Justice For Jane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Justice For Jane

A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

Latest topics

» Bob Bashara Sentencing and the fate of Joe Gentz
by CuriousPortlander Fri 15 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

» TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!
by Justice4Jane Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

» Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial
by Justice4Jane Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

» Just for Chat
by Freckles Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

» Bashara Murder Charges: 1st Degree, 1st Degree Conspiracy & Solicitation + Perjury, Witness Intimidation & Obstruction of Justice
by meandmyshadow Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

» Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges
by Justice4Jane Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:11 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jane's memory

+22
wonderingwhy
Frootloop
SunnyGirl
Perdamsl
txsage
chewet
Laker
jan_53
Justice4Jane
AuntKKel
Too Close for Comfort
J4J
starzinmyeyes2
GardenElf
Fifteen30
kittygirl
family4ever
Darkman
WildChild
Nieschk
stina
zeus
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Jane's memory Empty Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 6:40 pm

zeus

Those who live on Middlesex could tie ribbons around the trees just as we do with the soldiers who are missing.Those who know Jane what was her favorite color?

2Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 6:41 pm

stina

stina

Zeus, That is a wonderful idea!

3Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 7:08 pm

Nieschk

Nieschk

Wish I lived around there, I would help out.

4Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 7:34 pm

WildChild

WildChild

zeus wrote:Those who live on Middlesex could tie ribbons around the trees just as we do with the soldiers who are missing.Those who know Jane what was her favorite color?

Hello everyone. Newbie J4J lurker...occasional THM poster.

What about ribbons with the school colors of Grosse Pointe South?? IIRC that is the school that Jane devoted so much time to, right? Their school colors are navy blue/yellow. I think Navy Blue might be nice.

As a side note, my employer lives in GPP and we have talked about this case. My employer said that the ladies she gathers with, have talked amongst themselves about getting some sort of vigil planned in Jane's memory. I mention this because I believe there would be a BIG turnout since it has already been talked about in GPP. Of course, with local Hinky's/J4J peeps in attendance too. Just a thought.

5Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 7:43 pm

Darkman

Speaking about Jane's Grosse Pointe schools' devotion...

Source: Grosse Pointe News, October 15, 2009

Jane's memory Janeelectiongrossepoint

... or here is the entire article in JPG format: (click on Spoiler below to view)
Spoiler:

6Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 7:54 pm

WildChild wrote:
zeus wrote:Those who live on Middlesex could tie ribbons around the trees just as we do with the soldiers who are missing.Those who know Jane what was her favorite color?

What about ribbons with the school colors of Grosse Pointe South?? IIRC that is the school that Jane devoted so much time to, right? Their school colors are navy blue/yellow. I think Navy Blue might be nice.

As a side note, my employer lives in GPP and we have talked about this case. My employer said that the ladies she gathers with, have talked amongst themselves about getting some sort of vigil planned in Jane's memory. I mention this because I believe there would be a BIG turnout since it has already been talked about in GPP. Of course, with local Hinky's/J4J peeps in attendance too. Just a thought.
A large vigil on the parkway of Middlesex would most likely have to be approved by the city (get a permit), due to potential to disrupt traffic, emergency vehicle access, or people spilling into road. If the size is roughly known, it's a better idea to get a permit to close Middlesex for a few hours --- like getting a permit for a block party etc. If it's going to be very large and impossible to estimate the turnout, a street closing may not be allowed --- to hard to plan for traffic emergency, and homeowner access.

Might be better to try the High School again with grounds large enough to accommodate thousands.

First though, we need someone to volunteer to coordinate it, with others to help of course.

Idea

7Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 10:17 pm

family4ever

family4ever

June 22 is Jane's birthday. Not sure if anyone realized it was coming up soon. Just sayin...

8Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 10:19 pm

Darkman

9Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 11:12 pm

kittygirl

kittygirl

I wish I was closer to participate. It's such a beautiful idea.

10Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 11:14 pm

stina

stina

kittygirl wrote:I wish I was closer to participate. It's such a beautiful idea.

Maybe if we have it on a weekend you could make it? Sad

11Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 11:20 pm

kittygirl

kittygirl

stina wrote:
kittygirl wrote:I wish I was closer to participate. It's such a beautiful idea.

Maybe if we have it on a weekend you could make it? Sad
It's a few hours drive. I wish I could do more in terms of organization and things but I most definitely will try to make it no matter what day it's on.

And of course would like to attend the celebration party at Dylan's, too. Smile

12Jane's memory Empty Remembering Jane Thu 24 May 2012, 11:39 pm

Fifteen30

Hi -- It doesn't look like the message I just posted went through. So here it is again.

I like the idea of ribbons and a vigil for Jane. She would be so touched!

I thought you might like to know of an effort I am coordinating for a group of "Jane" friends. We are each planting Forget-Me-Not flowers for Jane in prominent (place of honor) locations in our gardens. I am also giving them to Jane's family.

It's too late this year, but for next year, I was thinking it might be neat to sell Forget-Me-Not flowers already potted in small pots as a fundraiser for the foundation the school set up in Jane's name. I think it would be neat to drive through the Pointes and see all the flowers and know they are for Jane--and that she is not forgotten.

13Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 11:46 pm

stina

stina

Fifteen30 wrote:Hi -- It doesn't look like the message I just posted went through. So here it is again.

I thought you might like to know of an effort I am coordinating for a group of "Jane" friends. We are each planting Forget-Me-Not flowers for Jane in prominent (place of honor) locations in our gardens. I am also giving them to Jane's family.

It's too late this year, but for next year, I was thinking it might be neat to sell Forget-Me-Not flowers already potted in small pots as a fundraiser for the foundation the school set up in Jane's name. I think it would be neat to drive through the Pointes and see all the flowers and know they are for Jane--and that she is not forgotten.

That is so touching...maybe our ribbons should be the color of forget-me-nots ???

14Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 11:48 pm

Fifteen30

DanStar wrote:
WildChild wrote:

A large vigil on the parkway of Middlesex would most likely have to be approved by the city (get a permit), due to potential to disrupt traffic, emergency vehicle access, or people spilling into road. If the size is roughly known, it's a better idea to get a permit to close Middlesex for a few hours --- like getting a permit for a block party etc. If it's going to be very large and impossible to estimate the turnout, a street closing may not be allowed --- to hard to plan for traffic emergency, and homeowner access.

Might be better to try the High School again with grounds large enough to accommodate thousands.

First though, we need someone to volunteer to coordinate it, with others to help of course.

Idea

I don't live in the Pointes, but I'd be happy to help, too.

15Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 11:51 pm

Fifteen30

stina wrote:
Fifteen30 wrote:Hi -- It doesn't look like the message I just posted went through. So here it is again.

That is so touching...maybe our ribbons should be the color of forget-me-nots ???

That would be nice. I know of a place that prints on ribbons (it's not local though) --if we decide to do a fundraiser, maybe we could sell these?

16Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Thu 24 May 2012, 11:55 pm

stina

stina

15/30.....

Maybe we could have the ribbons made can be placed on our cars! Those would be so visible....Justice for Jane ribbon on everyone's back windshield
Very Happy

17Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 2:00 am

Fifteen30

stina wrote:15/30.....

Maybe we could have the ribbons made can be placed on our cars! Those would be so visible....Justice for Jane ribbon on everyone's back windshield
Very Happy

I like that idea, too!

18Jane's memory Empty ribbons Fri 25 May 2012, 9:11 am

zeus

If this is going down asap we need to find ribbon wholesaler locally.On East Ten Mile rd. there is a craft supplier,I've tried remembering the name to no avail.

19Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 9:13 am

stina

stina

zeus wrote:If this is going down asap we need to find ribbon wholesaler locally.On East Ten Mile rd. there is a craft supplier,I've tried remembering the name to no avail.

Zeus, any idea where we could have ribbon decals for the car made?
Does anyone know if they are magnetic?

20Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 9:24 am

stina

stina

Found an on line site, they allow you to customize and the price seems reasonable...They have many colors and fonts to choose from. I will keep looking for best price or if there is a local merchant who will do them for us.

Large Ribbon Bumper Sticker Magnet:

Quantity 125 250 500 1000 1500
List Price $2.14 $1.39 $0.95 $0.72 $0.50

21Jane's memory Empty ribbon Fri 25 May 2012, 9:27 am

zeus

I found the listing Discount Flowers and crafts,8199 E. Ten Mile Rd.586-757-2690

22Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 9:28 am

kittygirl

kittygirl

stina wrote:
zeus wrote:If this is going down asap we need to find ribbon wholesaler locally.On East Ten Mile rd. there is a craft supplier,I've tried remembering the name to no avail.

Zeus, any idea where we could have ribbon decals for the car made?
Does anyone know if they are magnetic?

We just had some shirts printed for work at a place in Detroit. Would you like me to look up their information? Not sure if they would do decals too but I can find their invoice if you want. Smile

23Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 9:30 am

stina

stina

I just got a lead from a poster as well for the stick on decal, will get information out asap

24Jane's memory Empty ribbon color Fri 25 May 2012, 10:02 am

zeus

Hi I checked for color meanings and purple is the color for domestic violence

25Jane's memory Empty balloons Fri 25 May 2012, 11:41 am

zeus

also purple balloons and streamers...

26Jane's memory Empty music Fri 25 May 2012, 2:10 pm

zeus

I e-mailed and asked for Jane's favorite songs and artist..

27Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 3:40 pm

stina wrote:Found an on line site, they allow you to customize and the price seems reasonable...They have many colors and fonts to choose from. I will keep looking for best price or if there is a local merchant who will do them for us.

Large Ribbon Bumper Sticker Magnet:

Quantity 125 250 500 1000 1500
List Price $2.14 $1.39 $0.95 $0.72 $0.50

Found this site for customized ribbon car magnets: http://www.custommagnetsdirect.com/Custom_Shaped_Magnets/RIBBON-SHAPED-MAGNETS?gclid=CKPo4fOQnLACFeEDQAodmHb3Vg

Contacted them at 855-762-4638, got following info from Christy:

* customized ribbon magnets for cars, quantity 100-249 are $1.50 ea, 250-499 are .99 ea.
* purple is a color option
* turn around time: put in order, approve artwork (the "Justice for Jane" lettering/style), 2-3 days for production, 3 days for standard shipping, over-night available but costly.
* closed over Memorial Day weekend but if order placed online over weekend, they could start production on Tuesday.

Christy is off next week, but speak with Jim Tuesday for any needed follow-up. Hope this helps.

28Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 3:43 pm

GardenElf

So much going on in last 24hrs. The vigil is a terrific idea! The first one was held before so much information was available. I am certain that Bob will show up with his lawyer in tow. He's paying $300/hr or more to have a hand holding babybsitter there beside him. He'll be there. But..so will we!!! Good time..really good time to speak our mind and there won't be any pussy footing around him this time. We need tv and press there also. Scott Lewis is local to GP and most likely would love to cover this story. Maybe he'd be willing to write a story about Janes loyal supporters - many of them complete strangers who want to see this Bloobsy Creep behind bars. Time to spin it for Jane...instead of reacting and waiting, we could be proactive and give the prospective juror pool something to consider! Consider JANE! What about JANE?

29Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 4:13 pm

zeus

GardenElf wrote:So much going on in last 24hrs. The vigil is a terrific idea! The first one was held before so much information was available. I am certain that Bob will show up with his lawyer in tow. He's paying $300/hr or more to have a hand holding babybsitter there beside him. He'll be there. But..so will we!!! Good time..really good time to speak our mind and there won't be any pussy footing around him this time. We need tv and press there also. Scott Lewis is local to GP and most likely would love to cover this story. Maybe he'd be willing to write a story about Janes loyal supporters - many of them complete strangers who want to see this Bloobsy Creep behind bars. Time to spin it for Jane...instead of reacting and waiting, we could be proactive and give the prospective juror pool something to consider! Consider JANE! What about JANE?
Let's reserve a port a potty for BB, reserved seating tongue

30Jane's memory Empty Justice for Jane Decals Fri 25 May 2012, 4:32 pm

starzinmyeyes2

starzinmyeyes2

Jane's memory 7268551430_220fda2b85

I know someone who does decals that whipped this up real quick. This is the description she sent me:

The graphic for the ribbon is a bit rough, if this design is something she likes I'd take the time to clean it up before we approve the final draft, but this was a design I was thinking about. The black is representative of the windshield, white and purple is vinyl. This is a little different than what you're going to get with magnets, the words are much more prominent, and the whole display stands out more.

The whole thing together would be about 6" tall by 3" wide (more or less, we'll get final dimensions once we finalize the design).

The image is cut from a solid color of vinyl. This means each piece is more time intensive, and as a result a bit more expensive than if you were to have them printed bumper sticker style. The benefit of the decal is that they look nicer, stick on longer, and the color doesn't fade the way printed stickers do.

Min. order 1000. Cost .90ea/ shipping $25.

If anyone is interested in ordering these, pm me for more info.

I hope this is helpful!

31Jane's memory Empty Wrong Area! Oops! Fri 25 May 2012, 4:35 pm

starzinmyeyes2

starzinmyeyes2

starzinmyeyes2 wrote:Jane's memory 7268551430_220fda2b85

I know someone who does decals that whipped this up real quick. This is the description she sent me:

The graphic for the ribbon is a bit rough, if this design is something she likes I'd take the time to clean it up before we approve the final draft, but this was a design I was thinking about. The black is representative of the windshield, white and purple is vinyl. This is a little different than what you're going to get with magnets, the words are much more prominent, and the whole display stands out more.

The whole thing together would be about 6" tall by 3" wide (more or less, we'll get final dimensions once we finalize the design).

The image is cut from a solid color of vinyl. This means each piece is more time intensive, and as a result a bit more expensive than if you were to have them printed bumper sticker style. The benefit of the decal is that they look nicer, stick on longer, and the color doesn't fade the way printed stickers do.

Min. order 1000. Cost .90ea/ shipping $25.

If anyone is interested in ordering these, pm me for more info.

I hope this is helpful!

MODS: I meant to post this on the Jane's memory thread, not start my own topic! Sorry, can you move it? If not, please delete and I will post it again in the correct thread.

32Jane's memory Empty Signs Fri 25 May 2012, 5:16 pm

Some people may want to carry or display signs at the vigil. Obviously supporters can get foamcore, some stick on letters or stencils, ducktape 2 dowels to the back and make their own sign.

But for a few more bucks ($18), Staples now has a 50% off of full color, customized 2-sided, lawn-sized signs which are lightweight and can be carried at the vigil --- but then later put in the front yard to show ongoing support. Metal lawn brackets are $3 and signs should last outside for months (thru-out the trial).

They can only be ordered online, delivery 3-5 days and the sale is through Saturday May 26 at midnight (orders placed by then). I'm sure they'd sell very well at the vigil, so if someone local could upfront the expense and order a bunch, then be reimbursed, that would work. Need to act fast though.

Here is a mock up, but there are several other templates available. Thought this one was good with the purple and black coloring, any wording possible:

http://print.staples.com/vp/ns/easypath/studio.aspx?pf_id=042&combo=372605.142.1.340813|340813|137|0&uei=494288&icparts=yes&ag=true&combo_id=632884&ssc=1&filter=9%3a10013||1%2c3%3a10046||1&xnav=previews&xnid=button&rd=2&ref=1&referer=http%3a%2f%2fprint.staples.com%2fgallery.aspx%3fpg%3d20%26xnav%3dHowToDesign

Idea

Last edited by DanStar on Fri 25 May 2012, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

33Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 5:25 pm

J4J

Another idea would be to make the rubber(?) Wrist bands and have it say "Justice for Jane". Could donate any $$$ to one of Jane's favorite causes.

34Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 6:05 pm

Too Close for Comfort

Too Close for Comfort

I would put a sign in my yard, a sticker on my car and a band on my wrist only if someone can assure me that doing so won't give D. G. an argument for having the trial of B.B. moved out of Wayne co. We may need to be careful here.

35Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 6:08 pm

stina

stina

Starz...thanks for posting the pic...!

36Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 6:38 pm

AuntKKel

I am pleasantly stunned with how this group could pull this together in a 24 hour time period. I also wish that I lived close by.......would certainly be there. I personally think this vigil, ribbons, balloons, etc. will speak volumes to the prosecutor's office, not to mention the residents of GPP! I think you will be amazed at the outpouring of support! I say it's time to put the pressure on big bobber! Jane's family, friends, and supporters of GPP are pushing for an arrest, it's time!! He's been the monster, oops....master, for too long! It's time that his "power" is revoked, squashed like a bug!!

37Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 7:03 pm

zeus wrote:
Too Close for Comfort wrote:I would put a sign in my yard, a sticker on my car and a band on my wrist only if someone can assure me that doing so won't give D. G. an argument for having the trial of B.B. moved out of Wayne co. We may need to be careful here.
Remember DG says they want the killer tried, and asking for change of venue he has done more to taint the jury pool.He has given national TV.
Ita, with all the news conferences and vast media coverage, can't see how Jane's supporters having a vigil and displaying some signs would be an argument to change the venue.

Arrow Arrow Arrow

Last edited by DanStar on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

38Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 7:04 pm

zeus

zeus wrote:
Too Close for Comfort wrote:I would put a sign in my yard, a sticker on my car and a band on my wrist only if someone can assure me that doing so won't give D. G. an argument for having the trial of B.B. moved out of Wayne co. We may need to be careful here.
Remember DG says they want the killer tried, and asking for change of venue he has done more to taint the jury pool.He has given national TV.

Hell would be a great location Evil or Very Mad

39Jane's memory Empty music Fri 25 May 2012, 7:09 pm

zeus

Waiting to hear about songs from Jane's family.I was thinking of the Elton John song from Princess Diana's service.

40Jane's memory Empty music Fri 25 May 2012, 7:11 pm

zeus

Waiting to hear about songs from Jane's family.I was thinking of the Elton John song from Princess Diana's service.

41Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 7:42 pm

zeus

Darkman wrote:
zeus wrote:Hell would be a great location Evil or Very Mad
... or not?

Hell is populated mostly with very bad people ... would not be the best location for such a venue... Sad

Perfect with all the DMSM's. Your right it's to good for BB 👽

42Jane's memory Empty Eulogy Fri 25 May 2012, 10:45 pm

family4ever

family4ever

This was the eulogy Jane's sister delivered at her service... thought some of you may be interested...

I know that Jane told Jessie that she wanted us to celebrate her life when it came time for her memorial.
I hear these words: at peace, heaven, rejoice, savior, better place.
But I am not there. This is not that time.
I will spend the rest of my life celebrating Jane.
Trying to live up to her expectations.
Making sure her kids are happy.
And doing my best to continue her legacy.
But I will not celebrate now.

And with that, I have written something for Jane.

Right now in my mind I see Jane as I knew her.
Beautiful and brave. Positive yet conflicted.
A planner. A traveler. A seeker. A doer.
A mother. A daughter. A sister. An aunt.
Generous and glorious. Afraid yet determined.
A friend. A colleague. A coach. An adviser.
A writer. A partier. A giver. A guru.
My sister. My mentor. My very best friend.
Jane was my final say.

After these days, I will see her as she died.
A victim. A fighter. A human. An angel.

Sadness remains.
Time will heal.
Children will grow.
Elders will pass.
The sky is a bit more dull.
The flowers aren’t quite right.

But. Jane would expect nothing less from us now than she ever did before.
To grieve. To overcome. To persevere. To go on.
But. Even more. To find a way at the end of all of this to be happy again.

Posted for J4J users - please do not cut and paste to other sites. Thanks.

43Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 10:56 pm

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

Family4ever thank you for sharing this with us. What beautiful words and so heartbreaking for Jane's sister to have to be delivering them at a memorial service far more tragic and premature than what would be the normal course of life. My prayers are for all of you as you continue to struggle with your loss. It is an honor for me to be the administrator of a forum that is helping those who loved Jane to heal.

Last edited by migraine on Sun 27 May 2012, 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

https://justice4jane.forumotion.com

44Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 11:01 pm

stina

stina

Family4every

I am honored you shared that with us.

45Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Fri 25 May 2012, 11:12 pm

jan_53

jan_53

Family4ever,
Thank you for sharing this very touching tribute to Jane.

47Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Sat 26 May 2012, 1:50 am

kittygirl

kittygirl

Family4Ever thank you for sharing with us. It's a beautiful and graceful eulogy; very heartfelt and moving. I appreciate you taking the time to share with us so very much.

48Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Sat 26 May 2012, 3:15 am

Laker

Laker

Family4Ever, the eulogy is lovely and touching. Very wise in so many ways. Thank you for contributing it to this forum and helping to continue to keep focus on this glorious woman.

49Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Sat 26 May 2012, 3:17 am

Laker

Laker

Hope that it is not presumptuous of me to change my avatar during Memorial Day weekend in honor of Jane.

50Jane's memory Empty Re: Jane's memory Sat 26 May 2012, 8:11 am

Nieschk

Nieschk

Very lovely eulogy. Thank you so very much for sharing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next