from a source with prison ties that he is hated by the guards. Absolutely despised! They find him repulsive and say he is crude, foul, and prone toward disgusting outbursts along the lines of "hey, check me out." About a month ago he was close to being placed in solitary but they are all looking forward to integrating him into the prison "community" where he'll find it not so pleasant. They are all convinced there that he will remain locked up for life.

View user profile
kittygirl wrote:In Michigan with a conspiracy to commit first degree murder conviction Monster could end up with a nonparolable life sentence. I am not sure if they can charge with both. But the punishment for a conspiracy charge in Michigan would be the same as if he was convicted on the charge that the conspiracy was for, in this case premeditated murder, 1st degree murder.

Depending on too whether Monster did anything to assist in the actual act of the murder or participated in any other felonies like kidnapping? or something then he would be charged with felony murder. The statute lists a number of felonies that when murder occurs in the perpetration of it becomes 1st Degree (felony) murder

Hmmm... first degree murder... conspiracy...and, don't forget PREMEDITATION!! Remember the stories about heparin and car accidents... sounds like he thought it out quite a bit ahead of time!

View user profile
Also aiding and abetting...Witness saw him move his car so Joe could drive away. bounce

View user profile
Yes, but what is gained by a delay in filing charges? Our cause of justice of Jane is not served by more delays. Witnesses die, have decayed memories, become impaired, or are more reluctant to testify. What happens if Gentz dies by natural causes or suffers a stroke? Is it just bureaucracy standing in the way?

The investigation can still continue after charges are filed, so what is the compelling reason to not file charges?

Certainly Monster Bob's attorney will try to delay at every turn, so why should the Wayne County Prosecutor help the defense by prolonging the delay?

Is it time for a protest march with Justice for Jane signs in Grosse Pointe or at the Wayne County Prosecutor's office --- or not? Wouldn't Jane be at the head of an effort for justice if it was her friend who was senselessly murdered? Why are we here if not to demand justice for Jane?

Are we powerless and/or failing Jane?

.


____________________________________________________
Murder is unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness.

W.H. Auden
View user profile
EllsBells wrote:Yes, but what is gained by a delay in filing charges? Our cause of justice of Jane is not served by more delays. Witnesses die, have decayed memories, become impaired, or are more reluctant to testify. What happens if Gentz dies by natural causes or suffers a stroke? Is it just bureaucracy standing in the way?

The investigation can still continue after charges are filed, so what is the compelling reason to not file charges?

Certainly Monster Bob's attorney will try to delay at every turn, so why should the Wayne County Prosecutor help the defense by prolonging the delay?

Is it time for a protest march with Justice for Jane signs in Grosse Pointe or at the Wayne County Prosecutor's office --- or not? Wouldn't Jane be at the head of an effort for justice if it was her friend who was senselessly murdered? Why are we here if not to demand justice for Jane?

Are we powerless and/or failing Jane?
.

Jane's family would not support such action against LE/prosecutor's. Also, no, we are not failing Jane - I wouldn't allow that to happen. I wish I could say more...

View user profile


Jane's family would not support such action against LE/prosecutor's. Also, no, we are not failing Jane - I wouldn't allow that to happen. I wish I could say more...[/quote]

"Arrrggghhhhhhh...." Sorry....I'm okay...Grownups know how to wait.(If I was a grown up...) bounce

View user profile
EllsBells wrote:Yes, but what is gained by a delay in filing charges? Our cause of justice of Jane is not served by more delays. Witnesses die, have decayed memories, become impaired, or are more reluctant to testify. What happens if Gentz dies by natural causes or suffers a stroke? Is it just bureaucracy standing in the way?

The investigation can still continue after charges are filed, so what is the compelling reason to not file charges?

Certainly Monster Bob's attorney will try to delay at every turn, so why should the Wayne County Prosecutor help the defense by prolonging the delay?

Is it time for a protest march with Justice for Jane signs in Grosse Pointe or at the Wayne County Prosecutor's office --- or not? Wouldn't Jane be at the head of an effort for justice if it was her friend who was senselessly murdered? Why are we here if not to demand justice for Jane?

Are we powerless and/or failing Jane?

.
I think there are a number of reasons why it is prudent to delay the filing of charges. Before the file charges the prosecutor's office can issue investigative subpoenas which they had used previously in this case to gather evidence. Also, once charges are filed the defendant is entitled to certain steps in the legal process like a preliminary examination within 14 days, so the case starts moving. Bob would have access to all the discovery and that could potentially harm any further investigation, right now he has no access to discovery. Also, I'm assuming that there is much of this case that is physical evidence (the forensic evidence WXYZ reported having showing Jane and Monster's combined DNA), evidence removed from Rachel's apartment and the Bob's house, internet records, the piece of paper that "heparin" was written on, internet searches for insulin, etc. The strength of this evidence is not going to be diminished by the passage of time and from the way too many crime shows that I watch it seems like that is the kind of stuff that juries like these days and is more irrefutable than witness testimony. As soon as Monster has access to the discovery he knows who is going to be a witness against him and I think that the identity of those witnesses be kept confidential for as long as possible for their own safety and peace of mind.

I sense your frustration absolutely but I firmly believe that the prosecutor's office and law enforcement want justice as bad as we do. They have seen the evidence and the case in its entirety so they know just how complex this case is and evil Monster really is. They could be leveling a myriad of charges against him, things that we have no idea about. I am encouraged by the things that Family said above and I appreciate them letting us know their perspective.


____________________________________________________
Team Lisa Lindsey

Team Justice I love you
View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum