Justice For Jane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Justice For Jane

A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

Latest topics

» Bob Bashara Sentencing and the fate of Joe Gentz
by CuriousPortlander Fri 15 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

» TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!
by Justice4Jane Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

» Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial
by Justice4Jane Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

» Just for Chat
by Freckles Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

» Bashara Murder Charges: 1st Degree, 1st Degree Conspiracy & Solicitation + Perjury, Witness Intimidation & Obstruction of Justice
by meandmyshadow Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

» Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges
by Justice4Jane Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:11 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!

+28
GPPGRL
wwjd
silver1
mooselift
rubyslippers
grace81203
yami444
Pointed Barbs
dezama
Gpmom4
jan_53
catscratchfever
SunnyGirl
ohwow1
Bricktop
notbornyesterday
migraine
meandmyshadow
TheEndIsNear
inthehood
kittygirl
AnalyzeThis
Fifteen30
EllsBells
CuriousPortlander
smallal
chewet
Justice4Jane
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 16]

301TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:01 am

EllsBells

EllsBells

Here's the smoking gun:

"At 6:26 p.m. that day, Hess testified, Bashara's phone used a tower encompassing the Bashara residence."

cheers

302TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:03 am

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Wow the cell phone records suggest that Bob and Jane were home at the same time!

303TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:06 am

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow wrote:Wow the cell phone records suggest that Bob and Jane were home at the same time!

Oh My G@d, the cell pings are pinpointing time of death and movement to the dump zone! This, folks, is the "car ballet"- who needs an eye witness?????

304TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:07 am

kittygirl

kittygirl

With all this evidence in the discovery, seemingly irrefutable, he still chose to go to trial...smh

305TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:10 am

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

kittygirl wrote:With all this evidence in the discovery, seemingly irrefutable, he still chose to go to trial...smh

"6:26 pm - both Bob and Jane's phones use same tower - then shortly after that Jane's phone begins to move North" I JUST GOT CHILLS!!!!!! pale

source

306TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:12 am

migraine

migraine

Here it is everyone! JUSTICE 4 JANE! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

307TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:18 am

SunnyGirl

SunnyGirl

Lisa Lindsay is methodically building her case. Step by step, she is going to get justice.

308TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:22 am

migraine

migraine

I wish I could find the documentation somewhere, but IIRC the time of death was estimated to be around that same time. I am sure of it!

309TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:23 am

migraine

migraine

EllsBells wrote:Here's the smoking gun:

"At 6:26 p.m. that day, Hess testified, Bashara's phone used a tower encompassing the Bashara residence."

cheers    

Ells------this is it! cheers cheers

310TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:27 am

kittygirl

kittygirl

meandmyshadow wrote:
kittygirl wrote:With all this evidence in the discovery, seemingly irrefutable, he still chose to go to trial...smh

"6:26 pm - both Bob and Jane's phones use same tower - then shortly after that Jane's phone begins to move North"  I JUST GOT CHILLS!!!!!!   pale

source
I did too...chills like in a bad way but also in a good way...like "what a perfect piece of almost irrefutable evidence."

311TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:45 am

EllsBells

EllsBells

Kitty, he not only chose to go to trial, in opening Diallo said:

“This is the day Mr. Bashara has been waiting for.” Really, what an idiot ...  lol!

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/10/14/opening-statements-planned-in-bashara-murder-trial/

And the guy wasn't even smart enough to leave his cell phone in the dungeon under the Hard Luck Lounge to corroborate his "alibi." Only week two and idiotic act #15, estimated.

At this point, BB is probably relying on the defense's main tactic to present many instances of Gentz's violence and temper, as Diallo requested permission to present such evidence from incidents reported in police reports and Evans said, "As long as they're on paper" --- whatever that means.   Heck, anyone can file a police report --- true or false --- but to my knowledge Gentz doesn't have prior convictions for violence,  could be wrong on that.  

But basically BB has gotten away with so many crimes and bad deeds in his life with no arrests and few consequences, so he's delusionally confident of beating the rap on this one too.  Oh yeah, plus he used to be president of the Rotary.

Last edited by EllsBells on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

312TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:53 am

migraine

migraine

EllsBells wrote:

Kitty, he not only chose to go to trial, in opening Diallo said:

“This is the day Mr. Bashara has been waiting for.” Really, what an idiot ...  lol!

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/10/14/opening-statements-planned-in-bashara-murder-trial/

At this point, BB is probably relying on the defense's main tactic to present many instances of Gentz's violence and temper, as Diallo requested permission to present such evidence from incidents reported in police reports and Evans said, "As long as they're on paper" --- whatever that means.   Heck, anyone can file a police report --- true or false --- but to my knowledge Gentz doesn't have prior convictions for violence,  could be wrong on that.  

But basically BB has gotten away with so many crimes and bad deeds in his life with no arrests and few consequences, so he's delusionally confident of beating the rap on this one too.  Oh yeah, plus he used to be president of the Rotary.

BBM-- HAHAHAHAHA!!!

313TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:53 am

migraine

migraine

You'd think the morons would think to turn off her friggin' phone!

314TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:03 pm

migraine

migraine

Leehmaan "can't wait to tell you" why she chose ALT.COM

hmmmmmm

Last edited by migraine on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name spelling)

315TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:04 pm

Fifteen30

EllsBells wrote:
Fifteen30 wrote:
EllsBells wrote:Looks like prosecutors are going to use the missing ring as another nail in Bob's coffin.  Remember that when Jane (who reportedly removed her rings at night & placed on dresser) woke up Saturday before her death she discovered her very valuable 20K engagement ring was missing.  She and friends searched everywhere, presumably maid searched, but couldn't find it.  Weeks later it was still missing (including after two police searches of the house), but then BB magically finds it on the floor under/near a planter.

The implication is that BB as he was planning her faux car jacking didn't want the ring swiped by someone finding the car, wanted her to report it missing to friends & co-workers on Monday a day before she was murdered, then concocted a story about how it was misplaced in the house the whole time.  Voila, cash-strapped BB has the ring to convert to money!  

Goes to his advance planning, disregard for causing exlotreme distress in Jane, and ham-handed way of executing this murder/cover-up. My guess is he thought he was being ohhh so clever, really just an idiot.

Evil or Very Mad

I'm confused about the rings.....I believe there were three instances when her diamond and rings went missing, not just one:  In the first case, her diamond "fell" out of its setting; she looked all over for it and didn't find it. The diamond was replaced--I think--by blob. In the second case, the entire ring--diamond along with its setting--was "lost." She was sick over it--looked and looked and didn't find it. It was replaced with an entirely  different setting and a new diamond. (I have first-hand knowledge from Jane about these two instances) In the third istance, I think this is the ring he found saying it was misplaced.   Like you, I think cash-strapped blob had the first two instances converted to money, and he got caught in the third instance.

In  prior discussion on this site, many posters thought the first two instances were insurance fraud by Bob, where he stole Jane's diamonds/rings and had them replaced by insurance company.  On the third missing instance just before Jane's murder,  I don't think Blob was "caught" as it wasn't submitted for insurance reimbursement, just "missing" for awhile.  Don't remember hearing if he sold that ring in the months after her death or gave it to Jessica.

Thanks, Els...I should have spoken clearer. I meant he was "caught" by the family. I heard that at some point before the funeral, at the house, many family/friends
bombarded him about the ring and wouldn't let up. Then he supposedly went upstairs and "discovered" it. He ave it to Jessica; she was wearing it at the funeral (and perhaps at the funeral home, but I didn't notice it then). I too think the first two instances were insurance fraud.

316TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:25 pm

migraine

migraine

...because if I want to "rough someone up" in Michigan I am for sure going to ask my friend in Oregon if she knows anyone who could do it for me! Makes perfect sense, right?

317TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:40 pm

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

I am going to be President of the George Hunter fan club!

"And, right after they showed Bob's underwear, the judge announced lunch!!!"

Yuck! vomit2

ewwww!
Here they are!

http://images.scribblelive.com/2014/10/22/eed18fc1-cfec-47e0-bc24-854709ae3ee8_800.jpg

318TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:51 pm

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

All humor aside I am wondering why Bob's underwear are relevant to the case? I hope there is a point, but am thinking that perhaps the prosecution just couldn't resist taking a cheap shot? Any opinions? Thanks.

319TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 1:19 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

meandmyshadow wrote:All humor aside I am wondering why Bob's underwear are relevant to the case?  I hope there is a point, but am thinking that perhaps the prosecution just couldn't resist taking a cheap shot?  Any opinions?  Thanks.

imo, had a few purposes: another chance to show BB's disregard for people (leaving his underwear on his host's floor), to validate her story that he did visit her, to support her prompt cooperation with prosecution by Feb 6 when undies sent to them, and to make him look like a laughing stock (humiliate).

I remember Janet clearly saying in the prelim that she didn't like BB from the beginning of the Oregon visit, found him to be more horrid as visit continued, and thus had no intention of joining his sweet little menage a trois household.  

So three days after the visit, "Mr. Good Judge of Character" asked this woman who found him repulsive to help him hire a hitman and participate in a plot to obstruct justice in a murder case!   His ability to judge character is horrible, his belief to the contrary is just another delusion.  Idiotic act #16.

Judge is reverting to asking her off the wall questions.  What difference does it make to the case if you're making a call on Jefferson, the cell bill says Canada?  Seems like just her personal curiosity as probably happened to her.  And what was the point of asking why Janet used Alt.com? Clearly Janet's into the BDSM lifestyle so of course she used the premier BDSM site.  Geez ...

320TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 2:14 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

Defense bringing out Janet's testimony that Bob "beat her half to death." Oops, cardinal trial rule, don't ask a question you don't know the answer to.

Surprised the prosecution didn't go there.

321TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 2:39 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

Apparently because defense brought up BDSM beating, Lindsey is asking since they opened the door to BDSM sex activity, can she bring up "breath play" where BB unexpectedly without permission choked Janet.   Judge previously disallowed this, now allowing it as long as they don't try to link it to Jane's death.   Um, oh okay ...    Big and stupid blunder by defense, imo.  

Hope Lindsey brings up the use of safe words by submissives as absolute requirement to stop, and that BB should have immediately stopped the beating when Janet said it, apparently he did not. To continue after safe word, at that point it's an assault.

Court started a little before 2 pm, now at 2:30 taking a 10 minute break!   geek

Correction: Janet (who had never done breath play) did give permission for it, but testified she didn't know it would be so bad and what she was getting into.

Last edited by EllsBells on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

322TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 2:43 pm

AnalyzeThis

EllsBells wrote:Defense bringing out Janet's testimony that Bob "beat her half to death."   Oops, cardinal trial rule, don't ask a question you don't know the answer to.

Surprised the prosecution didn't go there.

Yes, and I liked McCarthy's comment after Janet's that BB "beat her half to death":

"Amy Lange: McCarthy says let's switch to a different topic and discuss the phone call you overheard..."

323TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 3:18 pm

Gpmom4

Nothing but love for George Hunter!!!

324TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 3:24 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

First worthwhile question the judge asked: (from Amy Lange's blog)

"Judge: You didn't have a safe word?
Janet: No
Judg'se: Why not?
Janet: Because I'm an idiot."

Iirc, it is rule number 1 in BDSM that the sub has a safe word, the sub is supposed to always control the extent but that's not possible without a safe word. This is BB's fault, totally irresponsible to do the kinky stuff without it. And with breath play, there should have been a hand signal or something, because you can't talk when being choked. What a jerk.

Btw, the 10 minute break at 2:30 ended at 2:54. Horrible time management

325TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 3:31 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

Another good one from Hunter:

Janet: "The chairman of the board didn't show up for work. Sorry, Bob."
Bob shuffled some papers.

326TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 3:35 pm

Gpmom4

Interesting that the judge would even know about having a safe word....unless she is into BDSM. My husband and I would never talk about having a safe word because I'm not into getting choked.

327TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 3:35 pm

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

EllsBells wrote:Another good one from Hunter:

I nominate George for an Emmy!

328TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 3:36 pm

Bricktop

Bricktop

meandmyshadow wrote:
EllsBells wrote:Another good one from Hunter:

I nominate George for an Emmy!

Second!!

329TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 3:36 pm

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Gpmom4 wrote:Interesting that the judge would even know about having a safe word....unless she is into BDSM.   My husband and I would never talk about having a safe word because I'm not into getting choked.

With all the constant questions the Judge asks she has been totally getting SCHOOLED in BDSM.

330TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 3:46 pm

chewet

chewet

George's latest:

"To recap the day's testimony: Cow whips, erotic choking, strap-ons, ED, and the "chairman of the board not working." Oh, and cell towers."

Razz Razz

331TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 4:01 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

meandmyshadow wrote:
Gpmom4 wrote:Interesting that the judge would even know about having a safe word....unless she is into BDSM.   My husband and I would never talk about having a safe word because I'm not into getting choked.

With all the constant questions the Judge asks she has been totally getting SCHOOLED in BDSM.

Entertaining judge to  say the least.  She apparently didn't know or couldn't infer what a "strap-on" is.  And when Janet said "his appendage didn't work," the curious judge asked: his appendage?  She also asked: So (BDSM) role play is like when the man plays the woman and the woman plays the man?"  Perhaps raised in a convent, she may be getting schooled but she hasn't graduated from grade school yet.   Basketball

Incidentally from the blogs, she never got the strap-on question answered and some of the more naive jurors may not get it either.

Surprised on cross-exam re cell towers, the defense didn't ask questions about imprecise locating based on cell towers such as: "Because Jane and Bob's phones were pinging off the same tower near their home at 6:24, that doesn't mean they were home together, they could have separately been elsewhere in the neighborhood such as walking the dog, visiting a friend, in a shop --- correct?"  Imo, a missed opportunity to open the door for some doubt.

Idiotic move #18:  After identifying himself by name, BB gives the pay-off money envelop to an unknown third party two days after Jane is murdered.

Overall: Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day for the defense.

Last edited by EllsBells on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

332TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 5:34 pm

GPPGRL

EllsBells wrote:
meandmyshadow wrote:All humor aside I am wondering why Bob's underwear are relevant to the case?  I hope there is a point, but am thinking that perhaps the prosecution just couldn't resist taking a cheap shot?  Any opinions?  Thanks.

imo, had a few purposes: another chance to show BB's disregard for people (leaving his underwear on his host's floor), to validate her story that he did visit her, to support her prompt cooperation with prosecution by Feb 6 when undies sent to them, and to make him look like a laughing stock (humiliate).

I remember Janet clearly saying in the prelim that she didn't like BB from the beginning of the Oregon visit, found him to be more horrid as visit continued, and thus had no intention of joining his sweet little menage a trois household.  

So three days after the visit, "Mr. Good Judge of Character" asked this woman who found him repulsive to help him hire a hitman and participate in a plot to obstruct justice in a murder case!   His ability to judge character is horrible, his belief to the contrary is just another delusion.  Idiotic act #16.

Judge is reverting to asking her off the wall questions.  What difference does it make to the case if you're making a call on Jefferson, the cell bill says Canada?  Seems like just her personal curiosity as probably happened to her.  And what was the point of asking why Janet used Alt.com? Clearly Janet's into the BDSM lifestyle so of course she used the premier BDSM site.  Geez ...
Re: the cell phone question - in GPP if you are near the water (ex. Windmill Pointe, the War Memorial etc.) frequently the cell roams across the lake to a tower in Windsor, Ontario so it appears you are in another country. Seems to be trying to undermine the credibility of the cell phone record testimony. But thought she was the Judge, not the defense attorney. Hmmmmm...talk about " role playing" !!

333TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 7:05 pm

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

meandmyshadow wrote:
meandmyshadow wrote:Wow the cell phone records suggest that Bob and Jane were home at the same time!

Oh My G@d, the cell pings are pinpointing time of death and movement to the dump zone!  This, folks, is the "car ballet"- who needs an eye witness?????

Exactly!  I'm so glad this came out!

334TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 8:08 pm

wwjd

GPPGRL wrote:
EllsBells wrote:

Re: the cell phone question - in GPP if you are near the water (ex. Windmill Pointe, the War Memorial etc.) frequently the cell roams across the lake to a tower in Windsor, Ontario so it appears you are in another country. Seems to be trying to undermine the credibility of the cell phone record testimony. But thought she was the Judge, not the defense attorney. Hmmmmm...talk about " role playing" !!

My thoughts exactly! Wtf?

335TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 8:46 pm

smallal

smallal

CuriousPortlander wrote:
meandmyshadow wrote:

Oh My G@d, the cell pings are pinpointing time of death and movement to the dump zone!  This, folks, is the "car ballet"- who needs an eye witness?????

Does anyone recall or have a link to Blob's statement about leaving the Hard Luck to retrieve some keys from his home on the evening of the murder ? One more thing, isn't it dark out by 6:25 in January in Michigan ?

336TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 8:58 pm

dezama

dezama

Hooray for the evidence of the matching pings!

The only reason possible that this man is punishing his family and the public with this trial is that he has nothing, literally nothing to lose and nothing else to do.  His ego can't allow him to fade into the margins.  He must be the center of all activity.  It's as though he revels in the deepening disgustingness of his conduct being revealed. The underwear, the strap-on, the loathing, the misogyny, the man's hideousness, etc.  It's almost too much to bear.  How heartbreakingly sad it that Jane tolerated him and that his children tolerated him--they who had sense. And then there are all of the less sensible, more limited, weak folks he found and cultivated to manipulate to make himself feel relevant and powerful--Joe, Rachel, Janet.  So many lives destroyed...all because Bob Bashara was permitted to walk the earth.  Let him rot, humiliated and shriveled.

337TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:08 pm

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

smallal wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:
meandmyshadow wrote:

Does anyone recall or have a link to Blob's statement about leaving the Hard Luck to retrieve some keys from his home on the evening of the murder ? One more thing, isn't it dark out by 6:25 in January in Michigan ?

DARK AS HECK! Especially since the streetlights were out.

338TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:23 pm

dezama

dezama

smallal wrote:

Yes...First he'd said he was hanging at the Hard Luck that night and didn't get home until 8. Then he changed his story since he wasn't at the Hard Luck the whole time. He'd been at the Hard Luck, then been out back of it picking up trash (not that he ever before pickded up garbage), then added that he'd run home at some point to collect some keys. I think the change was something he'd supposedly told Rachel G. when she asked him where he was that night. Or it might have been an embellishment resulting from the rumor that a neighbor had observed him performing in the car ballet.

confused

339TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:37 pm

dezama

dezama

"Jane's husband spoke with Grosse Pointe Park Police Thursday afternoon. 'I believe she was out running an errand and doing something and someone either carjacked her, kidnapped her, did something like that. I have no reason to believe she would be at 7 Mile and Hoover for any reason,' said Bashara's husband. He also asked for anyone with information to come forward.
'Please come forward. The police need your help. In addition to those four women that had been put in the trunks, terrible things. Anyone that knows anything, please come forward.'"

From WXYZ on Jan 27 2012

340TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:40 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

dezama wrote:Hooray for the evidence of the matching pings!

The only reason possible that this man is punishing his family and the public with this trial is that he has nothing, literally nothing to lose and nothing else to do.  His ego can't allow him to fade into the margins.  He must be the center of all activity.  It's as though he revels in the deepening disgustingness of his conduct being revealed. The underwear, the strap-on, the loathing, the misogyny, the man's hideousness, etc.  It's almost too much to bear.  How heartbreakingly sad it that Jane tolerated him and that his children tolerated him--they who had sense. And then there are all of the less sensible, more limited, weak folks he found and cultivated to manipulate to make himself feel relevant and powerful--Joe, Rachel, Janet.  So many lives destroyed...all because Bob Bashara was permitted to walk the earth.  Let him rot, humiliated and shriveled.

Well said, Dezama.  Add to that, Janet Leehmann said today when she asked him in early February how his kids were doing, he replied, "They are fine." She responded incredulously, "How can they be fine?"    He's so disgusting ... vomit6  

Re Smallal's question about a link to Bob's changing his story that he was briefly at Middlesex at 6:30 to get keys,  iirc Curious Portlander reported in her notes of the prelim that it was part of Jessica's testimony.  Maybe CP can confirm and expand. I don't recall Bob saying that in an interview or statement.

Isn't it Big Blob's bad luck that the Windsor CN cell tower didn't pick up either his or Jane's phone ping, especially given how close the Middlesex home is to the lake.   Justice for Jane  Smile

Aw yes, fond memories of Bob's hilarious alibi of picking up trash in the Hard Luck parking lot for a full hour in the dark on a cold January night, especially considering it was well known he always hired out any dirty work --- including beating up people.

341TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 10:14 pm

AnalyzeThis

Regarding going home to get the keys, here's a link to the GP News edition that covered the prelim.  It takes forever to load, and I can't get the text to copy.  But it does say that his daughter testified that he changed his story and said he stopped by home to get keys.  (On page 3A.)

http://digitize.gp.lib.mi.us/digitize/newspapers/gpnews/2010-14/2013/2013-09-19.pdf

342TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:19 pm

EllsBells

EllsBells

AnalyzeThis wrote:Regarding going home to get the keys, here's a link to the GP News edition that covered the prelim.  It takes forever to load, and I can't get the text to copy.  But it does say that his daughter testified that he changed his story and said he stopped by home to get keys.  (On page 3A.)

http://digitize.gp.lib.mi.us/digitize/newspapers/gpnews/2010-14/2013/2013-09-19.pdf

Jane's friend Eileen Stratelak also said in the prelim:

"Stratelak testified that she asked Bashara about an account she heard where Gentz had been spotted pulling out of the garage of the home on Middlesex and that Bashara let him out. She said Bashara told her he had come home at some point that night, so maybe Gentz was in the garage with Jane at the same time."

http://archive.freep.com/article/20130913/NEWS02/309130107/Bashara-sex-murder-mistress

Right ... for revenge, JG kills Jane in the garage unbeknownst to Bob and rather than just leave her body there and let B try to explain it to the police, he takes the risky step of driving her car with her body inside into Detroit to look like a car-jacking.  Of course it made perfect sense inside BB's addled brain.

343TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:50 pm

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

AnalyzeThis wrote:Regarding going home to get the keys, here's a link to the GP News edition that covered the prelim.  It takes forever to load, and I can't get the text to copy.  But it does say that his daughter testified that he changed his story and said he stopped by home to get keys.  (On page 3A.)

Yes; I was just going over my notes from the preliminary hearing.  Jessica said:

• Weeks later (after affair surfaced and after he was named POI) he said he stopped by the house to get keys
  • Bob always carried big ring of keys out of habit

344TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 12:05 am

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

EllsBells wrote:
dezama wrote:Hooray for the evidence of the matching pings!

Well said, Dezama.  Add to that, Janet Leehmann said today when she asked him in early February how his kids were doing, he replied, "They are fine." She responded incredulously, "How can they be fine?"    He's so disgusting ... vomit6  

Re Smallal's question about a link to Bob's changing his story that he was briefly at Middlesex at 6:30 to get keys,  iirc Curious Portlander reported in her notes of the prelim that it was part of Jessica's testimony.  Maybe CP can confirm and expand. I don't recall Bob saying that in an interview or statement.

Isn't it Big Blob's bad luck that the Windsor CN cell tower didn't pick up either his or Jane's phone ping, especially given how close the Middlesex home is to the lake.   Justice for Jane  Smile

Aw yes, fond memories of Bob's hilarious alibi of picking up trash in the Hard Luck parking lot for a full hour in the dark on a cold January night, especially considering it was well known he always hired out any dirty work --- including beating up people.

I was checking before I even saw your request...lol  You are correct.

Here's the video of Jessica testifying.  They start talking about Bob's alibi around 14:10:

Source:  http://www.freep.com/article/20130911/NEWS02/309110110/

345TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 12:19 am

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

cheers    

And according to this article, Jane left work around 5:30 and got home around 6:

January 24
5:30 p.m. -- Jane Bashara leaves office in Detroit
6:00 p.m. -- Arrives home in Grosse Pointe Park
8:00 p.m. -- Bob Bashara tells investigators he arrives home at 8 p.m. and doesn't find Jane there

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Jane-Bashara-murder-mystery-timeline-of-events/8572124

So, yes, the calls pinpoint the timeline!

346TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 12:28 am

smallal

smallal

CuriousPortlander wrote:

Yes; I was just going over my notes from the preliminary hearing.  Jessica said:

• Weeks later (after affair surfaced and after he was named POI) he said he stopped by the house to get keys

Thanks for the links, it was in Jessica's testimony. According to the Bob and Jane's phones using the same tower near the residence around the same time hard to deny that they did not at least see each other. If he went home at the time he claims to retrieve keys(and the cell phone records show), Jane was home(cell phone records and Jessica testimony of her 23 minute conversation with her mom). Or if she was already being transported (defense theory) at that time he would have seen her work bag and the TV on.. etc.. And it would have been a mystery why she wasn't around then. But he goes with the 8:15 arrival at the home and discovers her missing then. His defense theory was that JG came over before he made the key retrieval run otherwise he would have seen his wife at home. It can't be both ways. Either he saw Jane went he went to get the keys or she was already missing (his defense theory) but he never took notice of it until he came back to the house around 8:15. Remember also that witnesses said Jane's car was definitely not at the Arnott location at 6:30 which makes sense. Jane would be home when Blob came home to get the keys or she was already missing and Bob totally failed to recognize it until he came home the second time at 8:15.

347TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 12:50 am

EllsBells

EllsBells

CuriousPortlander wrote:

cheers    

And according to this article, Jane left work around 5:30 and got home around 6:

January 24
5:30 p.m. -- Jane Bashara leaves office in Detroit
6:00 p.m. -- Arrives home in Grosse Pointe Park
8:00 p.m. -- Bob Bashara tells investigators he arrives home at 8 p.m. and doesn't find Jane there

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Jane-Bashara-murder-mystery-timeline-of-events/8572124

So, yes, the calls pinpoint the timeline!

And the prosecution will probably confirm the time by working backwards with the timeline of what happened after leaving Middlesex.  Things such as how long it took after 6:30+/- a few minutes to drive from Middlesex to the Arnott alley and then how long it took for someone to walk from Arnott to the McDonald's where JG was captured on security cams.  Let's hope JG didn't get lost or take a long time to find the place he thought best to leave the car.

348TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 12:53 am

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

smallal wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:

Thanks for the links, it was in Jessica's testimony. According to the Bob and Jane's phones using the same tower near the residence around the same time hard to deny that they did not at least see each other. If he went home at the time he claims to retrieve keys(and the cell phone records show), Jane was home(cell phone records and Jessica testimony of her 23 minute conversation with her mom). Or if she was already being transported (defense theory) at that time he would have seen her work bag and the TV on.. etc.. And it would have been a mystery why she wasn't around then. But he goes with the 8:15 arrival at the home and discovers her missing then. His defense theory was that JG came over before he made the key retrieval run otherwise he would have seen his wife at home. It can't be both ways. Either he saw Jane went he went to get the keys or she was already missing (his defense theory) but he never took notice of it until he came back to the house around 8:15. Remember also that witnesses said Jane's car was definitely not at the Arnott location at 6:30 which makes sense. Jane would be home when Blob came home to get the keys or she was already missing and Bob totally failed to recognize it until he came home the second time at 8:15.  

Yes, he said he saw Jane's bag when he went home.  So if Joe drove the car away around 6:30, and the bag was in the car, Bob couldn't have seen it later. He had to have seen it between 6 and 6:30 (if you believe him, that is).

Here are my notes regarding this:

Witness 30:  Eileen Stratelak  

• She followed story in media; she later confronted Bob
  • Bob told her not to believe media; asked about media story about Joe pulling out of garage and that Bob was also seen letting Joe out of garage
  • He said, Eileen, I guess I was at the wrong place at the time...went home at 6 p.m. to get keys; saw Jane's bag; went to bathroom; was in a hurry; her car was not in driveway; I guess Joe was in the garage with her
  • Prior to that, he never said he was there
  • Never said he looked in garage or went in there

349TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 7:58 am

AnalyzeThis

CuriousPortlander wrote:

Yes, he said he saw Jane's bag when he went home.  So if Joe drove the car away around 6:30, and the bag was in the car, Bob couldn't have seen it later. He had to have seen it between 6 and 6:30 (if you believe him, that is).

Here are my notes regarding this:

Witness 30:  Eileen Stratelak  

• She followed story in media; she later confronted Bob
  • Bob told her not to believe media; asked about media story about Joe pulling out of garage and that Bob was also seen letting Joe out of garage
  • He said, Eileen, I guess I was at the wrong place at the time...went home at 6 p.m. to get keys; saw Jane's bag; went to bathroom; was in a hurry; her car was not in driveway; I guess Joe was in the garage with her
  • Prior to that, he never said he was there
  • Never said he looked in garage or went in there

Exactly.  And add yesterday's cell phone testimony:

Amy Lange: This is sort of dry testimony but it's important - prosecutors are attempting to show that Bob and Jane were home at the same time at 6:22 - then both left - her phone heading toward where her body and phone would be found the next morning. Her phone was not making outgoing calls but rather receiving incoming calls.

CP:  thanks for sharing your detailed prelim notes.  They're so helpful!

350TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! - Page 7 Empty Re: TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 9:52 am

chewet

chewet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum