Justice For Jane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Justice For Jane

A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

Latest topics

» Bob Bashara Sentencing and the fate of Joe Gentz
by CuriousPortlander Fri 15 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

» TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!
by Justice4Jane Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

» Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial
by Justice4Jane Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

» Just for Chat
by Freckles Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

» Bashara Murder Charges: 1st Degree, 1st Degree Conspiracy & Solicitation + Perjury, Witness Intimidation & Obstruction of Justice
by meandmyshadow Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

» Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges
by Justice4Jane Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:11 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial

+21
ohwow1
TheEditor
WildChild
GPPGRL
CuriousPortlander
justanopinion
smallal
loc
Bricktop
Glorybee
Fifteen30
silver1
Laker
EllsBells
kittygirl
chewet
family4ever
TheEndIsNear
meandmyshadow
AnalyzeThis
Justice4Jane
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

TRIAL SET TO BEGIN OCTOBER 6th!!

At least 12 Motions!  

Phone calls between Joe and Bob--allowed!

Insulin discussions Bob had with witness--as related to the obstruction of justice--Judge Vonda Evans not wanting to allow --Shatz(?) tesitmony--arguments being heard.  Vergona, Shatz and one other witness were solicited for insulin by Bob Bashara---Judge arguing that this isn't relevant to the case.  NOT allowed!

evidence about Bashara intimidating, wanting to eliminate other witnesses--allowed!

Cardonna- S&M act witnessed by him--specifically breath play which relates to cause and manner of death--NOT allowed

Admission of BDSM lifestyle as evidence of marital discord-and extramarital affairs IS allowed  Judge says Bob's self reference as "Master Bob" and feeling empowered to order people to do things for him IS RELEVANT

State of mind of Jane Bashara- statements to her brother re:  financial problems, etc--will not be calling the brother as a witness.  Sandra Ennis, emails, and a sexually "explicit" text to Blob discovered by Bob's daughter-- allowing Sandra Ennis and emails- holding decision of sexually explicit text text

Judge is allowing a journal entry by Jane to the effect "I can't trust what (Bob) says. He manipulated me into marriage..I'm sick of his manipulation"

Statements regarding State of mind of Joe Gentz in December/January 2011/2012 -- Allowed

David Griem statements/Christine Utley statements--NOT allowed  Prosecution arguing that she can produce witnesses that validate Bashara approved statements--Judge changed to will hold on that judgement

Brewster statements--allowed

Evidence of cocaine use--relates to why defendant is comfortable talking to Paul Munro and to credibility of Paul Munro.  Another witness, member of Lochmoor club, corroborates cocaine use by Bob to give credibility to Paul Munro--Remember that Munro testified that Bashara admitted killing his wife through Gentz---Allowed!

Judge is allowing testimony re: firearm for impeachment purposes....no charge of felony firearm. #BobBashara

vomit2 vomit2 vomit2 vomit2  https://twitter.com/ismynightlife : "This fucking dirt ball is laughing #BobBashara scumbag"

Griem, Krieger, et all:  order will be fashioned for outstanding discovery to be turned over.  Order will be served no later than September 12.  Responses by September 24.

LOOOONG Sidebar now with all Attorneys. This appears to conclude the pre-trial motions.

Hope this summary helps keep us all informed!!!! XOXOXO

Let's dust off those J4J signs, folks, and get them in our lawns again!

Judge Evans is back and she is addressing Blob DIRECTLY and is encouraging- URGING- him to consider a plea by September 24th.................

Last edited by meandmyshadow on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : corrected the italicized content above)

253Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 6 Empty Small correction Mon 08 Sep 2014, 8:26 pm

family4ever

family4ever

BBM

State of mind of Jane Bashara- statements to her brother re:  financial problems, etc--will not be calling the brother as a witness.  Sandra Ennis, emails, and a text message to Julie (Jane's sister)-- allowing Sandra Ennis and emails- holding decision of Julie text

The text was not from Jane's sister - it was a text to blob from some sex sicko that his daughter found. When she confronted him with the text, he looked at it, deleted it, then looked at his daughter and said "what text?" (pig). pig

Anyway - overall a good day for Jane's family.

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

family4ever wrote:BBM

State of mind of Jane Bashara- statements to her brother re:  financial problems, etc--will not be calling the brother as a witness.  Sandra Ennis, emails, and a text message to Julie (Jane's sister)-- allowing Sandra Ennis and emails- holding decision of Julie text

The text was not from Jane's sister - it was a text to blob from some sex sicko that his daughter found. When she confronted him with the text, he looked at it, deleted it, then looked at his daughter and said "what text?" (pig). pig

Anyway - overall a good day for Jane's family.

thank you for clearing that up! I will edit that post- It was a bit hard to follow the live stream at times! He is a pig- and laughing during the hearing! Sick! And I agree it was a good day for Jane's family- I almost cried when the judge initially ruled that the felony firearms charge was not allowed...but Lindsay stuck to her guns and the judge agreed to allow the testimony for firearms for impeachment purposes....hooray!

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

@meandmyshadow
 -- Thank you so much for your detailed notes.  Much more than I found in any published article.  Much appreciated!

AnalyzeThis

CuriousPortlander wrote:
@meandmyshadow
 -- Thank you so much for your detailed notes.  Much more than I found in any published article.  Much appreciated!

Yes, thank you!

Bricktop

Bricktop

Meandmyshadow, what was the twitter you added in that post?  And can anyone explain the plea deal they're talking about?!

Last edited by Bricktop on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Took out the quoted post, because I don't know how to do it right. :/)

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Bricktop wrote:Meandmyshadow, what was the twitter you added in that post?  And can anyone explain the plea deal they're talking about?!

Oh, the twitter was just a quote by one of the reporters present in the courtroom stating that Blob was laughing at the attorneys arguing. I was watching the livestream and following a twitterfeed at the same time so getting my info from both sources.

And as far as the plea deal- all attorneys conferred with Judge Evans in chambers at the end of the hearing. When they returned Judge Evans admonished Blob to consider what his attorneys told him relating to "possible resolution" to this case by September 24th. She told him to listen not as for himself. but rather as he would listen to the same advice being given to his "best friend". Basically, what would you tell your friend to do? I think trying to convince him to be objective?

Bricktop

Bricktop

meandmyshadow wrote:
Bricktop wrote:Meandmyshadow, what was the twitter you added in that post?  And can anyone explain the plea deal they're talking about?!

Oh, the twitter was just a quote by one of the reporters present in the courtroom stating that Blob was laughing at the attorneys arguing. I was watching the livestream and following a twitterfeed at the same time so getting my info from both sources.

And as far as the plea deal- all attorneys conferred with Judge Evans in chambers at the end of the hearing.  When they returned Judge Evans admonished Blob to consider what his attorneys told him relating to "possible resolution" to this case by September 24th.  She told him to listen not as for himself. but rather as he would listen to the same advice being given to his "best friend".  Basically, what would you tell your friend to do?  I think trying to convince him to be objective?

What kind of a plea deal, do you know? I can't even imagine the judge offering him a plea?!

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Bricktop- I have no idea what kind of a plea deal.  All the judge said was there might be the possibility that there could be a "resolution" to this case by September 24th, and that he should really pay attention to what his attorneys explained to him.

While admonishing him to really listen she did reference the MOUNDS of evidence against him I assume as a means of making him realize that his options are very limited, and that he might be best served to pay close attention....

I truly think she was trying to convey to him that going to trial was certainly NOT in his best interest

Bricktop

Bricktop

meandmyshadow wrote:Bricktop- I have no idea what kind of a plea deal.  All the judge said was there might be the possibility that there could be a "resolution" to this case by September 24th, and that he should really pay attention to what his attorneys explained to him.

While admonishing him to really listen she did reference the MOUNDS of evidence against him I assume as a means of making him realize that his options are very limited, and that he might be best served to pay close attention....

I truly think she was trying to convey to him that going to trial was certainly NOT in his best interest

Interesting. Thanks for clarifying. I would love to hear Lisa Linday's take on this!

262Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 6 Empty Justice for Jane!! Tue 16 Sep 2014, 9:56 am

chewet

chewet

AnalyzeThis wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:
@meandmyshadow

Yes, thank you!

Kudos, indeed, Shadow! Thank you!!!

As for this plea? Shocked
meandmyshadow wrote:Bricktop- I have no idea what kind of a plea deal.  All the judge said was there might be the possibility that there could be a "resolution" to this case by September 24th, and that he should really pay attention to what his attorneys explained to him.

BBM. Oh, so bummed to have missed this-- thankful you captured it! Thank God the wheels of justice are turning. All will be well. All will be well.

My only thought re that monster, however, is that he craves attention so much he may very well go through with trial just because he knows it is on the State's dime and he's got nothing else to lose?

Pray for a plea next Monday!

Either way, Justice is on its way. flower

263Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 6 Empty Pre-trial Hearing 9/24 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:43 am

chewet

chewet

No plea offered by prosecutors. Judge noted Bashara wouldn't have taken it anyway. Lindsey stated the prosecution is ready to go to trial and is not prepared to offer any sort of plea. She then pointed out the defense is filing last minute, haphazard motions-- past the court-appointed filing date, including, as of this morning, a hand-written witness list one attorney "apologized" he had not had typed, nor filed appropriately, as he handed it to the judge... SMH Shocked

Judge Evans politely admonished Team Bashara for this disorganization, pointing out trial is in less than two weeks.

Sets one last pre-trial conference for Oct 3, and reminds them all jury selection begins Monday, Oct 6.

My thoughts are with Jane's family and friends. Cannot imagine having to go through this horrid drawn-out nastiness.

264Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 6 Empty WHAT? Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:22 am

family4ever

family4ever

No live streaming during the trial??? Mad

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

family4ever wrote:No live streaming during the trial??? Mad

What??? Is this true??? confused affraid

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Looks like we will need to start a new thread!!! Do we still have J4J signs and bracelets/car magnets??? I think we do!! We should try to get those out there--even if we give them away!!

267Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 6 Empty Sad but true Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:31 am

family4ever

family4ever

meandmyshadow wrote:
family4ever wrote:No live streaming during the trial??? Mad

What??? Is this true??? confused affraid

Yes. George Hunter from Detroit News posted a picture of an order Judge Evans gave the media this morning. I don't know how to post it here.

Here is the link to the twitter feed on the website:
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2014/09/24/resolution-discussed-basharas-murder-case/16144381/

Hmmm - the link takes you to the story, not the tweet. Idk.

Last edited by family4ever on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more info)

268Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 6 Empty Does this work? Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:33 am

family4ever

family4ever

chewet

chewet

OMG! WTH????

chewet

chewet

[quote:32

chewet

chewet

Family-- go look at @langeamyFOX2! Apparently Fox2 challenged Judge Evans on this ruling re no live stream and she has reconsidered!! cheers

@langeamyFOX2 tweeted:

Trial October 6 and Judge says she will reconsider and allow the livestream #bobbashara @FOX2News

9/24/14 10:37 a.m.

@courtchatter @FOX2News she says she will consider our request and likely allow it

9/24/14 11:17 a.m.

family4ever

family4ever

chewet wrote:

Family-- go look at @langeamyFOX2! Apparently Fox2 challenged Judge Evans on this ruling re no live stream and she has reconsidered!! cheers

@langeamyFOX2 tweeted:

Trial October 6 and Judge says she will reconsider and allow the livestream #bobbashara @FOX2News

9/24/14 10:37 a.m.

@courtchatter @FOX2News she says she will consider our request and likely allow it

9/24/14 11:17 a.m.

Evidently she changed her mind - THANK GOD!

273Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 6 Empty Plea Deal ? Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:02 pm

smallal

smallal

Is everyone sure Judge Evans was conveying to Blob that he should consider a plea deal when there was not one offered ? Personally I am glad they did not offer one because that would mean he's pleading to a lesser charge with a lesser punishment. This man should never see the light of day again and am not so sure that would happen by pleading out. The prosecution obviously believes that they have enough evidence to prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty. I think Judge Evans was telling him to consider changing his plea to "guilty". Saving the state some dollars and the family additional grief. Juries can be tricky as we have noticed in some recent examples. IMO, the key to convicting Blob is the ability to place him in the garage with Gentz at the time of the murder. In order to do that IMO they need to rely on Gentz testimony which is risky. Although he may turn out to be an excellent witness, his history presents problems for the prosecution. I certainly hope that "mound of evidence" contains some testimony or proof that Blob was in the garage with Gentz at the time of the murder. Remember juries can get lost in too much testimony and sometimes just want the prosecution to prove he was there. You do remember OJ trial . In the face of overwhelming evidence juries still want a simple fact... prove he was there. I can see a difficulty considering what I know about the evidence but hope I am wrong. The prosecution is always posturing as if they have enough evidence to scare the defendant, I am just praying they have something to back it up.

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Judge Evans never said what the "possible resolution to this case by September 24" meant specifically so it left those of us watching the livestream and the reporters present in the courtroom to draw our own conclusions.  She did try very hard to impress on him to listen to the information objectively as if he were to be advising "his best friend" instead of himself.  So you could be right about the changing his plea to "guilty"- who knows.  That makes sense too.  Totally not something Bob would ever consider anyway, IMO.  Sigh- Hope the judge changes her mind about livestream for the trial.

Last edited by meandmyshadow on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

TheEndIsNear

TheEndIsNear

smallal wrote:Is everyone sure Judge Evans was conveying to Blob that he should consider a plea deal when there was not one offered ? Personally I am glad they did not offer one because that would mean he's pleading to a lesser charge with a lesser punishment. This man should never see the light of day again and am not so sure that would happen by pleading out. The prosecution obviously believes that they have enough evidence to prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty. I think Judge Evans was telling him to consider changing his plea to "guilty". Saving the state some dollars and the family additional grief. Juries can be tricky as we have noticed in some recent examples. IMO, the key to convicting Blob is the ability to place him in the garage with Gentz at the time of the murder. In order to do  that IMO they need to rely on Gentz testimony which is risky. Although he may turn out to be an excellent witness, his history presents problems for the prosecution. I certainly hope that "mound of evidence" contains some testimony or proof that Blob was in the garage with Gentz at the time of the murder. Remember juries can get lost in too much testimony and sometimes just want the prosecution to prove he was there. You do remember OJ trial . In the face of overwhelming evidence juries still want a simple fact... prove he was there. I can see a difficulty considering what I know about the evidence but hope I am wrong. The prosecution is always posturing as if they have enough evidence to scare the defendant, I am just praying they have something to back it up.

Keep in mind that OJ was a well known and highly regarded celebrity to millions of people before he became a murderer. BB doesn't have that going for him.
I think Judge Evans was suggesting he take a plea - to save money, time, grief, etc. - and to ensure against a nutty jury. But she forgot he is a delusional sociopath who has no idea what it is to have a best friend. Just like he had no idea how a grieving husband should have acted.

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

TheEndIsNear wrote:
smallal wrote:Is everyone sure Judge Evans was conveying to Blob that he should consider a plea deal when there was not one offered ? Personally I am glad they did not offer one because that would mean he's pleading to a lesser charge with a lesser punishment. This man should never see the light of day again and am not so sure that would happen by pleading out. The prosecution obviously believes that they have enough evidence to prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty. I think Judge Evans was telling him to consider changing his plea to "guilty". Saving the state some dollars and the family additional grief. Juries can be tricky as we have noticed in some recent examples. IMO, the key to convicting Blob is the ability to place him in the garage with Gentz at the time of the murder. In order to do  that IMO they need to rely on Gentz testimony which is risky. Although he may turn out to be an excellent witness, his history presents problems for the prosecution. I certainly hope that "mound of evidence" contains some testimony or proof that Blob was in the garage with Gentz at the time of the murder. Remember juries can get lost in too much testimony and sometimes just want the prosecution to prove he was there. You do remember OJ trial . In the face of overwhelming evidence juries still want a simple fact... prove he was there. I can see a difficulty considering what I know about the evidence but hope I am wrong. The prosecution is always posturing as if they have enough evidence to scare the defendant, I am just praying they have something to back it up.

Keep in mind that OJ was a well known and highly regarded celebrity to millions of people before he became a murderer. BB doesn't have that going for him.
I think Judge Evans was suggesting he take a plea - to save money, time, grief, etc. - and to ensure against a nutty jury. But she forgot he is a delusional sociopath who has no idea what it is to have a best friend. Just like he had no idea how a grieving husband should have acted.

Hear, Hear, End!!!! You are so right on! Judge Evans is assuming that he has a conscience.....He doesn't have any concept of the notion.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

277Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 6 Empty No Live stream? Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:01 am

TheEndIsNear

TheEndIsNear

Heard a rumor that the judge has changed her mind again - no live stream.

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

TheEndIsNear wrote:Heard a rumor that the judge has changed her mind again - no live stream.

Oh, no, say it isn't so!

Does anyone know what time the hearing is tomorrow?

Thanks in advance!

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:Heard a rumor that the judge has changed her mind again - no live stream.

Oh, no, say it isn't so!

Does anyone know what time the hearing is tomorrow?

Thanks in advance!

Never mind; I found it...

"After a final pretrial hearing at 9 a.m. Oct. 3, Bashara’s trial is slated to start at 9 a.m. Oct. 6."

http://www.candgnews.com/news/bashara-murder-trial-set-start-this-month

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  22m 22 minutes ago

Busy day in court today. Weekley case this morning; Bashara at 2 pm.

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

NOOOOOOO!

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replaced link)

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  3m 3 minutes ago

Judge Vonda Evans deciding whether defense can bring up to jury Joe Gentz' former offenses against women and children.

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  7m 7 minutes ago

Judge denied motion to have Gentz' competency results made available.

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 14s 15 seconds ago

Another matter: Judge will allow Big Bob to sit between his attorneys during the trial, so nobody overhears his discussion with lawyers

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2m 2 minutes ago

Defense not allowed to bring up Gentz's history until judge rules on its admissibility.

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

The Bashara trial will now start on Tuesday, Oct. 7.

Nothing was said about live streaming, so I don't know if it will happen or not.

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

FINAL PRETRIAL HEARING FOR BOB BASHARA 10/03/2014

Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5fkAJWOVjc

The note under the video says:  **NOTE** Bob Bashara's trial begins on October 7th, The judge has ruled that No Live Streaming is Allowed!**

AnalyzeThis

Thanks for the updates. Disappointing about the live stream, since we'll get filtered facts (at least on an immediate basis). At least he'll get as little personal attention as possible under the circumstances.

Thoughts and prayers will be with the family during this very difficult time.

chewet

chewet

AnalyzeThis wrote:Thanks for the updates.  Disappointing about the live stream, since we'll get filtered facts (at least on an immediate basis).  At least he'll get as little personal attention as possible under the circumstances.

Thoughts and prayers will be with the family during this very difficult time.

bbm

ITA Analyze that at least w/o the stream, the narcissistic sociopath will get even less attention.

Now let's pray the jury sees him the same way every other human has-- and holds him accountable!!

Prayers for Jane's family tonight.

EllsBells

EllsBells

Is any station live blogging? Guessing that the first few days will be seating the jury, perhaps not worth following carefully ....

Also can a moderator start a new thread/topic "Trial", now that Preliminary Hearings are finished?

290Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 6 Empty TRIAL Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:00 pm

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

EllsBells wrote:Is any station live blogging?  Guessing that the first few days will be seating the jury, perhaps not worth following carefully ....

Also can a moderator start a new thread/topic "Trial", now that Preliminary Hearings are finished?

Ells,

Fox2 Detroit is running a live blog here:

www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26722431/jury-selection-to-begin-for-trial-of-bob-bashara

Jurors were given questionnaires, and court recessed at 10:30 a.m. until 2:30 this afternoon. Actual voir dire will begin tomorrow.

https://justice4jane.forumotion.com

291Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial - Page 6 Empty Time to Lock up! Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

Time to lock up this thread and move on to TRIAL!

https://justice4jane.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum