Justice For Jane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Justice For Jane

A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

Latest topics

» Bob Bashara Sentencing and the fate of Joe Gentz
by CuriousPortlander Fri 15 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

» TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!
by Justice4Jane Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

» Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial
by Justice4Jane Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

» Just for Chat
by Freckles Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

» Bashara Murder Charges: 1st Degree, 1st Degree Conspiracy & Solicitation + Perjury, Witness Intimidation & Obstruction of Justice
by meandmyshadow Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

» Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges
by Justice4Jane Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:11 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges

+27
KZ
CuriousPortlander
wwjd
silver1
Fifteen30
Bricktop
NoPlunder
GPPGRL
smallal
Freckles
mooselift
family4ever
Lawman9
Copzkid
kittygirl
Toomuchwaiting
pastpast
J4J
dezama
EllsBells
Pointed Barbs
AnalyzeThis
ohwow1
meandmyshadow
chewet
TheEndIsNear
Justice4Jane
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

kittygirl wrote:
EllsBells wrote:Yes, but what is gained by a delay in filing charges? Our cause of justice of Jane is not served by more delays. Witnesses die, have decayed memories, become impaired, or are more reluctant to testify. What happens if Gentz dies by natural causes or suffers a stroke? Is it just bureaucracy standing in the way?

The investigation can still continue after charges are filed, so what is the compelling reason to not file charges?

Certainly Monster Bob's attorney will try to delay at every turn, so why should the Wayne County Prosecutor help the defense by prolonging the delay?

Is it time for a protest march with Justice for Jane signs in Grosse Pointe or at the Wayne County Prosecutor's office --- or not? Wouldn't Jane be at the head of an effort for justice if it was her friend who was senselessly murdered? Why are we here if not to demand justice for Jane?

Are we powerless and/or failing Jane?

I think there are a number of reasons why it is prudent to delay the filing of charges. Before the file charges the prosecutor's office can issue investigative subpoenas which they had used previously in this case to gather evidence. Also, once charges are filed the defendant is entitled to certain steps in the legal process like a preliminary examination within 14 days, so the case starts moving. Bob would have access to all the discovery and that could potentially harm any further investigation, right now he has no access to discovery. Also, I'm assuming that there is much of this case that is physical evidence (the forensic evidence WXYZ reported having showing Jane and Monster's combined DNA), evidence removed from Rachel's apartment and the Bob's house, internet records, the piece of paper that "heparin" was written on, internet searches for insulin, etc. The strength of this evidence is not going to be diminished by the passage of time and from the way too many crime shows that I watch it seems like that is the kind of stuff that juries like these days and is more irrefutable than witness testimony. As soon as Monster has access to the discovery he knows who is going to be a witness against him and I think that the identity of those witnesses be kept confidential for as long as possible for their own safety and peace of mind.

I sense your frustration absolutely but I firmly believe that the prosecutor's office and law enforcement want justice as bad as we do. They have seen the evidence and the case in its entirety so they know just how complex this case is and evil Monster really is. They could be leveling a myriad of charges against him, things that we have no idea about. I am encouraged by the things that Family said above and I appreciate them letting us know their perspective.

Hear Hear, Kitty! Well said! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Bricktop

Bricktop

kittygirl wrote:
EllsBells wrote:Yes, but what is gained by a delay in filing charges? Our cause of justice of Jane is not served by more delays. Witnesses die, have decayed memories, become impaired, or are more reluctant to testify. What happens if Gentz dies by natural causes or suffers a stroke? Is it just bureaucracy standing in the way?

The investigation can still continue after charges are filed, so what is the compelling reason to not file charges?

Certainly Monster Bob's attorney will try to delay at every turn, so why should the Wayne County Prosecutor help the defense by prolonging the delay?

Is it time for a protest march with Justice for Jane signs in Grosse Pointe or at the Wayne County Prosecutor's office --- or not? Wouldn't Jane be at the head of an effort for justice if it was her friend who was senselessly murdered? Why are we here if not to demand justice for Jane?

Are we powerless and/or failing Jane?

I think there are a number of reasons why it is prudent to delay the filing of charges. Before the file charges the prosecutor's office can issue investigative subpoenas which they had used previously in this case to gather evidence. Also, once charges are filed the defendant is entitled to certain steps in the legal process like a preliminary examination within 14 days, so the case starts moving. Bob would have access to all the discovery and that could potentially harm any further investigation, right now he has no access to discovery. Also, I'm assuming that there is much of this case that is physical evidence (the forensic evidence WXYZ reported having showing Jane and Monster's combined DNA), evidence removed from Rachel's apartment and the Bob's house, internet records, the piece of paper that "heparin" was written on, internet searches for insulin, etc. The strength of this evidence is not going to be diminished by the passage of time and from the way too many crime shows that I watch it seems like that is the kind of stuff that juries like these days and is more irrefutable than witness testimony. As soon as Monster has access to the discovery he knows who is going to be a witness against him and I think that the identity of those witnesses be kept confidential for as long as possible for their own safety and peace of mind.

I sense your frustration absolutely but I firmly believe that the prosecutor's office and law enforcement want justice as bad as we do. They have seen the evidence and the case in its entirety so they know just how complex this case is and evil Monster really is. They could be leveling a myriad of charges against him, things that we have no idea about. I am encouraged by the things that Family said above and I appreciate them letting us know their perspective.

Absolutely right, and also in their favor is the fact that blob sure isn't a flight risk. Laughing

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

Bricktop wrote:Absolutely right, and also in their favor is the fact that blob sure isn't a flight risk. Laughing

Free or not...You could pump him full of hydrogen and stick a rocket up his 'bleep' .... Blob aint flyin Anywhere!

"Oh...did I say that out loud?" pirat

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Pointed Barbs wrote:
Bricktop wrote:Absolutely right, and also in their favor is the fact that blob sure isn't a flight risk. Laughing

Free or not...You could pump him full of hydrogen and stick a rocket up his 'bleep' .... Blob aint flyin Anywhere!

"Oh...did I say that out loud?" pirat

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

105Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges - Page 3 Empty Channel 4 Fox News Tonight at 11 Mon 11 Mar 2013, 8:56 pm

Fifteen30

I caught a glimpse of a promo featuring photos of Jane and Gentz. All I was able to hear in time was "coming up tonight....". Is anyone aware of anything?

106Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges - Page 3 Empty A good day for Detroit! Mon 11 Mar 2013, 11:40 pm

TheEndIsNear

TheEndIsNear

Three cheers for the guilty verdicts for kwame and bobby! Here's hoping bb is next!! cheers cheers cheers

silver1

Just heard a clip on WDIV.
"Tonight at 11 p.m. - What really happened when Jane Bashara was murdered? Now a secret recording is revealed only to the Defenders."

kittygirl

kittygirl

TheEndIsNear wrote:Three cheers for the guilty verdicts for kwame and bobby! Here's hoping bb is next!! cheers cheers cheers

I had a dream about Monster last night. So I am hoping that that is a sign that an arrest will be coming soon.

kittygirl

kittygirl

silver1 wrote:Just heard a clip on WDIV.
"Tonight at 11 p.m. - What really happened when Jane Bashara was murdered? Now a secret recording is revealed only to the Defenders."

11:00 is past my bedtime. A nap may be in order.

All these new details lately...the forensic report...the recording? Monster are you sweating yet? Tick tock, tick tock...

EllsBells

EllsBells

Horrible to hear Gentz retell it. Sad

I'm not sure the Gentz tape reported on ClickonDetroit "takes the case in a new direction" as stated by Winchester. My guess is this is a tape made by Gentz' friend Steve V., but really don't see the purpose of releasing it now --- especially if this tape differs materially from police tapes of his confession.

Wonder how much the owner of the tape was paid ???

kittygirl

kittygirl

The case was always in the Monster direction Hank!! The sentencing made that crystal clear. It was chilling to listen to, but it was a tape he made with the defenders last year when they had him in that van. They played bits and pieces of it last year. They probably could not release that part of it because Joe hadn't yet been sentenced. I think the tape is cut and there are things left out due to Bob still not being tried yet. Hank narrates some stuff instead of Joe telling it.

And Joe being the mastermind behind the accident part? That part floored me and I am still wondering if my opinion of him changed...I think it has.

Hopefully the Defenders know something about when charges are coming for Bob and hence why this story is coming out now and not closer to sentencing unless they didn't want to compete with WXYZs forensic report.

Link: http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/Defenders-Joe-Gentz-secret-tapes/-/16732600/19291836/-/9f306r/-/index.html

GPPGRL

Just reviewed the video again and it appears to me that the audio confession was recorded by former investigator Tom Barry (sp?) and that what is meant by taking the case in a new direction is that Bashara will be charged finally.

http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/Defenders-Joe-Gentz-secret-tapes/-/16732600/19291836/-/9f306r/-/index.html

silver1

Did anyone see WDIV this am? I think that Barry -- is he the retired detective? -- was on with Guy Gordon. Turned the TV on just as it ended.

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

silver1 wrote:Did anyone see WDIV this am? I think that Barry -- is he the retired detective? -- was on with Guy Gordon. Turned the TV on just as it ended.

Silver1 you can watch it here: http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/Defenders-Joe-Gentz-secret-tapes/-/16732600/19291836/-/9f306r/-/index.html

silver1

Thanks MeandMy. I saw that link last night, but this morning I thought I heard Guy interviewing Barry. As I said, I only saw the last few seconds... maybe I was dreaming!! Can't find anything about it.

chewet

chewet

GPPGRL wrote:Just reviewed the video again and it appears to me that the audio confession was recorded by former investigator Tom Barry (sp?) and that what is meant by taking the case in a new direction is that Bashara will be charged finally.

http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/Defenders-Joe-Gentz-secret-tapes/-/16732600/19291836/-/9f306r/-/index.html

Oh God... hearing Gentz's voice and how he answer's Barry's questions Evil or Very Mad absolutely changes my opinion of him! No more "Lenny" imho, regardless of how he was controlled by Monster.

Does anyone recall how this retired Det. Barry got involved? Who originally contacted him and involved him? And for what purpose? Wonder what else Barry was able to uncover and if so, sure hope it is stuff to drop the bomb on Monster once and for all!!

GPPGRL

kittygirl

kittygirl

chewet wrote:
GPPGRL wrote:Just reviewed the video again and it appears to me that the audio confession was recorded by former investigator Tom Barry (sp?) and that what is meant by taking the case in a new direction is that Bashara will be charged finally.

Oh God... hearing Gentz's voice and how he answer's Barry's questions Evil or Very Mad absolutely changes my opinion of him! No more "Lenny" imho, regardless of how he was controlled by Monster.

Does anyone recall how this retired Det. Barry got involved? Who originally contacted him and involved him? And for what purpose? Wonder what else Barry was able to uncover and if so, sure hope it is stuff to drop the bomb on Monster once and for all!!

Same for me. No more Lenny. Judge Evans making soooo much sense now.

GPPGRL

GPPGRL

kittygirl wrote:
chewet wrote:

For me he's still Lenny; a murderer who really does not comprehend the enormity of what he's done; a man-child who yearns to please those he deems are in authority. It was only later when talking to others that he got a sense of the wrongness of his actions. He's not a moral psychopath; he's mentally deficient.

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

GPPGRL wrote:
kittygirl wrote:
chewet wrote:

For me he's still Lenny; a murderer who really does not comprehend the enormity of what he's done; a man-child who yearns to please those he deems are in authority. It was only later when talking to others that he got a sense of the wrongness of his actions. He's not a moral psychopath; he's mentally deficient.

Exactly...He's not so much the murderer as the murder weapon....

122Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges - Page 3 Empty My two cents... Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:40 pm

TheEndIsNear

TheEndIsNear

Did a little searching on this... and here's my take on it:
In between JG's first attempt to confess to police and the time he went back to police with his preacher friend, WDIV caught up with him. They put him in the back of a van with that retired cop guy and recorded the "secret confession". JG was freaked out and highly emotional, and tried to tell his story to a guy who was asking him questions in a highly aggressive way. WDIV sat on the recording until now, when they could release it right before they THINK charges are coming. I don't think WDIV has any more inside information than anyone else at this point. Most of the stuff JG said in the recording had already been reported by leaks, Nancy Grace and others. EVERYBODY thinks BB is going to be charged, and soon. To tag it as a new twist in the case, or that it is taking the investigation in a new direction,was gross sensationalism - purely for ratings. One of the worst examples thus far, in my opinion. I agree with barbs that JG was mostly just the weapon. Although, since he was in the process of trying to get custody of his poor daughter, he is not guiltless in this - obviously. He was used and manipulated - for sure - but he knew what he was being asked to do was wrong. If someone had tried to lie and manipulate him into killing his daughter, or his mother, would he have complied? I think not. He was lured by greed and selfishness, and used by a sociopath and skilled manipulator. Sad for him. Sadder for Jane's loved ones. Saddest for Jane.

kittygirl

kittygirl

I have more to say about Joe but not gonna attempt it on till I'm on a real keyboard versus phone. But I just thought if this...something absent from the recording...the gun that Monster allegedly had? They way the tape is now Monster says so this do that. Joe's complicity on doing so may be related to that.

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

kittygirl wrote:... Judge Evans making soooo much sense now.

Spot on, Kitty! After listening to the audio several times, it becomes apparent what she may well have meant when she kept telling him he was responding to the demands of his master. Regardless, he was able to distinguish right from wrong. Interesting point you made above regarding the gun. Hmmm...

Pointed Barbs wrote:He's not so much the murderer as the murder weapon....

Chillingly so, Barbs.

(edited for length):
TheEndIsNear wrote:Did a little searching on this... ...

...I don't think WDIV has any more inside information than anyone else at this point. Most of the stuff JG said in the recording had already been reported by leaks, Nancy Grace and others. EVERYBODY thinks BB is going to be charged, and soon. To tag it as a new twist in the case, or that it is taking the investigation in a new direction,was gross sensationalism - purely for ratings. One of the worst examples thus far, in my opinion. I agree with barbs that JG was mostly just the weapon... He was used and manipulated - for sure - but he knew what he was being asked to do was wrong. If someone had tried to lie and manipulate him into killing his daughter, or his mother, would he have complied? I think not. He was lured by greed and selfishness, and used by a sociopath and skilled manipulator. Sad for him. Sadder for Jane's loved ones. Saddest for Jane.

BBM
End, your insight is so appreciated, thank you as always for helping put this into perspective. Keep the faith, justice is coming.

https://justice4jane.forumotion.com

GPPGRL

I see on trulia.com that the Bashara home 552 Middlesex was listed for sale two days ago for $425k. Interesting that they did not show a photo of the house from the street. Might cause people to wonder "hmmmm...now where have I seen THAT house before?"

kittygirl

kittygirl

GPPGRL wrote:I see on trulia.com that the Bashara home 552 Middlesex was listed for sale two days ago for $425k. Interesting that they did not show a photo of the house from the street. Might cause people to wonder "hmmmm...now where have I seen THAT house before?"

Awesome find on trulia!

I was looking at it and it said last sale 11/26/2012. So I am like hmmmm..

I searched the Wayne County Real Estate Index and sure enough on 11/26/12 there was a sheriff's deed for $63,865.57. So it was foreclosed upon and sold at a sheriff's sale. I don't remembering reading it was foreclosed upon on here, so if we already knew sorry for repeating.

I hope that the agent tells people what happened in that house. Very sad. It's a gorgeous house.

Edited to say....i guess we already knew that. I'm slow. Smile

TheEndIsNear

TheEndIsNear

kittygirl wrote:
GPPGRL wrote:I see on trulia.com that the Bashara home 552 Middlesex was listed for sale two days ago for $425k. Interesting that they did not show a photo of the house from the street. Might cause people to wonder "hmmmm...now where have I seen THAT house before?"

Awesome find on trulia!

I searched the Wayne County Real Estate Index and sure enough on 11/26/12 there was a sheriff's deed for $63,865.57. So it was foreclosed upon and sold at a sheriff's sale. I don't remembering reading it was foreclosed upon on here, so if we already knew sorry for repeating.

I hope that the agent tells people what happened in that house. Very sad. It's a gorgeous house.

Ok. Let's think about this. BB was thrown in jail around June 25, 2012. Are we to believe, that in LESS THAN FIVE MONTHS, the house went through the entire foreclosure process, AND was auctioned off? This is all very hinky. Think about it - anyone else know anyone who has gone through a foreclosure?? That process takes months and months - even a year or more. And then, after the foreclosure process, the auctioning off process is another time-consuming thing. It just doesn't add up... time will tell, I guess...

AND, a sheriff's sale? Really? With an ongoing investigation and probable charges coming? A lot of unknowns for the sheriff to auction that house off. I think we are missing something here...

Last edited by TheEndIsNear on Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:39 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling & had to add another thought!)

GPPGRL

TheEndIsNear wrote:
kittygirl wrote:

Awesome find on trulia!

Ok. Let's think about this. BB was thrown in jail around June 25, 2012. Are we to believe, that in LESS THAN FIVE MONTHS, the house went through the entire foreclosure process, AND was auctioned off? This is all very hinky. Think about it - anyone else know anyone who has gone through a foreclosure?? That process takes months and months - even a year or more. And then, after the foreclosure process, the auctioning off process is another time-consuming thing. It just doesn't add up... time will tell, I guess...

AND, a sheriff's sale? Really? With an ongoing investigation and probable charges coming? A lot of unknowns for the sheriff to auction that house off. I think we are missing something here...

End, you are assuming he made the payments up until he was arrested. Given that he had multiple attorneys to pay, my guess is the house became a low priority in terms of keeping up the payments and that the foreclosure process had begun before his arrest. I don't really know what a sheriff's sale is though; maybe someone in the real estate profession and enlighten us on this whole process.

NoPlunder

NoPlunder

GPPGRL wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:

End, you are assuming he made the payments up until he was arrested. Given that he had multiple attorneys to pay, my guess is the house became a low priority in terms of keeping up the payments and that the foreclosure process had begun before his arrest. I don't really know what a sheriff's sale is though; maybe someone in the real estate profession and enlighten us on this whole process.

What a timely find, GPPGRL! Very interesting.

The Register of Deeds shows Comerica as the "grantee" (purchaser) of the property owned by "Robert Bashara/Jane Bashara h/w"
on 11/15/12. (sorry, don't know how to post images)

Yet the City of GPP's assessing site still lists "Robert Bashara" as the owner, even though the sheriff's sale was recorded and "Comerica et al" listed as the "grantee" on 11/15/12.

https://is.bsasoftware.com/bsa.is/AssessingServices/ServiceAssessingDetails.aspx?dp=39+009+02+0699+000&i=1&sna=Middlesex&snf=552&appid=0&actSn=552&actSna=MIDDLESEX&unit=841

Am wondering though if this has something to do with Michigan's foreclosure laws and the fact an owner has a period of time after a Sheriff's Sale in which to redeem the property.

http://www.michigan.gov/mshda/0,4641,7-141-45866_62889_47905-177816--,00.html

The link shows the timeframe for foreclosure, and the very last part, regarding redemption is below:

Day 150-415+
    After the property is sold at a sheriff sale the mortgagor has a redemption period during which time the property can be reacquired.

The redemption period in Michigan is usually six months, except in situations where there are more than four units; less than 2/3 of the original debt owed, multiple acres and/or abandonment occur.

In order to redeem the property at this point you must pay off the mortgage, all interest and late fees, court costs, attorney fees, title and appraisal fees. If the sheriff deed holder paid taxes or insurance after the sheriff sale, the mortgagor must pay those fees as well. Redeeming the property by getting another mortgage is very difficult because of the bad credit rating that resulted from the foreclosure. Redeeming the property by selling it on the market is often a good option. If the property is redeemed, the original rights and obligations of ownership are reinstated.

Since the property was auctioned to "Comerica et al" in November, I take this to mean BB has until May to redeem it. If it's on the market now, would this mean BB is trying to redeem it as that "good option" states above? Might this redemption period also explain why "Robert Bashara" is still listed as the owner and taxpayer of record as per GPP City records, even though they accurately reflect the Sheriff's Sale to "Comerica et al." And what might "et al" mean as far as Comerica goes?

Lastly, if one cannot get a mortgage, then how does selling it on the open market make it a good option for redemption??

Any real estate pro out there that can help explain this?

kittygirl

kittygirl

GPPGRL wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:
kittygirl wrote:

Awesome find on trulia!

Attorneys to pay, hitmen to pay...it's not cheap to be Monster.

EllsBells

EllsBells

NoPlunder wrote:
GPPGRL wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:

What a timely find, GPPGRL! Very interesting.

The Register of Deeds shows Comerica as the "grantee" (purchaser) of the property owned by "Robert Bashara/Jane Bashara h/w"
on 11/15/12. (sorry, don't know how to post images)

Yet the City of GPP's assessing site still lists "Robert Bashara" as the owner, even though the sheriff's sale was recorded and "Comerica et al" listed as the "grantee" on 11/15/12.

https://is.bsasoftware.com/bsa.is/AssessingServices/ServiceAssessingDetails.aspx?dp=39+009+02+0699+000&i=1&sna=Middlesex&snf=552&appid=0&actSn=552&actSna=MIDDLESEX&unit=841

Am wondering though if this has something to do with Michigan's foreclosure laws and the fact an owner has a period of time after a Sheriff's Sale in which to redeem the property.

http://www.michigan.gov/mshda/0,4641,7-141-45866_62889_47905-177816--,00.html

The link shows the timeframe for foreclosure, and the very last part, regarding redemption is below:

Day 150-415+
    After the property is sold at a sheriff sale the mortgagor has a redemption period during which time the property can be reacquired.

The redemption period in Michigan is usually six months, except in situations where there are more than four units; less than 2/3 of the original debt owed, multiple acres and/or abandonment occur.

In order to redeem the property at this point you must pay off the mortgage, all interest and late fees, court costs, attorney fees, title and appraisal fees. If the sheriff deed holder paid taxes or insurance after the sheriff sale, the mortgagor must pay those fees as well. Redeeming the property by getting another mortgage is very difficult because of the bad credit rating that resulted from the foreclosure. Redeeming the property by selling it on the market is often a good option. If the property is redeemed, the original rights and obligations of ownership are reinstated.

Since the property was auctioned to "Comerica et al" in November, I take this to mean BB has until May to redeem it. If it's on the market now, would this mean BB is trying to redeem it as that "good option" states above? Might this redemption period also explain why "Robert Bashara" is still listed as the owner and taxpayer of record as per GPP City records, even though they accurately reflect the Sheriff's Sale to "Comerica et al." And what might "et al" mean as far as Comerica goes?

Lastly, if one cannot get a mortgage, then how does selling it on the open market make it a good option for redemption??

Any real estate pro out there that can help explain this?

I'm not a real estate person, but it sounds like the sheriff's office held the deed to the property after the bank with the mortgage successfully foreclosed it (sued Bob for back payments) and then it was auctioned off to a company called Comerica (perhaps a flipper?) which now holds the deed. For Bob to be able to buy it back from Comerica, he'd have to pay back all the in arrears mortgage, taxes, attorney fees etc --- which he can't --- and besides Monster Bob has no need for the house because his housing needs are covered by the State of Michigan for at least the next 6 to 20 years.

At this point, it looks BB has no right to sell the property as he doesn't hold the deed, he only has the right to buy it back by paying all the back payments --- which he obviously can't --- I understand prison jobs typically only pay about 66 cents per hour.

My guess is that Comerica bought the property at the Sheriff's auction in November for a low amount and is now flipping it. Just speculating.

I imagine all of BB's other real estate holdings have also been foreclosed.

Here's explanation of a Sheriff's sale:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sheriffs-sale.htm

kittygirl

kittygirl

Comerica is a well established predominantly SE Michigan area bank. I believe they held the mortgage on the property as well.

There is some property that Bob owns in Grosse Ile that looks like it could still potentially be owned by him, but it looks like in some records there is a related party so I am not sure. The properties were foreclosed upon due to back property taxes but were redeemed in July 2012. The taxpayer shows up as B&B Investments (in arrears, no surprise.)

NoPlunder

NoPlunder

kittygirl wrote:Comerica is a well established predominantly SE Michigan area bank. I believe they held the mortgage on the property as well.

There is some property that Bob owns in Grosse Ile that looks like it could still potentially be owned by him, but it looks like in some records there is a related party so I am not sure. The properties were foreclosed upon due to back property taxes but were redeemed in July 2012. The taxpayer shows up as B&B Investments (in arrears, no surprise.)

BBM. Yes, Kittygirl, Comerica is indeed a well-established commercial bank. Funny thing, I remember it from the pre buyout-buyout-buyout era as a homegrown Detroit bank, yet from this link, it's now based in Dallas, Texas tongue
http://www.comerica.com/about-us/company-overview/pages/default.aspx

Nevertheless, it was the buyer and the "et al" aspect I was questioning. Not sure what that means?

Also, if Comerica is "the" mortgage holder, then what is all the "Towne Mortgage" stuff over and over again all about? Here's a link to the county site for anyone that can make sense of this stuff. Enter "Bashara, Robert" in the search and it will come up with a list of properties associated with him.

http://www.waynecountylandrecords.com/RealEstate/SearchEntry.aspx

chewet

chewet

EllsBells wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:

(snipped & bolded by Chewet)
Ok. Let's think about this. BB was thrown in jail around June 25, 2012. Are we to believe, that in LESS THAN FIVE MONTHS, the house went through the entire foreclosure process, AND was auctioned off? This is all very hinky.

I'm not a real estate person, but it sounds like the sheriff's office held the deed to the property after the bank with the mortgage successfully foreclosed it (sued Bob for back payments) and then it was auctioned off to a company called Comerica (perhaps a flipper?) which now holds the deed. For Bob to be able to buy it back from Comerica, he'd have to pay back all the in arrears mortgage, taxes, attorney fees etc --- which he can't --- and besides Monster Bob has no need for the house because his housing needs are covered by the State of Michigan for at least the next 6 to 20 years.

At this point, it looks BB has no right to sell the property as he doesn't hold the deed, he only has the right to buy it back by paying all the back payments --- which he obviously can't --- I understand prison jobs typically only pay about 66 cents per hour.

My guess is that Comerica bought the property at the Sheriff's auction in November for a low amount and is now flipping it. Just speculating.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sheriffs-sale.ht
m

WOWZA What a Face

So rather than get into all the things the links have me thinking of at the moment *bites lip*, I realized that any foreclosure would be listed in a court proceeding, right? And since Wayne County, 3rd Circuit is available online- hello?

https://cmspublic.3rdcc.org/Search.aspx?ID=200&NodeID=100%2c101%2c102%2c103%2c104%2c105%2c200%2c300%2c400%2c401%2c2001%2c2002%2c2003%2c2004%2c2005%2c2006%2c2007%2c2008%2c2009%2c2010%2c2011%2c2012%2c2013%2c2014%2c2015%2c2016%2c2017%2c2018%2c2019%2c2020%2c2021%2c2022%2c2023%2c2024&NodeDesc=Third+Judicial+Circuit

Hopefully, that link would show the foreclosure proceeding, I thought... But nope!!! The the only civil cases ever logged for "Robert Bashara" are most certainly not his 552 Middlesex address, nor his first divorce.

So WTH are the records of said court proceeding?? And published records of intended sale??? Anyone??

(Off topic as far as real estate but important: his divorce seems to have been buried!-- no record anywhere-- yet his sister's 1975 divorce "Register of Actions" is fully accessible. What happened to Monster Bob's??? And WHY???)

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

chewet wrote:
EllsBells wrote:
TheEndIsNear wrote:

(snipped & bolded by Chewet)
Ok. Let's think about this. BB was thrown in jail around June 25, 2012. Are we to believe, that in LESS THAN FIVE MONTHS, the house went through the entire foreclosure process, AND was auctioned off? This is all very hinky.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sheriffs-sale.ht
m

WOWZA What a Face

So rather than get into all the things the links have me thinking of at the moment *bites lip*, I realized that any foreclosure would be listed in a court proceeding, right? And since Wayne County, 3rd Circuit is available online- hello?

https://cmspublic.3rdcc.org/Search.aspx?ID=200&NodeID=100%2c101%2c102%2c103%2c104%2c105%2c200%2c300%2c400%2c401%2c2001%2c2002%2c2003%2c2004%2c2005%2c2006%2c2007%2c2008%2c2009%2c2010%2c2011%2c2012%2c2013%2c2014%2c2015%2c2016%2c2017%2c2018%2c2019%2c2020%2c2021%2c2022%2c2023%2c2024&NodeDesc=Third+Judicial+Circuit

Hopefully, that link would show the foreclosure proceeding, I thought... But nope!!! The the only civil cases ever logged for "Robert Bashara" are most certainly not his 552 Middlesex address, nor his first divorce.

So WTH are the records of said court proceeding?? And published records of intended sale??? Anyone??

(Off topic as far as real estate but important: his divorce seems to have been buried!-- no record anywhere-- yet his sister's 1975 divorce "Register of Actions" is fully accessible. What happened to Monster Bob's??? And WHY???)

the house was pink stickered vacant/abandoned in the past couple days. someone came in and fixed the broken fence by the garage that was just hanging and removed the justice 4 jane sign from the front yard and all purple ribbons from the trees. Since all this happened right when the new pink sticker was placed I assume that the bank is preparing to sell.

GPPGRL

NoPlunder wrote:
kittygirl wrote:Comerica is a well established predominantly SE Michigan area bank. I believe they held the mortgage on the property as well.

BBM. Yes, Kittygirl, Comerica is indeed a well-established commercial bank. Funny thing, I remember it from the pre buyout-buyout-buyout era as a homegrown Detroit bank, yet from this link, it's now based in Dallas, Texas tongue

Nevertheless, it was the buyer and the "et al" aspect I was questioning. Not sure what that means?

Also, if Comerica is "the" mortgage holder, then what is all the "Towne Mortgage" stuff over and over again all about? Here's a link to the county site for anyone that can make sense of this stuff. Enter "Bashara, Robert" in the search and it will come up with a list of properties associated with him.

Tx for the above link! What is even more shocking is to enter "Bashara, Jane" and find pages and pages of mortgages, liens, etc.., most of them most likely transacted by Bob without Jane's knowledge, including the transfer of the Cadieux property in May 2010 by Jane to one "Rachel Gillette". I was sickened to read that. (I wonder who's spanking her now?)

kittygirl

kittygirl

Look up for B & B Investment Company.

Forfeited 15402 Mack Ave 3/28/2012. Looks like he still has 15414.

The whole history is forfeiture, redemption, forfeiture, redemption.

And people call him a mogul? Wtf?

I want to pay Monster in monopoly.

kittygirl

kittygirl

NoPlunder wrote:

We should rename Comerica Park because they moved to Texas!

When I do the record search it just says Comerica Bank, not Comerica et al. Instrument # 2012467657.

Also of note. If a property sold at sheriff sale is determined to have been abandoned the redemption period falls to 1 month. http://lakefronthomesoaklandcountymi.com/michigan-sheriff-sales/

140Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges - Page 3 Empty Word of Delay Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:52 pm

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

Bricktop

Bricktop

chewet

chewet

chewet

chewet

Bricktop wrote:

Perhaps Kym could use a few volunteers?

BBM
I I love you the way you think, Bricktop. Would wager there are plenty of bar members that'd go to town with this one on her behalf. Pro bono all the way... I vote we let Fricano know he's messing with the wrong case here.

kittygirl

kittygirl

Grrrrrr in the meantime victims suffer. Hope county executive douchebag is never the victim of a crime. I can think of few other county services more necessary than the court system.

Wayne County residents should look into providing public input during a commissioner meeting. County exec would be present and u can tell him to his face that the cuts need to come from somewhere else so Jane's family and friends and all the victims are able to find justice (or at least the closest thing we've got to it.). Without the hope that the scumbags who hurt others will actually be punished I think not having that does something bad to society.

Kym Worthy keep standing up for your office and the victims!!!!

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

kittygirl wrote:

Wayne County residents should look into providing public input during a commissioner meeting. County exec would be present and u can tell him to his face that the cuts need to come from somewhere else so Jane's family and friends and all the victims are able to find justice (or at least the closest thing we've got to it.). Without the hope that the scumbags who hurt others will actually be punished I think not having that does something bad to society.

Kym Worthy keep standing up for your office and the victims!!!!

Amen, Kitty!

https://justice4jane.forumotion.com

EllsBells

EllsBells

Ok, it's clear that Worthy has got an overload of work and a decreased budget, but it's been 14 months with extensive round the clock investigative help for months from the Michigan State Police, GPP Public Safety, Detroit Police, and Wayne County investigators. How much more investigating do they need?

If for the sake of discussion the case is 90% ready to go, what is the point of delaying to perfect the last 10% of it --- which may be superfluous, "frosting on the cake" anyway? Or 70% complete if it looks like there's enough to get a conviction on the murder alone, forget the likely side charges (rumored tax evasion & other white collar crimes) which may be harder and more time consuming to develop --- and have nothing to do with justice for Jane.

Isn't the heart of the case Gentz's testimony and corroborating evidence that support his story which he's agreed to give? Even once charges are filed, it'll be months before the trial. What's wrong with getting the ball rolling even if the case isn't 100% complete? Perhaps there's a good answer but it's frustrating to say the least ...

Shocked

smallal

smallal

Let's hope this case because of its publicity is not going to become the political football for budgetary discussions. i.e. "We cannot move forward successfully with charging and prosecuting this wife killer because we lack the funds to have another high profile trial".

AnalyzeThis

I sure don't like this...

Defenders: Joe Gentz's bad behavior in prison could hurt case against Bob Bashara
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Defenders-Joe-Gentz-s-bad-behavior-in-prison-could-hurt-case-against-Bob-Bashara/-/1719314/19579322/-/86lnrm/-/index.html

Snipped:

The Local 4 Defenders have learned that on March 12 Gentz, who at that time was being held at the Chippewa Correctional Facility in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, had an altercation with a prison guard.

The incident was written up and disciplinary action was taken. It was the first time Gentz has received a behavioral violation while he has been locked up. If he is written up again his security level could change. His opportunity to have visitors could be taken away.

This could also call into question his credibility as a potential witness against Bob Bashara, Jane's husband.

The Defenders are told from insiders that Gentz is extremely agitated in prison and has been having behavioral issues.

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

Andddd....maybe there's a positive reason to bring him back near Detroit...and 4 is just blowing smoke! Smile

kittygirl

kittygirl

His credibility is absolutely, positively going to be attacked in every shape and form anyway at trial.

Every volatile situation that Joe has ever been in is going to be brought up. Every time his temper flared and that resulted in physicality it is going to be brought up. Everybody knows Joe is involved. Reasonable doubt is..."Jury, are you sure that Joe didn't come around looking for Bob and Jane may have raised her voice to him or told him to get lost (suggested by Monster) and that it set him off into a fit of violence and that his only recourse was to create a story to frame Bob as the mastermind of a plot when he realized what he had done?"

I personally think the only thing that Joe's testimony is good for is providing LE with a list of items to corroborate. As long as there are elements of the conspiracy that are presented to the jury (and potential DNA evidence as was in a WXYZ report) I think that issues with Joe's credibility are moot. If they go in there assuming he has none but they are still able to prove his story through other evidence than he gains credibility despite how he is demonized and painted as crazy by the defense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum