Justice For Jane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Justice For Jane

A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

Latest topics

» Bob Bashara Sentencing and the fate of Joe Gentz
by CuriousPortlander Fri 15 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

» TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!
by Justice4Jane Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

» Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial
by Justice4Jane Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

» Just for Chat
by Freckles Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

» Bashara Murder Charges: 1st Degree, 1st Degree Conspiracy & Solicitation + Perjury, Witness Intimidation & Obstruction of Justice
by meandmyshadow Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

» Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges
by Justice4Jane Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:11 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bashara Sentencing Nov. 20th and Gentz trial Jan. 7th....

+30
Bricktop
Toomuchwaiting
Hopeful
exgpr2
mooselift
KZ
silver1
Lawman9
redhead
pastpast
CuriousPortlander
J4J
rubyslippers
justanopinion
AnalyzeThis
jan_53
family4ever
GPPGRL
Freckles
ohwow1
NoPlunder
meandmyshadow
Pointed Barbs
Laker
Fifteen30
chewet
EllsBells
TheEndIsNear
kittygirl
Justice4Jane
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

mooselift

mooselift

The hanky makes a reappearance!

chewet

chewet

Arrest him for Murder One. Like right after this hearing. Please. Oh Please!

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

he is more upset over going to prison than when he was told about Jane....

https://justice4jane.forumotion.com

chewet

chewet

mooselift wrote:The hanky makes a reappearance!

It is not only making me ill, moose, it's making me angry.

chewet

chewet

Justice4Jane wrote:he is more upset over going to prison than when he was told about Jane....

It's making me angry as all get out, Justice. Arrest him for murder one. Like NOW.

kittygirl

kittygirl

OH so because you have tried to do good things and because your friends won't talk to you now, that is punishment enough? Seriously this man has the mentality of a kid in elementary school.

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

80 months? Is that what Judge said?

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Justice4Jane wrote:80 months? Is that what Judge said?

Thought that was what it was.

kittygirl

kittygirl

twitter says 80 - 240 months

chewet

chewet

Now the tears are dried and he's back to his evil, pissed off look. Like he's plotting again.

kittygirl

kittygirl

so like 6 years 8 months to 20 years

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

kittygirl wrote:twitter says 80 - 240 months

WOOOO! Have fun in Jackson!

kittygirl

kittygirl

ewww it looks like he has a yellow stain on his collar by all the bacne.

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

kittygirl wrote:OH so because you have tried to do good things and because your friends won't talk to you now, that is punishment enough? Seriously this man has the mentality of a kid in elementary school.

Who proof read his apology and thought it was appropriate for what he did? OMG what a joke he is....

chewet

chewet

kittygirl wrote:twitter says 80 - 240 months

So 6.5 to 20 years?

chewet

chewet

Morrow's handing out candy to the news crew. I HEART Judge Morrow!

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Bashara sentenced to 80 to 240 months in prison for trying to have handyman killed
Published On: Dec 10 2012 06:31:53 AM EST Updated On: Dec 10 2012 09:42:04 AM EST

DETROIT -

A Detroit-area man has been sentenced to 80 to 240 months in prison after admitting he tried to hire a hit man to kill a suspect in his wife's slaying.

Read more at source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Bashara-sentenced-to-80-to-240-months-in-prison-for-trying-to-have-handyman-killed/-/1719418/17714694/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/26mmonz/-/index.html

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

I am feeling a little better. 80 months divided by 12 = 6.66....irony?

kittygirl

kittygirl

Justice4Jane wrote:
kittygirl wrote:OH so because you have tried to do good things and because your friends won't talk to you now, that is punishment enough? Seriously this man has the mentality of a kid in elementary school.

Who proof read his apology and thought it was appropriate for what he did? OMG what a joke he is....

YOu know I would have at least expected some melodrama about how he was so overcome with grief over the death of Jane that the hatred of Joe (who he was just trying to help) built up within him like a mighty cauldron that boiled within him and demanded his own version of justice.

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

Bashara sentenced to 80 months to 240 months in plot to kill handyman

By Christine Ferretti and George Hunter
The Detroit News
0 Comments

Robert Bashara faces sentencing Monday in a plot to kill former handyman Joseph Gentz.
Purchase Image Zoom
Robert Bashara faces sentencing Monday in a plot to kill former handyman Joseph Gentz. (Clarence Tabb, Jr./The Detroit News)

Detroit — Robert Bashara will serve 80 to 240 months in prison for plotting to kill the former handyman accused of murdering Bashara’s wife, Jane.

Wayne County Circuit Judge Bruce U. Morrow handed down the sentence Monday.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121210/METRO01/212100365#ixzz2Ef17tUzR

chewet

chewet

Pointed Barbs wrote:I am feeling a little better. 80 months divided by 12 = 6.66....irony?

Bahhaaaaaa! God Bless you, Barbs!!

kittygirl

kittygirl

I guess Bob was overhead telling a baliff "I can't believe this" as he was being led away.

Poor Monster.

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Pointed Barbs wrote:
meandmyshadow wrote:Yeah, but John Wayne Gacy did ALL sorts of good deads, too!

Freudian slip?

hahahahaha! Sure thing!

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

kittygirl wrote:
Justice4Jane wrote:

YOu know I would have at least expected some melodrama about how he was so overcome with grief over the death of Jane that the hatred of Joe (who he was just trying to help) built up within him like a mighty cauldron that boiled within him and demanded his own version of justice.

I wish that he'd tried that...but ALL of Grosse Pointe could have testified that that just wasn't so...Now,on to the next Act!

J4J

kittygirl wrote:
Justice4Jane wrote:

I agree Kitty.

Well at least we have a step in the right direction in the J4J! cheers
Now for step 2: Charge for the Murder of Jane!

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

Now that he is a convicted felon it's time to charge him with Jane's murder!

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

kittygirl wrote:
Justice4Jane wrote:

In case anyone missed the beginning of the hearing, the prosecutors said that Bob might try to argue this, but that it's not true; that Bob tried to have Gentz killed only to protect himself.

exgpr2

Looks like Blob has lost a lot of weight on the county jail diet. Wonder how he'll like the chow in the state pen.

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

I truly thought Boober would try to say he wanted Joe killed because of what he did to Jane......

IMO...That Jackass demanded to read what he wrote against his attorney's better judgement

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

exgpr2 wrote:Looks like Blob has lost a lot of weight on the county jail diet. Wonder how he'll like the chow in the state pen.

I'm sure he'll just stick to salads for a while...

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

Robert Bashara of Grosse Pointe Park says he's truly sorry for his actions. Wayne County Judge Bruce Morrow sentenced him Monday to a minimum of 80 months in prison and a maximum of 20 years. The state parole board will determine when to release him.

Fox2 News

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

"I have been telling the truth from the beginning," Gentz said in a victim statement read by his attorney Susan Reed. "He told me he had friends in the Mafia and would have me killed. I was afraid for my life because he told me he could get me anywhere"

Assistant Prosecutor Robert Moran argued for an 85-month minimum sentence; while Bashara's attorney, Mark J. Kriger, asked for 63 months, about a year longer that the minimum sentence allowed by law.

"I know that I absolutely did wrong," Bashara told the court prior to his sentencing. "And what I did was inexcusable and I have no one to blame but myself. I know fully that what I did was a crime and something that I’ll regret for the rest of my life."

Bashara, wearing black-rimmed glasses and a brown suit, took a moment to collect himself while reading his statement to the court.

He said the reason he did not admit guilt for the solicitation earlier is because he feared losing the respect of his community and being abandoned by his friends and community.

Kriger argued that Bashara's philanthropic work, including the collection of millions of pounds of food for the needy, should be acknowledged in the judge's sentence.

Bashara asked for leniency so that he could take care of his aging mother, whom he promised to his father he would tend to prior to his death.

As Bashara entered the courtroom, he looked in the direction of his mother, pointed and patted his chest.

"He is the one who decided to hit a hit man to kill someone," Moran said. "He was living a dual life."

exgpr2

Pointed Barbs wrote:
exgpr2 wrote:Looks like Blob has lost a lot of weight on the county jail diet. Wonder how he'll like the chow in the state pen.

I'm sure he'll just stick to salads for a while...

LOL!!!

ohwow1

ohwow1

chewet wrote:OH EM GEEE... THE MONSTER. Who shed NO TEARS over his wife, is CRYING NOW???????? Evil or Very Mad

Soooo sad I overslept and missed THAT, then again, throwing up is not my favorite thing to do in first thing in the morning, and his fake tears would have DEFINITELY made me nauseous

Last edited by chewet on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong emoticon-- meant to use EVIL)

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

Oh Wow...the tears were annoying...The streams of snot....Those were disgusting!

He blubbered like a baby...and they say was heard to remark to the guard..."I don't believe this!"

Freckles

kittygirl wrote:I cannot listen to the sound on the live stream because I'm at work...it's killing me!!!

But then there is him https://twitter.com/GeorgeHunter_DN who is keeping me updated too <3
Nice history kept there!
Thank you for the share.

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Justice4Jane wrote:Now that he is a convicted felon it's time to charge him with Jane's murder!

Hear! Hear!!!!

Hopeful

meandmyshadow wrote:
Justice4Jane wrote:Now that he is a convicted felon it's time to charge him with Jane's murder!

Hear! Hear!!!!
Charging the Blob with Jane's murder can't come soon enough - what a frustrating process this has been but if Blob gets Life it will have been worth the wait!

chewet

chewet

meandmyshadow wrote:

Hear! Hear!!!!

Cannot happen soon enough, imo. Along with anyone else who helped him plot and plan. Watching him blubber and whimper, then turn back shaking his evil head in anger as the judge handed down his sentence honestly made me think about the days when they'd put heads on sticks on top of towers.

"I can't believe this," he whined. Really, Monster? What is it you can't believe? You've just demonstrated, yet again, *yawn* your inability to accept accountability. Did you really think tears you shed here. Now. Today. Would absolve you? Where were they on Feb. 1, when that hanky wiped, what???

Toomuchwaiting

Toomuchwaiting

When Bob spoke did he offer any motive for trying to kill Gentz? Did he say it was because Gentz had killed Jane and he wanted revenge? Did Bob ever mention his children or his family or did he just mention the loss of his friends? Didn't have the stomach to watch the stream...

Correct me if I am wrong but Bob only talks about the impact on his life, not how his decisions and actions have impacted anyone elses life. Clearly Narcissistic sociopathic behavior IM amateur O.

rubyslippers

I didn't see his mother, but she was apparently there. I saw Hank Winchester from Channel 4, but who were the other people in the courtroom? Does anyone know. Other reporters? Was Stephanie there? I didn't get any sense that either of his kids were there. Glad this part is done.....hope the other shoe drops soon and the other door slams shut for good. Very pathetic that he thinks his "good deeds" can cancel out his complete assholishness and criminal behavior. When he is brought up on charges for the murder of Jane, one thing his attorney CANNOT include in his statement is "Your honor, here is a man who has no prior convictions." The prosecutor can now say, "He may only have one prior conviction, but its a felony conviction and a big one at that." The audio quality was poor, but did anyone get what prosecutor Moran was saying when he mentioned something about Bob was willing to deed his house over to some organization so they could use it to house and rehabilitate some group of people? I could not make out what Moran was saying? It sounded like he was saying that Bob was willing to do many things to protect himself now that he is caught and wants leniency, like he wanted that organization to write a letter or go to great lengths to vouch for his good character? I would love to read a transcript of what was said.

142Bashara Sentencing Nov. 20th and Gentz trial Jan. 7th.... - Page 3 Empty Actually... Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:18 pm

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

The prosecutor has stated that Bob's guilty plea on these charges can be used entirely against him...If he's charged with Jane's death...In that it shows he's capable and has in fact admitted to hiring a hit man .This can be used to show what he's capable and willing to do!

rubyslippers

Toomuchwaiting wrote:When Bob spoke did he offer any motive for trying to kill Gentz? Did he say it was because Gentz had killed Jane and he wanted revenge? Did Bob ever mention his children or his family or did he just mention the loss of his friends? Didn't have the stomach to watch the stream...

Correct me if I am wrong but Bob only talks about the impact on his life, not how his decisions and actions have impacted anyone elses life. Clearly Narcissistic sociopathic behavior IM amateur O.

He never mentioned a motive in his remarks, but prior to that during the remarks by Prosecutor Moran regarding why Bob should get the maximum penalty, Bob was shaking his head "yes" as in agreement when Moran said something like "Mr. Bashara would like people to think that he ordered the hit out of vengeance and grief over the death of his wife (Bob starts nodding yes as in agreement)but his actions and things he said in phone calls indicate that Mr. Bashara tried to hire the hit only to protect himself from prosecution and to kill the person who would stand in the way of Mr. Bashara protecting himself and getting what he wanted." (Bob was not shaking his head "yes" in agreement with the last part of Mr. Moran's statement). Toward the end of his comments to the court, Bob did make an attempt at apologizing to his family and friends and Mr. Gentz, more or less as an afterthought. His earlier comments were all about how he didn't admit it before because he feared losing the respect of the community and his friends who have now turned on him anyway. I did not hear him mention anything about his children specifically, just the word "family" in general without elaborating on who he includes in that category. Much of what he said was all about him, and the good things he thinks he did in his life and how things are impacting him, although he made an attempt to apologize to the court and his family and friends. I do believe he is sorry about one thing.....only that he got caught. Only that his life, what's left of it is going to be a pretty sad mess for him. I still don't believe he feels for others in any significant way.

chewet

chewet

Toomuchwaiting wrote:When Bob spoke did he offer any motive for trying to kill Gentz? Did he say it was because Gentz had killed Jane and he wanted revenge? Did Bob ever mention his children or his family or did he just mention the loss of his friends? Didn't have the stomach to watch the stream...

It's always about MonsterBob, toomuchwaiting, no doubt. Scary sociopath.

Just listened to Hank Winchester at this link:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Bashara-sentenced-to-80-to-240-months-in-prison-for-trying-to-have-handyman-killed/-/1719418/17714694/-/13mhgrc/-/index.html.

He too hits the "no remorse" angle and says they'll be reporting more on the case later today.

At the same link, there is a video of the complete hearing as well, if you decide you can stomach it. But I don't blame you for not even wanting to watch. Or listen. Especially listen. It's disgusting to hear him carry on. And cry. Then turn back to anger as soon as he realizes his "poor me, I've done so much good, and now I've lost everything" bs gets him nowhere. But what can we expect? Narcissistic sociopaths cannot grasp anything. Other than themselves. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by chewet on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

chewet

chewet

clipped...& BBM
rubyslippers wrote:Glad this part is done.....hope the other shoe drops soon and the other door slams shut for good. Very pathetic that he thinks his "good deeds" can cancel out his complete assholishness and criminal behavior. When he is brought up on charges for the murder of Jane, one thing his attorney CANNOT include in his statement is "Your honor, here is a man who has no prior convictions." The prosecutor can now say, "He may only have one prior conviction, but its a felony conviction and a big one at that." The audio quality was poor, but did anyone get what prosecutor Moran was saying when he mentioned something about Bob was willing to deed his house over to some organization so they could use it to house and rehabilitate some group of people?
It sounded like he was saying that Bob was willing to do many things to protect himself now that he is caught and wants leniency, like he wanted that organization to write a letter or go to great lengths to vouch for his good character? I would love to read a transcript of what was said.

Wow, ruby, I missed that part about the house. Wonder if Monster was manipulating with the organization his father started-- Shar Inc. Shocked Not certain, but I believe Monster was on the board of directors at least until very recently. But how could one deed a property so indebted over to a 501(c)(3)? Huh. I'm going to go listen again and see what I can hear. Very interesting....

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

chewet wrote:clipped...& BBM
rubyslippers wrote:Glad this part is done.....hope the other shoe drops soon and the other door slams shut for good. Very pathetic that he thinks his "good deeds" can cancel out his complete assholishness and criminal behavior. When he is brought up on charges for the murder of Jane, one thing his attorney CANNOT include in his statement is "Your honor, here is a man who has no prior convictions." The prosecutor can now say, "He may only have one prior conviction, but its a felony conviction and a big one at that." The audio quality was poor, but did anyone get what prosecutor Moran was saying when he mentioned something about Bob was willing to deed his house over to some organization so they could use it to house and rehabilitate some group of people?
It sounded like he was saying that Bob was willing to do many things to protect himself now that he is caught and wants leniency, like he wanted that organization to write a letter or go to great lengths to vouch for his good character? I would love to read a transcript of what was said.

Wow, ruby, I missed that part about the house. Wonder if Monster was manipulating with the organization his father started-- Shar Inc. Shocked Not certain, but I believe Monster was on the board of directors at least until very recently. But how could one deed a property so indebted over to a 501(c)(3)? Huh. I'm going to go listen again and see what I can hear. Very interesting....

If I heard it correctly, I think Bob had contacted some organization for letters of support, and offered them a house in return (IMO, bribery). If you listen again, please correct me if I'm wrong.

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

chewet wrote:
meandmyshadow wrote:

Hear! Hear!!!!

Cannot happen soon enough, imo. Along with anyone else who helped him plot and plan. Watching him blubber and whimper, then turn back shaking his evil head in anger as the judge handed down his sentence honestly made me think about the days when they'd put heads on sticks on top of towers.

"I can't believe this," he whined. Really, Monster? What is it you can't believe? You've just demonstrated, yet again, *yawn* your inability to accept accountability. Did you really think tears you shed here. Now. Today. Would absolve you? Where were they on Feb. 1, when that hanky wiped, what???

I think he thought by pleading guilty that he'd get off with a light sentence. Since the judge sentenced him to more than the prosecutors were even asking for, I'm sure that's what caught him by surprise. Ha! Gotcha, BB! You thought you had it all figured out, didn't you?

And yup, those "tears" today were "all about me".

Anxiously awaiting murder charge, now that he's a convicted felon!

chewet

chewet

CuriousPortlander wrote:
chewet wrote:
rubyslippers wrote:did anyone get what prosecutor Moran was saying when he mentioned something about Bob was willing to deed his house over to some organization so they could use it to house and rehabilitate some group of people?

... Huh. I'm going to go listen again and see what I can hear. Very interesting....

If I heard it correctly, I think Bob had contacted some organization for letters of support, and offered them a house in return (IMO, bribery). If you listen again, please correct me if I'm wrong.

clipped...

Thanks, Portlander! Just listened at the WDIV link I posted above. If anyone is interested, it's at the 6:40 mark.

Manipulation and bribery indeed! Prosecutor Moran was pointing out that the defense brief on Bashara's charitable deeds is contradictory if the court considers then in context of jail call records provided by the prosecution. In those, BB had contacted Matrix Human Services and asked them for a letter of "support." '"I'll deed my house... all I want is a letter"' Moran read. He then pointed out this is further indication of Bashara's continuing pattern of manipulating others to do his bidding.

Last edited by chewet on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected names!)

rubyslippers

CuriousPortlander wrote:
chewet wrote:clipped...& BBM

Yes, that's it. It was Matrix Human Services that Bob wanted a letter of support from and he said he would deed them his house. Bob's attorney starts to respond to that in his rebuttal remarks in the pre sentencing statements; he said he was going to address the context of Mr. Bashars's statements about the house, but the replay tape ended before he got very far into his remarks so I didnt get to hear that part again. When I saw it live I thought that Bob's attorney said that the offer by Bob was that the house could be used by Matrix for some charitable or human service need to rehabilitate some group of people....at any rate, the prosecution was pointing out that he was willing to go to great lengths to continue to manipulate any situation to his will and his benefit.

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

The use of his house for such things would not be allowed under GPPark zoning laws...and Bob would be entirely aware of that.So even his contemptible offer of his house in exchange for a letter...was pure bullshit.

He is truly not just a narcissistic-sociopath...He's also an idiot!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum