Justice For Jane

A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 16]

101 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 12:55 pm

kittygirl wrote:My eyes hurt from rolling them already.  

Interesting note: the Blob decided based on his anger/revenge that once JG was convicted he should have him killed then.... I would think once JG confessed to it might be a more convenient and relevant time to have him killed based on anger/revenge. the defenses explanation makes no sense ("use your common sense").

View user profile

102 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 12:55 pm

Interesting that there was no mention of witness intimidation in the Defense's opening statement.

103 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 12:58 pm

migraine wrote:That was a very predictable opening statement by the defense.

1) The investigators did not go where the evidence led them- rather the evidence went were the investigators led it.

2)  Bashara tried to hire a hit on Gentz because he was the confessed killer of his wife vomit8

3)  Witness credibility.

4) No pre-meditation or conspiracy.  This was an impulse killing by Joe.

5) Heavy handed prosecution with a lot of POWER on their side.  Power is not guilt.

YAWN

Thanks for the summary. Couldn't bring myself to listen. Definitely listened to Lisa's opening though!

View user profile

104 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 2:02 pm

I too though Diallo's opening was predictable --- and also weak.   She didn't offer any motive for Gentz to kill Jane, why he was at their house, why did he bother to remove her body to stage a car-jacking. She offered no alternate story re recruiting someone to beat up the mystery "tenant."  She did nothing to shoot down the theory that he was hellbent to be with Gillett and couldn't afford to loose money/status from a divorce as his motive for killing Jane.  She didn't cite any reason for lying about and hiding the gun, for intimidating multiple witnesses or for obstructing justice.  A little surprised --- but delighted --- that she didn't try to position him with the tired meme of his being a dedicated community doing-good leader, something delusional BB probably still thinks is his get out of jail free card.

Given the weight of the evidence, if the jury does the main thing Diallo offered --- use your commonsense and keep an open mind --- imo they are much more likely to convict than not.

I'm wondering if neither Gentz nor BB takes the stand, how is the defense going to explain why Gentz killed Jane, especially Bashara's lame explanation as revenge for being mad at Bob?  Or explain why he gave supposedly homicidally-mad Gentz $800 two days after Jane's death?

Overall, the defense seems not to have many arrows in its quiver >>>  JUSTICE FOR JANE!

W.H. Auden
View user profile

105 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 2:18 pm

To anyone following live blogs, who do you feel is giving the most/best updates? So far, of the few I've checked, it seems that @GeorgeHunter_DN is.

View user profile

106 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 2:54 pm

AnalyzeThis wrote:To anyone following live blogs, who do you feel is giving the most/best updates?  So far, of the few I've checked, it seems that @GeorgeHunter_DN is.

I like Amy Lange on Fox 2... She updates more often and gives more information.

View user profile

107 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:04 pm

Bricktop wrote:
AnalyzeThis wrote:To anyone following live blogs, who do you feel is giving the most/best updates?  So far, of the few I've checked, it seems that @GeorgeHunter_DN is.

I like Amy Lange on Fox 2...   She updates more often and gives more information.

Thanks. I watched her blog during the jury selection, but it wasn't up first thing this morning.  I've got it now.

For anyone interested, three who are doing regular updates:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26775123/bashara-case-officially-starts-as-attorneys-present-opening-statements

http://live.freep.com/Event/Live_Blog_Opening_statements_in_Bob_Bashara_murder_trial

https://twitter.com/GeorgeHunter_DN

View user profile

108 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:07 pm

Interesting that, within two weeks of Jane's murder, while police are executing a search warrant on his home, poor innocent, grieving Blob is worried about JG's utilities being in his name.

View user profile

109 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:13 pm

AnalyzeThis wrote:Interesting that, within two weeks of Jane's murder, while police are executing a search warrant on his home, poor innocent, grieving Blob is worried about JG's utilities being in his name.

No kidding! And running a check to Joe at work (Achatz Burger) within two days of her murder. He was a busy, busy guy trying, in vain, to cover his tracks.

View user profile

110 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:18 pm

Hmmm i wonder if Sir Patrick is who I think he is...hmmmmm

Team Justice I love you
View user profile

111 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:21 pm

kittygirl wrote:Hmmm i wonder if Sir Patrick is who I think he is...hmmmmm

Did you see his picture here:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26775123/bashara-case-officially-starts-as-attorneys-present-opening-statements

View user profile

112 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:24 pm

AnalyzeThis wrote:

I saw it on George Hunter's twitter feed. Looking through this guy's pics now to see if it was the same guy.

I think it is. He used to own a BDSM/swing club that went under. LOTS of drama involved in that. I was never there but heard about it.

Team Justice I love you
View user profile

113 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:25 pm

AnalyzeThis wrote:

http://live.freep.com/Event/Live_Blog_Opening_statements_in_Bob_Bashara_murder_trial

https://twitter.com/GeorgeHunter_DN

Thanks so much for the links, for some reason the blogs can be hard to find on the stations' website.

Not following Hunter until now, but both Amy Lange at Fox and Gina Damron at FreeP are good, except the FreeP site includes some posts from non-reporters (people viewing site) which can get annoying. Amy does give a little more detail than Gina, but not by much.

W.H. Auden
View user profile

114 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:31 pm

Bricktop wrote:
AnalyzeThis wrote:Interesting that, within two weeks of Jane's murder, while police are executing a search warrant on his home, poor innocent, grieving Blob is worried about JG's utilities being in his name.

No kidding!  And running a check to Joe at work (Achatz Burger) within two days of her murder.  He was a busy, busy guy trying, in vain, to cover his tracks.  

Sorry, I guess Joe Gentz was working at Steve's Furniture at that time.

View user profile

115 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:33 pm

I follow George Hunter on Twitter which makes it easy to keep up with the trial on the go---am adding Amy and Gina.  My twitter app lets me follow the trial everywhere!

Here is a Live Blog recap of the opening statements and first day of testimony for anyone that missed it:

Bashara Murder Trial Recap day 1

Last edited by meandmyshadow on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding recap link)

View user profile

116 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:03 pm

kittygirl wrote:
AnalyzeThis wrote:

I saw it on George Hunter's twitter feed.  Looking through this guy's pics now to see if it was the same guy.

I think it is.  He used to own a BDSM/swing club that went under.  LOTS of drama involved in that.  I was never there but heard about it.

Thinking waaaaaay back...didn't BB promise him some money for expansion of the place & after the work was done, reneged on his offer? Good ol' Honest Bob! Also loved the way he always capitalized Me and My/Mine etc. in the texts he sent to RG shown on the courtroom video screen. A legend in his own mind.

View user profile

117 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:06 pm

Bricktop wrote:
Bricktop wrote:

No kidding!  And running a check to Joe at work (Achatz Burger) within two days of her murder.  He was a busy, busy guy trying, in vain, to cover his tracks.  

I think BB took the check to the St. Vincent de Paul resale shop where Gentz either worked a little or volunteered.

Half a day of testimony and already there are so many really dumb things Blob did to implicate himself.  It takes a special kind of idiot to put his hitman's utilities under his own name --- and then to create an attention-grabbing scene to highlight that fact after the guy is arrested!

Shocked

W.H. Auden
View user profile

118 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:07 pm

AnalyzeThis wrote:
chewet wrote:Hi Kitty, Ells & Analyze!

Hi!  Any ideas why it's so quiet here?  Seems like even a lot of the regulars aren't around.

I was stuck at work all day, but eager to check in and catch up here.

119 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:10 pm

EllsBells wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
Bricktop wrote:

I think BB took the check to the St. Vincent de Paul resale shop where Gentz either worked a little or volunteered.

Half a day of testimony and already there are so many really dumb things Blob did to implicate himself.  It takes a special kind of idiot to put his hitman's utilities under his own name --- and then to create an attention-grabbing scene to highlight that fact after the guy is arrested!

Shocked

BigB took the check to Joe Gentz at St.Vincent's on Kercheval.
The 'Steve's Furniture' connection was related to BigB trying to put a hit on Joe Gentz
Smile

120 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:19 pm

GPPGRL wrote:
kittygirl wrote:
AnalyzeThis wrote:

I saw it on George Hunter's twitter feed.  Looking through this guy's pics now to see if it was the same guy.

I think it is.  He used to own a BDSM/swing club that went under.  LOTS of drama involved in that.  I was never there but heard about it.

Thinking waaaaaay back...didn't BB promise him some money for expansion of the place & after the work was done, reneged on his offer? Good ol' Honest Bob! Also loved the way he always capitalized Me and My/Mine etc. in the texts he sent to RG shown on the courtroom video screen. A legend in his own mind.

OH OH OH OH OH

I just found this

"The Saga
Almost 2 and 1/2 yrs ago, I started building the A2. I had an investor that said he would help. I told him that I had the money for everything above the concrete, I didn't have the money for the concrete. He said that he would cover the concrete and I could pay him back weekly. So, I went forward, ordered the concrete, and put the floor in. The investor hit unexpected troubles and backed out. I had to cover the checks for the concrete, so I went to the concrete company and worked out a deal with them. In order to meet their terms for payment, I had to let my mortgage go and pay off the concrete."

I wonder who this investor could be?

Team Justice I love you
View user profile

121 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:22 pm

Kitty! I remember this!  Where did you dig it up??

Last edited by migraine on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

View user profile

122 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:24 pm

migraine wrote:Kitty! I remember this!  Where did you dig it up??

fetlife...

Team Justice I love you
View user profile

123 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:26 pm

ohwow1 wrote:
AnalyzeThis wrote:
chewet wrote:Hi Kitty, Ells & Analyze!

Hi!  Any ideas why it's so quiet here?  Seems like even a lot of the regulars aren't around.

I was stuck at work all day, but eager to check in and catch up here.

Here is a good recap:  http://justice4jane.forumotion.com/t64p100-trial-justice-for-jane#8263

124 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:26 pm

EllsBells wrote:

Shocked

Yes, that and the jury has already seen the tape of Blob's confession to "foolishly and regrettably" trying to hire a hit on Joe Gentz.

View user profile

125 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:27 pm

just found this gem!

"A shout out to Master Bob and his slave. Miss seeing you guys recently."

Team Justice I love you
View user profile

126 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:29 pm

kittygirl wrote:just found this gem!

"A shout out to Master Bob and his slave.  Miss seeing you guys recently."

Gah! What Fetlife account, I neeeed to peeeeek!

127 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:30 pm

The A2 Reformatory Group

It was kinda isolated...like maybe someone who had had an account had something and then it was removed. In one of the threads about changes to the Reformatory.

Team Justice I love you
View user profile

128 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:31 pm

kittygirl wrote:
migraine wrote:Kitty! I remember this!  Where did you dig it up??

fetlife...

I remember this was a big topic of discussion, and even remember the verbiage! Was this perhaps back in the Hinky Meter days?

129 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:32 pm

"Lindsey said Bashara admitted to someone that he had his wife killed."

http://live.freep.com/Event/Live_Blog_Opening_statements_in_Bob_Bashara_murder_trial?Page=1

I missed this in the opening. Who did he admit it to?

View user profile

130 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:32 pm

kittygirl wrote:

The A2 Reformatory Group

It was kinda isolated...like maybe someone who had had an account had something and then it was removed.  In one of the threads about changes to the Reformatory.

Is there a date for this shout out? Yuck! Evil or Very Mad

131 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:33 pm

AnalyzeThis wrote:"Lindsey said Bashara admitted to someone that he had his wife killed."

http://live.freep.com/Event/Live_Blog_Opening_statements_in_Bob_Bashara_murder_trial?Page=1

I missed this in the opening.  Who did he admit it to?

Paul Munro - he was Blob's drug dealer, if I remember correctly, and they had this discussion at a gas station in Paul's car (not sure about who's vehicle). Bob was very stressed and trusted Paul because he "had stuff on him" i.e., deals him drugs.

Last edited by migraine on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expanding on comment)

132 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 4:39 pm

migraine wrote:
AnalyzeThis wrote:"Lindsey said Bashara admitted to someone that he had his wife killed."

I missed this in the opening.  Who did he admit it to?

Paul Munro - he was Blob's drug dealer, if I remember correctly, and they had this discussion at a gas station in Paul's car (not sure about who's vehicle).  Bob was very stressed and trusted Paul because he "had stuff on him" i.e., deals him drugs.

Thanks, Migraine! And Kitty, those are gems you found - thanks for posting them.

It's raelly good to see so many old posters back.

View user profile

133 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 5:31 pm

kittygirl wrote:

The A2 Reformatory Group

It was kinda isolated...like maybe someone who had had an account had something and then it was removed.  In one of the threads about changes to the Reformatory.

I just blew through SirPatrick's pictures--there are a ton of old ones from the Reformatory-- hoping I might find one of BigB. I'm sure he though to remove them, if they existed, when all this began. Colorful scene, nonetheless.

134 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 5:51 pm

migraine wrote:

Paul Munro - he was Blob's drug dealer, if I remember correctly, and they had this discussion at a gas station in Paul's car (not sure about who's vehicle).  Bob was very stressed and trusted Paul because he "had stuff on him" i.e., deals him drugs.

If I remember correctly from the prelim hearing, they were doing cocaine in the car at the time of this confession, which might explain why Blob's defenses were down. Wonder if confessing when high to someone who is high will affect the credibility of this admission ...

W.H. Auden
View user profile

135 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 6:12 pm

EllsBells wrote:
migraine wrote:

If I remember correctly from the prelim hearing, they were doing cocaine in the car at the time of this confession, which might explain why Blob's defenses were down.   Wonder if confessing when high to someone who is high will affect the credibility of this admission ...

Definitely a tricky question, because if cocaine use was to be considered accepted as grounds to 'cloud judgement' when it comes to making statements, it's also probably acceptable as grounds to 'cloud judgement' when it comes to recalling statements.
Then again, not all dealers get high on their own supply. He could have just been selling.

136 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 8:30 pm

Bob Bashara - Hearing Before Trial

Published on Oct 14, 2014

Source:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc2ISvdvEX8

Bob Bashara Trial - Jury Instructions

Source:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8_TQkziyUA

Bob Bashara Trial - Prosecution Opening Statements

Source:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Jk-G7-ygA

Bob Bashara Trial - Defense Opening Statements

Source:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFJrePhkbJY

View user profile

137 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 9:36 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Bob Bashara - Hearing Before Trial

Published on Oct 14, 2014

Source:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc2ISvdvEX8

Bob Bashara Trial - Jury Instructions

Source:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8_TQkziyUA

Bob Bashara Trial - Prosecution Opening Statements

Source:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Jk-G7-ygA

Bob Bashara Trial - Defense Opening Statements

Source:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFJrePhkbJY

Thanks, Curious, for all the work to upload the day's entire live stream, helps to keep everybody up to speed.

Btw, has anyone heard the composition of the jury other than 11 men and 5 women --- such as age, race, and occupation --- facts that are often disclosed in trials?  This question was tweeted a few times over the last few days to reporters, but no answers forthcoming.

Also, does any J4Jer know a trial lawyer who might join our forum to post on some of the legal questions that we invariably have? Last year there was an attorney who posted as an assist, but (s)he has apparently left the scene.  Otherwise, it's the almost blind leading the almost blind.

What a Face

W.H. Auden
View user profile

138 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 9:42 am

Can anyone give link to live blog, can't find a single one!  Thanks

P.S. Just got it, amy lange's just came up

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26791206/follow-live-day-two-of-bob-bashara-murder-trial

W.H. Auden
View user profile

139 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:03 am

EllsBells wrote:Can anyone give link to live blog, can't find a single one!  Thanks

P.S. Just got it, amy lange's just came up

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26791206/follow-live-day-two-of-bob-bashara-murder-trial

I like @georgehunter_dn on Twitter.

View user profile

140 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:30 am

Here is the link to Gina at Freep.com Freep live blog Day 2

View user profile

141 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:49 am

From @GeorgeHunter_DN: "Judge called 15-minute break. All rose for (sic) jury except one woman. Bob stared at her for several seconds. If I had to guess, he knows her."

142 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:52 am

meandmyshadow wrote:Here is the link to Gina at Freep.com Freep live blog Day 2

Some people getting confused with Sir Rick and Sir Patrick.They are two different individuals, correct ?

Robert Godard = Sir Patrick
Richard ???? = Sir Rick

View user profile

143 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:58 am

Court started at 9:45 and at 10:30 it takes a 15 minute break ... it's going to be a long trial.

Think it helps to open if possible three windows and read each of Amy, Gina and George's blogs as they give slightly different content. Gina's is less specific, misses key things (like church fight happened 2 days before death) and gets sidetracked answering viewers questions, but still is okay. Amy is detailed, more frequent comments but sometimes can't tell what is her giving her own knowledge vs. what is testimony and cuts out early to do broadcasts. George paints the best picture of evidence with lots of detail, comments on court interaction (some humorous between judge & jury, BB's actions), but posts less frequently.

Fifteen minute break almost a half hour now ...

W.H. Auden
View user profile

144 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 11:06 am

smallal wrote:

Some people getting confused with Sir Rick and Sir Patrick.They are two different individuals, correct ?

Richard ???? = Sir Rick

Smallal, Sir Rick, if I recall from the prelim hearing, is that heavy-breathing Falcinelli creep who will be testifying for the prosecution under duress....

145 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 11:20 am

Too funny:

Judge: Is there a difference between Sir and Master?
Webb: I'm the master of nobody; I just wanted a little respect because I threw the party

Webb: You have to earn your leathers.  As with any community, you gain respect from your actions.

Judge: Is it like karate, where you start out as a white belt and earn your way up?
Answer: No.

(excerpt from George Hunter tweet)

Oh no, confusion will reign --- two Sir Patrick's (Robert Godard, Patrick Webb) in this trial. It gets odder and odder geek

Smile

Last edited by EllsBells on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

W.H. Auden
View user profile

146 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:55 pm

"Amy Lange: It appears that all of this testimony (BDSM) gave one of the jurors a laughing fit. Everybody has been sent to lunch...."
THIS gave me a laughing fit!

View user profile

147 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 1:21 pm

GPPGRL wrote:

"Amy Lange: It appears that all of this testimony (BDSM) gave one of the jurors a laughing fit. Everybody has been sent to lunch...."
THIS gave me a laughing fit!

I laughed out loud at the office -- I'm sure people think I've lost my mind.

View user profile

148 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 2:33 pm

Ba Da Da Dum......Rachel taking the stand

View user profile

149 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 2:36 pm

chewet wrote:
smallal wrote:

Richard ???? = Sir Rick

Smallal, Sir Rick, if I recall from the prelim hearing, is that heavy-breathing Falcinelli creep who will be testifying for the prosecution under duress....

Rachel Gillette being called already. Is anyone understanding the logic of the sequence in which witnesses are called ? The garage photos, did they show an amount of boxes( remember,JG said Jane came into the garage yelling at BB about some damned boxes). And will they have a witness or photos of after the garage was cleaned by Mom ?

View user profile

150 Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 3:11 pm

As Rachel testifies -so much the "victim" all I can hear is Sir Patrick testifying that all the power lies with the SUBMISSIVE!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum