Justice For Jane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Justice For Jane

A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

Latest topics

» Bob Bashara Sentencing and the fate of Joe Gentz
by CuriousPortlander Fri 15 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

» TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!
by Justice4Jane Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

» Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial
by Justice4Jane Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

» Just for Chat
by Freckles Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

» Bashara Murder Charges: 1st Degree, 1st Degree Conspiracy & Solicitation + Perjury, Witness Intimidation & Obstruction of Justice
by meandmyshadow Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

» Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges
by Justice4Jane Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:11 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial

+21
ohwow1
TheEditor
WildChild
GPPGRL
CuriousPortlander
justanopinion
smallal
loc
Bricktop
Glorybee
Fifteen30
silver1
Laker
EllsBells
kittygirl
chewet
family4ever
TheEndIsNear
meandmyshadow
AnalyzeThis
Justice4Jane
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Witness 28:  Larry Ellington - shared cell with Bob!

Warning:  foul language quoted

• currently in correction facility for robbery; serving sentence
  • used to be in Oaks correctional (not there now; not revealing where he's at now)
  • was there for about 8 weeks before being transferred
  • cellmate of Bob's; just him and Bob
  • shared cell for about 6 weeks
  • they talked; they both shared info
  • Bob told him someone said this witness was a Moore? or Muslim?; he could have things done?
  • Bob talked about Joe Gentz, guy named Steve at appliance store; and Timothy Ramsey
  • Bob wanted all three "hit" - killed!!!
  • Started off with just Joe; Bob asked if witness could get to someone already in jail; witness said yes
  • Bob cried; witness said you killed your wife; Bob said no; witness said you had her killed
  • Bob upset because they'd believe "a retard" over himself
  • Never said he had Jane killed; never denied it
  • Said he needed that "fucker" gone
  • His observation was that Bob did it
  • Bob wanted "fat piece of shit Steve gone"; witness knows who Steve is
  • Bob said Steve carries a gun ('38); Steve kept telling Bob that Steve could have Joe killed; wanted Steve killed because Steve set him up and because he was wearing a wire
  • witness played along with him; said, sure, let's do it
  • Wanted to make sure the BS ended (that's why playing along)
  • Timothy Ramsey; stayed on 3 Mile Street (Bob wrote it down for him)
  • Said Ramsey talks a lot; started a mess at Bob's compound
  • Wanted Ramsey killed; Bob didn't say specifically why
  • What Bob wrote down was later torn up and flushed
  • Talked verbally in the yard because Bob thought the cell was bugged
  • showing video of prison yard with people playing basketball; shows Bob and witness walking by and around the whole yard
  • video admitted as evidence
  • Bob offered witness cash; witness said it's going to cost you; Bob said his money was tied up (Rick? was power of attorney); had someone to sell his house for him; Rick ended up selling it for him (for $350K; less than expected)
  • Bob said he had to pay someone $100K (mom?)
  • Bob's story changed
  • Bob's money was tied up; Bob had to go to court for his money; state had his money tied up
  • Bob asked witness to call Rick; witness called to discuss what happened at court (related to Bob's money being tied up)
  • Conveyed info learned to Bob
  • Rick put money into witness' account (limited to $50/month, because witness owed restitution he couldn't get more)
  • Talked to Rick about receiving money; witness talked to Rick twice on phone
  • Bob was going to offer property for hits; mortgage value was coming down; Bob could pay him off with house
  • hit person could take over the note; rent another property and make a profit
  • witness' aunt in real estate; said he could have appraisal done
  • House was on Gilford?
  • Witness told Bob not to tell anyone else about the plans for the hits
  • Bob told witness that he told a guy in Level 2 the same thing; before arraignment; put in level 4 after that; another guy said he could make it happen for $1K; this was before Bob met this witness
  • Witness said he had too many people involved; bringing too much heat
  • Bob did what he had to do
  • Lost contact with other guy when moved to Level 4
  • Witness wrote letter to prosecutor to share info; told Ms Worthy what Bob wanted him to do
  • Then witness interviewed by prosecutor's office; told them what he testified to today
  • Has not been promised anything in return for testimony; only told if he gets re-sentenced, prosecutor would say he had cooperated in this case
  • Witness was put in bullpen with Bob; Bob called him a rat; pointed him out to whoever was watching and Bob pointed him out and called him a rat; "he's doing a good job" telling on Bob

Cross:

• Used to be a moore?  Wasn't active.  Used to be a Muslim.  A moore practices Islamic; science temple of America; active back in 2006-7; was in prison at the time
  • You can get things done when you're a Moore or a Muslim
  • Witness has spent most of his life in prison
  • Witness knows what to do and what not to do; unwritten rules of being in prison
  • At Oaks facility, witness was in Level 4
  • 6-7 weeks as Bob's cellmate; 22 hours per day (2 hours for recreation)
  • Does Bob just talk all the time?  No
  • Sept. 8, 2012; committed armed robbery; convicted 2013
  • Aug. 31, 2012; committed armed robbery; convicted
  • within the last 10 years, you've been convicted of two bank robberies (2004) - yes
  • witness sentenced to 5.5 to 25.5 for each; served 5.5 years for one of the bank robberies
  • witness didn't want to see anyone killed
  • witness said he could get things done
  • witness told Bob he could have witness' cousin kill someone; never told prosecutor that
  • witness said he needed his time cut down; couldn't be offered that
  • decided to "do the right thing"
  • witness is now housed in level 2 (dorm style); benefit he got as a result of testifying
  • witness can't remember name of prisoner Bob was talking to before him; worked with maintenance people who Bob could talk to
  • Saw Bob talk to few other people; most people didn't want to be bothered with him
  • attorney is saying witness lies; witness says he's not lying

Re-direct

• originally asked for benefit of reduced time; was told they couldn't do it
  • witness still gave a statement without getting time cut
  • if word got out that witness was a rat, in Level 4, he could have been harmed
    Judge asking for no speaking objections
  • Bob called him Buckwheat; made witness mad

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Witness 29:  Richard Falcinelli; personal friend of Bob's; BDSM

• Midnight Rider/ Sir Rick are his BDSM names
  • Knows Bob thru BDSM
  • power of attorney for Bob for selling Middlesex home; received order to freeze Bob's assets
  • Bob asked Rick to put money on Mr. Ellington's account; eventually complied
  • Some relative of Larry, and then Larry, asked him to put money in Ellington's account; didn't do it until Bob asked him to
  • Rick couldn't speak freely with Bob due to calls being recorded; repeatedly told Bob to "shut the f**k up, Bob" and not talk on the phone and with others
  • Bob not following Rick's advice not to put money into Larry's account
  • playing recording; witness recognizes Bob and his own voice
  • Recording:  Bob saying put $50 on that account; others calling witness to ask same
  • Reluctantly did so; fiduciary responsibility to do what Bob asked
  • Witness talked to Larry directly
  • Recently learned from defense attnys that Larry was cooperating
  • referred to Larry as "that two-faced SOB" - witness said to Bob "I told you just to STFU"
  • Bob admitted to witness he was talking to Larry
  • witness laughing when recording is being played; prosecutor admonishing witness for laughing; this is a murder case; objection; sustained
  • witness has about 35 websites he's on (alt.com, fetlife.com, (fetish) etc.)
  • knew Rachel; partner, slave and submissive; Bob's Bella
  • over the last 12 years, met several (4-5 or more) women that Bob was involved with
  • Bob said Jane had no interest in BDSM
  • Bob said he loved Rachel; also that he loved Jane
  • getting contentious between prosecutor and witness; he's volunteering more than being asked
  • Judge admonished to answer only question being asked
  • Bob said he was buying house; wanted future with Rachel
  • At one point, after murder, he said he was buying the house with Jane (never said that before murder)
  • before murder, Bob never mentioned Joe's name
  • Never said that he thought Joe killed Jane until after Joe turned himself in
  • After Joe came out in media, Bob explained Joe was maintenance man; Joe was leaving Bob msgs on cell phone
  • April 21,2012 statement:  witness testified that Bob never told him he suspected Joe (this was after Joe had been arrested and charged)
  • Before Bob was charged with solicitation, Bob said he thought Joe killed Jane (after his April testimony)
  • After murder, but before June, Bob mentioned Cadillac; that Joe had seen it, and Joe wanted to get in compensation for rental property services work; reviewing April statement for related comment; as of April, Bob had not told witness that Joe was trying to get car
  • Bob told witness that he had left house early on day of murder; made several stops; one was at bar on Mack Ave; came and went from Mack Ave. property
  • Bob said he was concerned about not being able to reach Jane while traveling between stops
  • Bob told witness that Bob had given Joe a check the Monday before the murder; met in person to give him a check for $450
  • Bob never mentioned that Joe ever made threats against Bob, family or Jane
  • Bob said Joe wasn't satisfied with the amount Bob paid him
  • Bob never said he feared for his safety after this conversation
  • Bob never told witness he was trying to have Joe killed for trying to avenge Jane's murder until after the allegations against Bob came out (sometime in 2012)
  • April 8, 2013, witness gave statement to prosecutors saying Bob never indicated he wanted to kill Joe to avenge murder; saying now that was not true?  (Not sure about that)
  • Told Bob he shouldn't have called Steve; he should have called this witness
  • Week of Jane's funeral; Bob asked witness to contact Rachel to see if she's alright and tell her that he still cared for her (witness can't remember which time he was supposed to convey which msg)
  • Bob asked witness to set up profile on fetlife (fetish website); after he was locked up
  • Witness knew where Rachel was, so fetlife wasn't to find Rachel
  • Some discussion on "catpurr"/Teresa; couldn't follow
  • Witness found out about PPO that Rachel had against Bob; said he never contacted Rachel on Bob's behalf after that
  • weekend of Jan 21, 2012, witness went to BDSM event; saw Bob and Rachel there
  • People don't usually engaged in breath play at BDSM events, but he has been to some where it did happen; never witnessed anyone pass out from it; witness has participated in it himself
  • Bob told witness he provided list of suspects to LE (15-18 names!!!); week before funeral
  • Joe's name was on the list; this info came out after that

Recess for shortened lunch; reconvene at 1:15, I think

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Witness 30:  Eileen Stratelak  

• Fall 2011 - saw Bob at Cedar Gardens restaurant
  • Said he was meeting a tenant; he came in front door; she came in back; afterward recognized her as Rachel
  • They were there for a while; they went out different doors
  • Saw thru window that they met up outside
  • Spoke to Jane on  1/24  to make plans for later; she declined; wanted to go home and rest
  • She told Bob she had spoken to Jane on the 24th; never asked her any questions about Jane; just said you're probably the last one to talk to her
  • First story was carjacking somewhere on Jefferson; someone could have taken her
  • Didn't mention Joe
  • She followed story in media; she later confronted Bob
  • Bob told her not to believe media; asked about media story about Joe pulling out of garage and that Bob was also seen letting Joe out of garage
  • He said, Eileen, I guess I was at the wrong place at the time...went home at 6 p.m. to get keys; saw Jane's bag; went to bathroom; was in a hurry; her car was not in driveway; I guess Joe was in the garage with her
  • Prior to that, he never said he was there
  • Never said he looked in garage or went in there
  • Bob said that he himself associates with losers; was trying to help out Joe; Joe wanted money; Joe killed his wife and must have felt guilty, Joe told Steve, and Steve said blame Bob
  • Bob said they had no DNA and had nothing on him; said Joe was going to be found incompetent; if so, there'd be no proof against Bob
  • She asked about S&M; he said he's not into that; doesn't own black leather; he and Jane didn't have a relationship; said he had an ED problem; he started "crying" but there were no tears; he should just end it (implying he should just kill himself)

No Cross

Stipulation as to how LE found Jane in car; went too fast to capture
Stipulation  that Jane's was transported to ME

Nothing further from the people!

Court in recess until 2:15!

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

My feed this afternoon was real choppy, so I missed a lot; here's what I got:

Judge's comments:

• Court observed Bob's non-verbal communications to Rachel; licking his lips with his tongue; "he was going to town!" with it; rubbing his heart; crying tears, even though his eyes were as dry as sandpaper; husband's supposed to protect wife
  • Lots of evidence, mostly to do with motive; not looking at that because not required to prove, some witnesses aren't the cleanest of which (convicts); "if you're dealing with scum, chances are you're pretty much scum, too".
  • The State produced evidence to substantiate those witnesses
  • alleged murder for hire; solicitations; seems like he thought he was Mafia; putting hits on multiple people; like "he's the man"; way too bizarre
  • Could have skipped the exam and gone right to trial

• Overwhelming evidence that the charges were committed; probable cause that Bob committed them all

Sept. 20  9 a.m. - arraignment

Woohoo!  Bob's going to trial!!!

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Bob Bashara ordered to stand trial in wife's death in case judge calls 'too bizarre'

6:34 PM, September 13, 2013

Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 4 Bilde?Site=C4&Date=20130913&Category=NEWS02&ArtNo=309130107&Ref=V1&MaxW=300&Border=0&Bashara-sex-murder-mistress

Snipped:
-----
King said the 30 witnesses who testified during Bashara’s five-day preliminary examination gave a road map as to who was responsible for the demise of the Grosse Pointe Park mother.

“And I could probably add one more to that list because I also had the opportunity to observe Mr. Bashara in the court room as well,” King said. “This court observed Mr. Bashara rubbing his heart, crying tears, even though his eyes were as dry as sandpaper.”

After admonishing Bashara earlier this week, King said, he watched as Bashara licked his lips while Rachel Gillett, his former mistress, testified.

“And it wasn’t a simple licking of the lips,” the judge said. “I mean he was going to town on his lips with his tongue.”
King said that if the allegations against Bashara — including giving false alibis and the murder-for-hire solicitations — are to be believed, “it almost sounds like the defendant ... thought he was mafia or something.”

Bashara is scheduled to be arraigned in Wayne County Circuit Court on Sept. 20.
-----

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/article/20130913/NEWS02/309130107/Bashara-sex-murder-mistress

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

'I lived in Bob's sex basement': Third mistress testifies about businessman accused of having hitman kill his wife so he could start polyamorous BDSM life

PUBLISHED: 17:36 EST, 13 September 2013 | UPDATED: 17:36 EST, 13 September 2013

Third wheel: Oregon woman, Janet Leehmann... who Bashara had found and had been grooming to join him and Gillett in their polyamorous love in took the stand on Thursday.

Leehmann...described how Bashara also made her call him 'Master Bob' and sent her dirty letters, a leather collar and a T-shirt he had worn for three days straight so she could smell his scent

'He was standing behind me, he wrapped his hands around my neck and I passed out cold,' she testified. When asked by Lindsay if she consented to the asphyxiation, she said, 'no, not really.'
Leehmann said he responded: 'Well little girl you should have told me you were getting bad, I could have stopped.'
-----

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2420463/Bob-Bashara-trial-Third-mistress-testifies-businessman-accused-having-hitman-kill-wife-start-polyamorous-BDSM-life.html

Last edited by chewet on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed images as they were not shown in court)

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Bob Bashara Trial. Preliminary Hearing. Sept 13. Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2I4YewNOYU

Bob Bashara Trial. Preliminary Hearing. Sept 13. Part 2. Hearing Concludes
(This includes Judge's comments at the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8hdaH4ygBU

Courtroom video: Judge's decision to try Bob Bashara (Separate video with just Judge's comments)

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/courtroom-video-judges-decision-to-try-bob-bashara/-/1719418/21923584/-/15k3clgz/-/index.html

158Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 4 Empty THANK YOU, CP!! Wed 18 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm

chewet

chewet

Kudos, CP, for all your hard work!

Thank you so much for posting here; it is greatly appreciated! flower 

Justice is on its way!

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

chewet wrote:Kudos, CP, for all your hard work!

Thank you so much for posting here; it is greatly appreciated! flower 

Justice is on its way!

You're very welcome!

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

smallal wrote:
EllsBells wrote:Does anyone know the basis for Judge King adding "felony firearms" to the list of alleged crimes? There was no evidence that I recall about the gun being illegally procured or not registered to BB, unless he's basing it on the Dateline segment that Boob insists he doesn't own a gun.

Not that I'm averse to piling on, just curious ...

My guess is that this gun may have been used by Blob to coerce Gentz into murdering Jane in the garage. If that is so, then there is also a charge of use of a firearm in committing a felony. And it may had been included in the original charges if the prosecution had known about the gun. I think it was a recent revelation as it came into MSP possession in September.

I am also curious if the report of a witness observing the car ballet, Blob moving his car while Gentz left with Janes car and her body inside was put out as a bait to see what Blobs reaction would be. Obviously he bit on it according to the testimony of Eileen Stratelak. Or did this witness actually exist ?
Just finally catching up on all my reading as I was away for a few days. Is it possible this story was "leaked" to try and rattle Blob's cage to get a reaction? If that was the case- it worked!

kittygirl

kittygirl

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bob-bashara-to-be-arraigned-on-charges-he-murdered-wife-jane-bashara/-/1719418/22024348/-/jech3oz/-/index.html

Arraignment.

I guess I'm naive but I would love to see him do the right thing for once and plead guilty.

ohwow1

ohwow1

anyone have a livelink yet?

AnalyzeThis

kittygirl wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bob-bashara-to-be-arraigned-on-charges-he-murdered-wife-jane-bashara/-/1719418/22024348/-/jech3oz/-/index.html

Arraignment.

I guess I'm naive but I would love to see him do the right thing for once and plead guilty.
I realize he's not too bright, but after the prelim even he should be able to figure out he doesn't have a chance in a million of getting off.  And you'd think Mr. Narcissist would be appalled at the idea of another parade of witnesses discussing his ED among other things.  (Anyone else think Team LL brought that up at every chance possible in case it encouraged him to plead?)

Of course, sometimes narcissists will take any attention, even negative, and that's probably where it will go with BB.

Editing to add that, after the parade of women witnesses discussing his consistent lies and cheating, I can't imagine most women on the jury feeling anything but disgust for him.

kittygirl

kittygirl

Trial March 3, 2014.

ohwow1

ohwow1

9/20/13 Bashara arraignment.
All motions must be filed Dec. 9 (?) 2013
Trial scheduled to being March 3, 2014

The sound isn't that great, but it's something, for those of you that missed it

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

ohwow1 wrote:

9/20/13 Bashara arraignment.
All motions must be filed Dec. 9 (?) 2013
Trial scheduled to being March 3, 2014

The sound isn't that great, but it's something, for those of you that missed it
I worked today so thank you, Oh Wow!!!Laughing 

EllsBells

EllsBells

Bashara today told Judge Vonda Evans, "I'm blessed" --- except he just forgot to add "with great delusions of power to deceive."  I bet he still thinks he can talk his way out of this one, like all his past bad cr*p.

Probably trying to convince her that he's "born again" and has reformed his evil ways.  What a fool.     Suspect

What do you think Boober is "blessed with?"

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/bob-bashara-tells-judge-im-blessed

Here is a much better video and audio of today's arraignment.  Btw, BB to stay in Wayne County jail until the trial in March.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/raw-video-bashara-arraignment-sept-20-2013/-/1719418/22038736/-/5ldd0nz/-/index.html

Is Evans the judge for the trial and if not, when is that assignment made?

Last edited by EllsBells on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

169Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 4 Empty Yup. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 7:15 pm

family4ever

family4ever

EllsBells wrote:Bashara today told Judge Vonda Evans, "I'm blessed" --- except he just forgot to add "with great delusions of power to deceive."  I bet he still thinks he can talk his way of of this one, like all his past bad cr*p.

Probably trying to convince her that he's "born again" and has reformed his evil ways.  What a fool.     Suspect

What do you think Boober is "blessed with?"

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/bob-bashara-tells-judge-im-blessed

Is Evans the judge for the trial and if not, when is that assignment made?

BBM

Ugh. Evil or Very Mad 

And, yes, Judge Evans is our judge. Neutral 

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Attorney appeals Joseph Gentz's murder conviction

5:37 PM, September 25, 2013

Snipped:
-----
An attorney for a former handyman in prison for killing a Grosse Pointe Park woman is appealing the man’s murder conviction.

Phillip Comorski, an appellate lawyer appointed to represent Joseph Gentz, said in a document filed with the Michigan Court of Appeals that Gentz wrote a letter to Wayne County Circuit Court indicating “certain conditional promises associated with the plea were not fulfilled by the prosecutor.”

Gentz didn’t fully understand the second-degree murder plea he was entering into, he said.

“The trial court failed to adequately address the claims of the letter, and the trial court erroneously conducted a post-conviction hearing without his appellate lawyer,” said the document filed Friday.
-----

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/article/20130925/NEWS02/309250152/Gentz-Bashara-appeal

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Whoa- this roller coaster just keeps going! Thanks for posting this, curious!!!!!!

EllsBells

EllsBells

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Attorney appeals Joseph Gentz's murder conviction

5:37 PM, September 25, 2013

Snipped:
-----
An attorney for a former handyman in prison for killing a Grosse Pointe Park woman is appealing the man’s murder conviction.

Phillip Comorski, an appellate lawyer appointed to represent Joseph Gentz, said in a document filed with the Michigan Court of Appeals that Gentz wrote a letter to Wayne County Circuit Court indicating “certain conditional promises associated with the plea were not fulfilled by the prosecutor.”

Gentz didn’t fully understand the second-degree murder plea he was entering into, he said.

“The trial court failed to adequately address the claims of the letter, and the trial court erroneously conducted a post-conviction hearing without his appellate lawyer,” said the document filed Friday.

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/article/20130925/NEWS02/309250152/Gentz-Bashara-appeal
------------------

Other than the claim that unspecified "conditional promises associated with the plea were not fulfilled by the prosecutor," this filing seems odd as:

1) Before he pleaded guilty, Gentz was judged competent to understand the charges against him.

2) His attorney Susan Reed at the plea hearing said, "He (Gentz) thinks it's the right thing to do. He has to pay for what he did, and he thinks that everyone involved should pay for what they did in this case."

Sounds to me like he knew he was pleading guilty to murder and further got off easy with second degree murder as that is murder which is not premeditated or planned in advance.  With all the evidence about locating heparin and staging an t-bone accident, the second degree charge seems lenient, imo.

http://wrbw.membercenter.worldnow.com/story/20402606/gentz-pleas-guilty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_%28United_States_law%29

3) Apparently poorly advised by a fellow prison wannabee attorney to send a letter requesting to revoke his plea agreement in July 2013, he quickly rescinded the letter in consultation with his attorney Reed who explained how revoking the plea could work against him.  Per source below, "Accompanied by his court-appointed attorney, Gentz withdrew his request during a special post-conviction motion hearing July 17 in front of 3rd Circuit Court Judge Vonda Evans."  

It sounds like he was represented by the attorney most familiar with his case at this post-conviction hearing --- albeit not an "appellate attorney."  Is that grounds for overturning a hearing, not having a certain type of attorney?  Really?

https://www.candgnews.com/news/gentz-plea-deal-stand

What isn't understood is what promises were made to him if he pleaded guilty --- perhaps visitation with daughter, location, level of security, or other. But even if those promises were not completely fulfilled, is that enough to invalidate a plea agreement???

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Prosecutors urge court to deny Joseph Gentz appeal in Jane Bashara murder case

6:45 PM, October 23, 2013

Snipped:
-----
Prosecutors responded to an appeal filed by the new attorney for Joseph Gentz — the man convicted of murdering a Grosse Pointe Park woman — and are arguing it should be denied.

In a document filed with the Michigan Court of Appeals late last week, they said the former handyman, who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the January 2012 death of Jane Bashara, can’t challenge his plea on appeal unless he has moved to withdraw the plea on the same basis in the trial court.

“Defendant in this case was charged with murder, was represented by counsel and had entered into a plea agreement with the people,” prosecutors said. “He made an informed decision to enter into a plea agreement with the people and plead guilty to a lesser charge of second-degree murder.”
-----

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013310230120

174Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 4 Empty Jane's Walk Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:52 pm

chewet

chewet

The holidays are a difficult time for so many. Especially people who have lost loved ones.

As has been posted here before, a public labyrinth is being planned and constructed in the Pointes in Jane's honor. Walking a labyrinth is an ancient practice used for contemplation, prayer, solace; and when open, Jane's Walk will be a quiet place for reflection at this time of year.

Contributions on behalf of Jane's Walk are now being received by:

St. Micheal's Episcopal Church
    ATTN: Jane's Walk
    20475 Sunningdale Park Drive
    Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236  

For more information, here is a link to the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/JanesWalkGp?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline

175Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 4 Empty Jane's Walk Sat 07 Dec 2013, 3:59 pm

Bricktop

Bricktop

chewet wrote:The holidays are a difficult time for so many. Especially people who have lost loved ones.

As has been posted here before, a public labyrinth is being planned and constructed in the Pointes in Jane's honor. Walking a labyrinth is an ancient practice used for contemplation, prayer, solace; and when open, Jane's Walk will be a quiet place for reflection at this time of year.

Contributions on behalf of Jane's Walk are now being received by:

St. Micheal's Episcopal Church
    ATTN: Jane's Walk
    20475 Sunningdale Park Drive
    Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236  

For more information, here is a link to the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/JanesWalkGp?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline
Thank you so much for posting this Chewet. I think it's wonderful that they're doing this and really want to donate.

AnalyzeThis

Pretrial Hearing Today

I've lost track of what's happening when, but saw this online this morning, so thought I'd post.  

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/bob-bashara-in-court-for-pretrial-hearing-tuesday/-/1719314/23397124/-/ip3kwe/-/index.html

Bob Bashara is expected in court Tuesday for a pretrial hearing in connection with the murder of his wife Jane Bashara...

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

I am paraphrasing @georgehunter Det News Reporter on his twitter feed!

Lisa Lindsey plans to file 10-12 motions in what the Judge says will be a perfunctory hearing.  Bashara has asked for a laptop with enlarged font so that he can read the discovery because he has bad eyesight. Prosecutors are concerned that he not have internet access as he is accused of witness intimidation via internet.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeHunter_DN

link to an article:
http://www.mlive.com/detroit-river/index.ssf/2013/12/bob_bashara_requests_use_of_la.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

178Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 4 Empty bob's christmas wish list Tue 10 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm

TheEndIsNear

TheEndIsNear

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Bob-Bashara-wants-special-laptop-privileges/-/1719418/23418868/-/4lp7j7z/-/index.html

Dear Satan  Twisted Evil ...oops, I mean Santa  Evil or Very Mad ,

Please give me...
a laptop to "read documents" on  study (and play cards and bully my ex-friends and find sex slaves to serve me)

a new cell mate who is not too smart  jocolor (to send out to kill for me)

and, attention...most of all, I want attention. And a laptop and a hit man and some slaves, but mostly, attention.  Laughing 

Cuz, really, I've been good - look at all the good I've done in my life...  Rolling Eyes 

Happy Holidays,

Jolly bob  toilet2 

vomit8

(gotta love Hank Winchester!)

EllsBells

EllsBells

Let's remember that a few months ago BB was the self appointed dealer at a church festival craps game where he had to distinguish a tiny black dot on a little dice. How does he not know how to read documents that he can now hold within inches of his face? Bogus.

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Bob-Bashara-wants-special-laptop-privileges/-/1719418/23418868/-/4lp7j7z/-/index.html

Please give me...
a laptop to "read documents" on  study (and play cards and bully my ex-friends and find sex slaves to serve me)

and, attention...most of all, I want attention. And a laptop and a hit man and some slaves, but mostly, attention.  Laughing 

Cuz, really, I've been good - look at all the good I've done in my life...  Rolling Eyes 

Happy Holidays,

Jolly bob  toilet2 

vomit8

"Jolly Bob" had me dying! Thanks, Hank!

family4ever

family4ever

TheEndIsNear wrote:http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Bob-Bashara-wants-special-laptop-privileges/-/1719418/23418868/-/4lp7j7z/-/index.html

Please give me...

Happy Holidays,

Jolly bob  toilet2 

vomit8

Sometimes you have to laugh, because we can't just keep crying...

182Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 4 Empty It SHOULD be difficult! Tue 10 Dec 2013, 11:14 pm

family4ever

family4ever

EllsBells wrote:Let's remember that a few months ago BB was the self appointed dealer at a church festival craps game where he had to distinguish a tiny black dot on a little dice. How does he not know how to read documents that he can now hold within inches of his face? Bogus.

Great point!
Another thing that caught my attention was when bb said it was "very difficult" to read the documents. So what? Who cares if it's "difficult" for him? It's not like he is unable to read them. And the elephant in the room - everyone HAS to know he is scheming in his demented mind about what he can do with that laptop once he gets it. (Which, let's hope, is not much - I have to believe they could allow him a laptop with no capabilities other than reading documents.) Sigh...

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Judge May Let Incarcerated Bob Bashara Have Laptop

December 10, 2013 2:58 PM

Snipped:
-----
DETROIT (WWJ/AP) - A judge said Tuesday that she will consider whether a suburban Detroit man charged in the strangulation of his wife should be allowed to use a laptop computer in jail to review legal documents.

...“I have very distorted vision, and being able to enlarge on a computer would be most helpful,” Bashara told Judge Vonda Evans.

Bashara spoke to Evans about his diabetes, and said he suffers from macular degeneration.

Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey, who’s worried about Internet access, said she opposes the request.

...Evans said she would consult with jail officials and reconsider the issue at a Jan. 9 hearing.
-----

Read more:  http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/12/10/judge-may-let-incarcerated-bob-bashara-have-laptop/

AnalyzeThis

I hope if they give jolly blob a laptop, it has every single thing that might be entertaining or distracting removed from it in addition to having no internet capabilities.  

He doesn't deserve to be able to play any games, paint with Paintbrush, or even write in Word.  He can make notes in a notebook on his reading if needed.

I say give him a magnifying glass and let that be that.

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

AnalyzeThis wrote:I hope if they give jolly blob a laptop, it has every single thing that might be entertaining or distracting removed from it in addition to having no internet capabilities.  

He doesn't deserve to be able to play any games, paint with Paintbrush, or even write in Word.  He can make notes in a notebook on his reading if needed.

I say give him a magnifying glass and let that be that.

I was thinking magnifying glass, too, except that it's made of glass, which could be broken and used as a weapon or a tool to commit suicide (not that I think he'd do himself in; he thinks too much of himself for that).

I sure hope the judge doesn't take his word for any of this without confirming he's actually been diagnosed with diabetes and macular degeneration.  And if he does have diabetes, why was he asking Joe to get insulin for him?  Wouldn't he already have some?  Maybe not all diabetics use insulin; IDK.  But I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed typo)

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Bashara trial expected to be unprecedented in Wayne County

Bob Bashara accused of plotting to have wife Jane Bashara killed
Published On: Dec 11 2013 06:35:26 PM EST   Updated On: Dec 11 2013 06:48:00 PM EST

Snipped:
-----
DETROIT - The Local 4 Defenders are learning new information about the Bob Bashara case and one thing is for sure: the trial is going to be huge.

...The Defenders have learned there is a mountain of evidence. This case has been ongoing for almost two years. Detectives are still hard at work putting it all together. The trial itself likely will last more than a month.

"The witness list is probably close to 300 witnesses, tens of thousands of pages. I think this will be between 10,000 and 20,000 pages of documents," said Flood.
-----

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/bashara-trial-expected-to-be-unprecedented-in-wayne-county/-/1719314/23439002/-/nn56pu/-/index.html

EllsBells

EllsBells

Remember seeing Blob reading papers given him by his attorneys during various hearings as well as reading in court his confession of guilt for hiring a hit on Gentz? Those items were on the podium --- a normal reading distance --- and he had no apparent trouble.

When prisoners are first processed for incarceration, they have a thorough physical including vision testing. Let's hope the judge checks those results.

If he does need large font documents, plug a flash drive with a pdf file full of them into a monitor, not a computer. BB obviously can't be trusted with internet access, even the thought of it is scary.

EllsBells

EllsBells

Remember seeing Blob reading papers given him by his attorneys during various hearings as well as reading in court his confession of guilt for hiring a hit on Gentz? Those items were on the podium --- a normal reading distance --- and he had no apparent trouble.

When prisoners are first processed for incarceration, they have a thorough physical including vision testing. Let's hope the judge checks those results.

If he does need large font documents, plug a flash drive with a pdf file full of them into a monitor, not a computer. BB obviously can't be trusted with internet access, even the thought of it is scary.

ohwow1

ohwow1

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Judge May Let Incarcerated Bob Bashara Have Laptop

December 10, 2013 2:58 PM

Snipped:
-----
DETROIT (WWJ/AP) - A judge said Tuesday that she will consider whether a suburban Detroit man charged in the strangulation of his wife should be allowed to use a laptop computer in jail to review legal documents.

...“I have very distorted vision, and being able to enlarge on a computer would be most helpful,” Bashara told Judge Vonda Evans.

Bashara spoke to Evans about his diabetes, and said he suffers from macular degeneration.

Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey, who’s worried about Internet access, said she opposes the request.

...Evans said she would consult with jail officials and reconsider the issue at a Jan. 9 hearing.
-----

Read more:  http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/12/10/judge-may-let-incarcerated-bob-bashara-have-laptop/

Very distorted vision is CORRECT, only not the way he means. EFF HIM. And Ellsbells, good point about reading the documents in court.

190Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 4 Empty Pre-Trial Hearing January 9 Wed 08 Jan 2014, 3:13 pm

chewet

chewet

Tomorrow is the day Judge Evans will rule on the laptop issue. Let's all pray Monster's shenanigans are stopped in their tracks.  Evil or Very Mad 

9 a.m. Pre-Trial Hearing

https://cmspublic.3rdcc.org/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=2319177

191Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 4 Empty Laptop Hearing Thu 09 Jan 2014, 9:54 am

chewet

chewet

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Bashara denied laptop privileges in prison

Published On: Jan 08 2014 03:12:14 PM EST   Updated On: Jan 09 2014 11:52:11 AM EST

Snipped:
-----
DETROIT - Bob Bashara has been denied access to a laptop while behind bars.

The Grosse Pointe Park man is charged with murder in his wife's 2012 death. In December he told a judge that he needs the laptop to help him research for his defense in the upcoming trial.

The prosecution is against it and on Thursday the judge in the case agreed.
-----

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bashara-in-court-thursday-for-laptop-in-prison-request/-/1719418/23833552/-/ghafj7/-/index.html

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Thanks for the tweet info!

Tweets from the hearing this morning (read bottom to top):

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 22m
Judge to #Bashara "be quiet. I am not going to have this back and forth."

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 25m
Lisa Lindsey the prosecutor says that they have not spent $1million on the case as #Bashara says

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 27m
Judge will meet with jail officials to determine what can be done to

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 28m
Judge Evans says let me find out if your defense was able and willing. Mr. Procida needs more assistance. #Bashara

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 29m
#Bashara complaining about having to write with small pencils - he wants a computer - I don't want a modem or to contact anyone

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 30m
#bashara says he just found out his other attorney, Cooper, might not be on his case anymore leaving only Mark Procida - he's concerned

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 31m
Judge - there is no movement I am not satisfied with level of preparedness from the defense #Bashara

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 32m
Judge admonishes #Bashara for talking to his attorney while prosecutor Lindsey is talking - she wants to give Bob a magnifying glass

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 33m
Looking at hand-written witness statements pic.twitter.com/IqSjNCtCmK

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 36m
Recap - judge not happy with defense counsel might find another atty for #Bashara which could push back March trial date @FOX2News

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 39m
I need to find out who I'm going to have on this case defenders office need to do a better job or I will remove them from the case #Bashara

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 41m
Judge sets court date Jan 23 wants schedule of how defense will assist #Bashara - she is denying computer - if we have to move case we will

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 44m
Judge says she might look outside Wayne County for attorneys for #Bashara - "this is mr. Bashara's life"

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 45m
Judge says I appreciate that but #Bashara has to have effective counsel and opportunity to defend himself against these charges

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 46m
Judge says she's looking at this again in ten days. Pros is worried it would take anybody else months to get up to speed #Bashara

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 47m
Judge says defender's office not giving #Bashara the representation he needs - doesn't have the resources - she might remove them #Bashara

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 48m
Judge says she might have to consider removing the defense attorney from the case #Bashara

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 49m
#Bashara says he met with his attorney once since last court date and he was given the transcript from the prelim

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 50m
Pros Lindsey says she will give defense a list of phone calls for them to focus on in the next two weeks #Bashara

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 51m
Pros says there are jail calls and video more than 100 hours Lisa Lindsey says #Bashara is "quite loquacious - he talks and talks and talks"

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 53m
Defense says there are also numerous audio files hours and hours and hours. Defense doesn't have time to sit with #Bashara to review that

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 55m
Pros says the computer must be checked - defense says we can remove the modem. Pros - just print the materials #Bashara

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 56m
Defense attorney says they have a laptop with the discovery downloaded #Bashara

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 57m
#Bashara needs greater visitation to review discovery on the case

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 57m
Judge says we need to move this along - budget cuts for sheriff dept - can't monitor anything -defense at disadvantage -

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 58m
Judge Evans says there are budgetary constraints - defense can't afford to make everything read only and jail can't monitor it #Bashara

Amy Lange ‏@langeamyFOX2 1h
It's ironic to court - prosecutors want to have their cake and eat it too #Bashara

Judge says this is not a normal case - BDSM lifestyle is irrelevant - this is about a murder

Prosecutor says he should be treated like every other prisoner in the jail and he could use reading glasses #Bashara

Prosecutor says there is no was to police this - judge reprimands #Bashara for reacting to prosecutor

Prosecutors object to giving him a computer due to his previous actions uses internet for BDSM lifestyle and contacting witnesses #Bashara

Wayne co jail computer area has been shut down due to budget cuts #Bashara

#Bashara in court - should he have access to a computer? pic.twitter.com/jpYFL3n3fS

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Judge questions effectiveness of Bob Bashara's legal counsel

5:01 PM, January 9, 2014

Snipped:
-----
The judge assigned to Bob Bashara’s case said she is not satisfied with how it is moving forward during a hearing today and said she may appoint a new defense attorney to the case.

“This is Mr. Bashara’s life,” Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Vonda Evans said. “And he needs somebody to be able to represent him that’s going to be able to give the time and dedication, and right now I don’t know if the defender’s office is in position to do that.”
-----

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/article/20140109/NEWS02/301090064/Bashara-hearing-laptop

chewet

chewet

Thank you, CP!!! THANK YOU!!!

flower flower flower 

(BTW: Did you happen to notice when Judge Evans asked Bashara for that "list of attorneys," he immediately bent his head and began that disgusting serpentine lip-licking he's already been called out on? FREAK!!)

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

chewet wrote:Thank you, CP!!! THANK YOU!!!

flower flower flower 

(BTW: Did you happen to notice when Judge Evans asked Bashara for that "list of attorneys," he immediately bent his head and began that disgusting serpentine lip-licking he's already been called out on? FREAK!!)

You're welcome, Chewet!

I DID notice that!  Ewwww!

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Former Bashara handyman gets in trouble in prison - over horseshoes

9:31 PM, January 15, 2014

Snipped:
-----
Joseph Gentz, who is serving prison time in the killing of a Grosse Pointe Park woman, was accused of threatening behavior and disobeying an order in prison, according to the Michigan Department of Corrections.
-----

It's a short article, so not copying more because I don't want to violate copyright laws.

Read the details here:  http://www.freep.com/article/20140115/NEWS02/301150158/Gentz-Bashara-horseshoes

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Bob Bashara Hearing at 11 am Eastern time this morning.  Here's the live streaming link:

http://www.freep.com/livestream/article/20140123/NEWS05/140122011/bob-bashara-hearing

ETA: Eastern time

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added "Eastern time")

199Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 4 Empty Jan 23 Pre-trial Hearing Thu 23 Jan 2014, 11:14 am

chewet

chewet

Thanks for the link, CP! I see the Creep is live blogging again too...

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

chewet wrote:Thanks for the link, CP! I see the Creep is live blogging again too...

You're welcome, chewet!  Where do you see the live blogging?  How is that even possible?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum