Justice For Jane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Justice For Jane

A home for those seeking to share and search for justice in the Jane Bashara murder!

To Order J4J Items- All proceeds donated to the Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE
Jane Bashara Memorial Labyrinth
CLICK HERE

Latest topics

» Bob Bashara Sentencing and the fate of Joe Gentz
by CuriousPortlander Fri 15 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

» TRIAL! JUSTICE FOR JANE!
by Justice4Jane Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

» Preliminary Hearing in the Bob Bashara Murder Trial
by Justice4Jane Tue 07 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

» Just for Chat
by Freckles Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

» Bashara Murder Charges: 1st Degree, 1st Degree Conspiracy & Solicitation + Perjury, Witness Intimidation & Obstruction of Justice
by meandmyshadow Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

» Gentz Sentencing Jan. 29th & Bashara Murder Charges
by Justice4Jane Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:11 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bashara Sentencing Nov. 20th and Gentz trial Jan. 7th....

+30
Bricktop
Toomuchwaiting
Hopeful
exgpr2
mooselift
KZ
silver1
Lawman9
redhead
pastpast
CuriousPortlander
J4J
rubyslippers
justanopinion
AnalyzeThis
jan_53
family4ever
GPPGRL
Freckles
ohwow1
NoPlunder
meandmyshadow
Pointed Barbs
Laker
Fifteen30
chewet
EllsBells
TheEndIsNear
kittygirl
Justice4Jane
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

kittygirl

kittygirl

some friendly birthday advice for Bobber:

Bashara Sentencing Nov. 20th and Gentz trial Jan. 7th.... - Page 5 Attachment

Freckles

Pointed Barbs wrote:
Freckles wrote:Stumbled on this and the VERY first letter written on Bashara's behalf WAS from the Matrix group! Wilson DID write him one!!! (What a waste. Wrote the letter and didn't get the house. Not surprised!)

It is a pdf so I can't copy the letter.
Maybe someone else can get a screen shot of this first letter?

http://www.freep.com/assets/freep/pdf/C41979731210.PDF

Edited:
At least 5 of the letters are written by his family members.
Almost all the balance are written by members of his church.
Of interest, his family regards his actions, which he plead guilty to, as a mistake in judgement. And many of the letters do not mention just Blob BUT state JANE AND BOB. I wonder how much she spear-headed and he tagged along?

The bolded part is by me...This is a mistake...only 2 of the letters have any association with the church..The rest are strangers..the support from there is almost exclusively for the kids and of Course Jane's family!

1. Marcella Wilson, Matrix Human Services
2. Drew McSkimming, St#########
3. Nancy Bashara, Mother
4. Laura Bashara Maurer, Sister
5. Tobias V. George, MD, married to "Aunt Carol" 40 yrs ago

6. Erin Ann DiSante, Grosse Pointe theater, known Nancy and Aunt Gwen; husband is Peter who asked BB to work the St. Joan's Vegas Room at church event

7.Cheryl McDonald, St######## fund raisers with Jane/Bob
8. Edward Deeb, knew Judge Bashara, Nancy, and BB's sister;
9.Judy Pleva, Aunt
10. Stephanie Samuel, first cousin
11.Mark C. Brooks, Rotary Club
12. Arnie Charlton

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

Freckles wrote:
Pointed Barbs wrote:
Freckles wrote:Stumbled on this and the VERY first letter written on Bashara's behalf WAS from the Matrix group! Wilson DID write him one!!! (What a waste. Wrote the letter and didn't get the house. Not surprised!)

Edited:
Of interest, his family regards his actions, which he plead guilty to, as a mistake in judgement. And many of the letters do not mention just Blob BUT state JANE AND BOB. I wonder how much she spear-headed and he tagged along?

The bolded part is by me...This is a mistake...only 2 of the letters have any association with the church..The rest are strangers..the support from there is almost exclusively for the kids and of Course Jane's family!

2. Drew McSkimming, St ######## Church
3. Nancy Bashara, Mother

6. Erin Ann DiSante, Grosse Pointe theater, known Nancy and Aunt Gwen; husband is Peter who asked BB to work the St. Joan's Vegas Room at church event

7.Cheryl McDonald, St######### Church fund raisers with Jane/Bob
9.Judy Pleva, Aunt
12. Arnie Charlton

the mistake is that only 2 of these people are any longer connected to the church...which Blob has had been having only marginal contact with in the last few years before the murder...My church does not need to be tainted with this pigs misdeeds...we have suffered enough because of him.

Freckles

Barbs-
I doubt the Rotary has too many words for him now.
He did take a plea of admission to the hiring of a hitman to kill another person.
This would injure their reputation, IMO.

Amazing how some social groups still have values and expect their members to share in said values.

kittygirl

kittygirl

Pointed Barbs wrote:
Freckles wrote:
Pointed Barbs wrote:

Edited:

2. Drew McSkimming, St ######## Church
3. Nancy Bashara, Mother

7.Cheryl McDonald, St######### Church fund raisers with Jane/Bob
9.Judy Pleva, Aunt
12. Arnie Charlton

the mistake is that only 2 of these people are any longer connected to the church...which Blob has had been having only marginal contact with in the last few years before the murder...My church does not need to be tainted with this pigs misdeeds...we have suffered enough because of him.

It is one thing to tout your community service, drone about about service before self and helping the less fortunate ad nauseam. Bringing the church element into it was the thing that turned my stomach. IF he was involved in church activities I am sure it was with the ulterior motive of trying to help himself to any uncovered offering plates. Trying to paint himself as a church going saint discredits the people who do walk the walk and live in a Godly manner everyday. I am sorry your church has suffered, PB.

kittygirl

kittygirl

And I got to wonder how many of these letters were genuine versus being "coerced" in some manner.

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Freckles wrote:
kittygirl wrote:I cannot listen to the sound on the live stream because I'm at work...it's killing me!!!

But then there is him https://twitter.com/GeorgeHunter_DN who is keeping me updated too <3
Nice history kept there!
Thank you for the share.

Just wanted to bump this! It's a great history of the court appearances. Thanks for sharing this link, Kitty!

208Bashara Sentencing Nov. 20th and Gentz trial Jan. 7th.... - Page 5 Empty In today's Free Press (www.Freep.com) Fri 14 Dec 2012, 9:13 am

GPPGRL

A handyman, who told police he killed a Grosse Pointe Park mother at her husband's behest, is scheduled to be back in Wayne County Circuit Court this morning for a pretrial hearing.

Joseph Gentz, 48, is charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy in the death of Jane Bashara, who he told investigators he killed in January at the direction of her husband, Bob Bashara.

Jane Bashara was found strangled in her SUV on Detroit's east side.

Bob Bashara has not been charged in his wife's death, but was called a suspect by police. He was sentenced Monday to serve 80 months to 20 years in prison in a hit-for-hire plot on Gentz. Bashara pleaded guilty in October to solicitation of murder, admitting he paid a local businessman to find someone to kill Gentz, who is being held at the William Dickerson Detention Facility in Hamtramck.

Gentz's attorney, Susan Reed, said her client would be willing to testify against Bashara if he is charged.

On Monday, Reed said Gentz has not settled a plea agreement.

"We're still reviewing all the options," she told the Free Press.

In a sentencing memorandum in the solicitation of murder case against Bashara, Wayne County prosecutors said Bashara was trying to silence Gentz.

"The evidence clearly shows that defendant Bashara was hell-bent on thwarting the investigation into his role in the cold-blooded murder of his wife, Jane Bashara," the court document says. "Defendant's ultimate goal was to silence Joseph Gentz in an effort not to avenge the murder of his wife, but to prevent Gentz from any future testimony against defendant Bashara."
Can't help but feel we are getting closer to charges being brought against BigBob. Hate to see it still be "unfinished business" at year's end.

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

But will it stream?

Pointed Barbs

Pointed Barbs

Judge said Special Pre trial hearing December 21....9am...
Then my video went off and I heard her commenting on it being a vacation week for her....Then I thought I heard her say "We're taking a plea.."

So ...there's that.

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Pointed Barbs wrote:Judge said Special Pre trial hearing December 21....9am...
Then my video went off and I heard her commenting on it being a vacation week for her....Then I thought I heard her say "We're taking a plea.."

So ...there's that.

Let's HOPE that you heard right! Plea for Joe and charges for Blobb!! cheers

Laker

Laker

Detroit News reporting that BB will be in protective isolation at first in prison as a high profile inmate. Ironic isn't it, that he gets protection where Jane got none. Makes my stomach turn..... No

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121214/METRO01/212140422/Bashara-begin-prison-sentence-isolation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Justice4Jane

Justice4Jane
Admin

My heart breaks for the 18 babies in Connecticut....God Bless you little angels!

https://justice4jane.forumotion.com

Freckles

Pointed Barbs wrote:Judge said Special Pre trial hearing December 21....9am...

So ...there's that.

"On Monday, Reed said Gentz has not settled a plea agreement.
“We’re still reviewing all the options,” she told the Free Press."
It is located here:

http://www.freep.com/article/20121214/NEWS05/121214011/Handyman-faces-pretrial-hearing-in-alleged-Bashara-murder-for-hire-plot?odyssey=nav|head

meandmyshadow

meandmyshadow

Laker wrote:Detroit News reporting that BB will be in protective isolation at first in prison as a high profile inmate. Ironic isn't it, that he gets protection where Jane got none. Makes my stomach turn..... No

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121214/METRO01/212140422/Bashara-begin-prison-sentence-isolation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

AGREED~!

Freckles

Not in the best of moods here. The killing of so very many little ones, the bravery of those who tried to warn, to protect this future generation contrasts starkly with the selfish stupidity of the BLOB!

How easy would it have been for the BLOB to have gone to counseling, sought a legal separation, moved out, filed for divorce? But no, he probably did not want to "ruin his reputation" and still wanted his stupid life style of irresponsibility! Well, BLOB, PARTY ON! Your reputation IS ruined!!!Your life is no longer yours to call the choices in.

It is said sin is not what you say or do; it begins with what you THINK. That is where the evil lies, Blob. And you thought to off TWO people so far. THAT is yours.

Character is who you are when you think no one is watching.

The Blobs are a dime a dozen in this world. They seek to own, to have, to control, to possess NOT with good works or hard work but by STEALING what others have. The ultimate? To steal the very life of another. Someone innocent of your doings. Someone who IS decent and good.

The only difference between this Blob and that other blob in Connecticut is the number of victims left to try to suck up the grief, reform a life, try to find reason and to "accept" the killing actions of a megalomaniac.

Freckles

meandmyshadow wrote:
Laker wrote:Detroit News reporting that BB will be in protective isolation at first in prison as a high profile inmate. Ironic isn't it, that he gets protection where Jane got none. Makes my stomach turn..... No

AGREED~!
When I get muck on the bottom of my shoe, I scrap it off. Blob is nothing but muck and needs to get scrapped off. The sooner the better. Pity is no one decided to do to him what he attempted to do to Joe. Karma really does need to be fed, IMO.

EllsBells

EllsBells

Whether he's in isolation or not, the Charles Egeler "Reception" Center at Jackson apparently is a brutal experience. Think the first days of grade school times 100 when the teachers scared everybody into total obedience. It's boot camp on steroids.

Merry Christmas, Boober!

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242037

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Bashara gets new address: state prison in Jackson
December 13, 2012 at 1:00 am

Snipped:
-----

Jackson — The man once known as the Mayor of Middlesex is now prisoner No. 856261.

But state corrections officials say the former real estate entrepreneur may not be isolated from other prisoners after he goes through a month-long intake and assessment process at the Egeler Center, where all male prisoners in Michigan first report after sentencing.

"I don't anticipate that he would not be placed in general population, but if through the intake and screening process they determine that he might be at risk, then they could put him into protective custody," Michigan Department of Corrections spokesman Russ Marlan said.

"But just because someone may have been involved in a noteworthy case, that doesn't automatically necessitate separate placement," Marlan said.
-----

Read more: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121213/METRO/212130482/1006/rss01

Bricktop

Bricktop

I vote that we all take a few minutes to say a prayer for Jessica and Rob and Jane's family. This will be their first Christmas without their Mom, daughter and sister, and their grief must be immeasurable.

chewet

chewet

Bricktop wrote:I vote that we all take a few minutes to say a prayer for Jessica and Rob and Jane's family. This will be their first Christmas without their Mom, daughter and sister, and their grief must be immeasurable.

Absolutely, Bricktop. So many of us hold them in quiet prayer, but now especially is the time when perhaps we can offer up together.

Almighty God, please help Jane's children and family in this season when their grief and loss is overwhelming, and they do not understand the heartache and pain. Help them turn their eyes to you to find strength and comfort in your faithfulness. Show them your compassion Lord, that they may not despair. Help them through their pain so that they may see your mercy each and every day. Grant them courage and trust that your great love will never fail them. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

pastpast

pastpast

They need prayers and thank you for the reminder to remember them in prayer.

I need Justice for Jane. So much for the hoped-for announcement of charges before Christmas. I am outraged that next month will mark the one year anniversary of this horrific crime without any charges being brought against the guilty party. No excuses.

chewet

chewet

I hear you Past, loud and clear. Do not lose faith. It'll happen. Peace to you, dear Past.

kittygirl

kittygirl

chewet wrote:
Bricktop wrote:I vote that we all take a few minutes to say a prayer for Jessica and Rob and Jane's family. This will be their first Christmas without their Mom, daughter and sister, and their grief must be immeasurable.

Absolutely, Bricktop. So many of us hold them in quiet prayer, but now especially is the time when perhaps we can offer up together.

Almighty God, please help Jane's children and family in this season when their grief and loss is overwhelming, and they do not understand the heartache and pain. Help them turn their eyes to you to find strength and comfort in your faithfulness. Show them your compassion Lord, that they may not despair. Help them through their pain so that they may see your mercy each and every day. Grant them courage and trust that your great love will never fail them. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

That is a beautiful prayer, Chewet!!! I love you

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Man who said he killed Grosse Pointe Park woman may avoid trial with plea deal

Published On: Dec 20 2012 10:59:06 PM EST Updated On: Dec 20 2012 11:19:42 PM EST

Snipped:

-----
Sources tell Local 4 Joe Gentz, who was a handyman for Jane Bashara's husband Bob Bashara, may have a deal in place which could be announced Friday in court.

Sources say once the Gentz deal is done Bob Bashara himself may be next to face charges for his wife's murder.

-----

Read more: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Man-who-said-he-killed-Grosse-Pointe-Park-woman-may-avoid-trial-with-plea-deal/-/1719314/17859234/-/nbunjgz/-/index.html

(BBM)

Things are happening!

kittygirl

kittygirl

Anyone have a link to a live feed? Not seeing anything on 4 or wxyz...

chewet

chewet

kittygirl wrote:Anyone have a link to a live feed? Not seeing anything on 4 or wxyz...

Nothing that I see either Kitty... hmmm

Update: 9:30 start time. Media is there in full, including video.

kittygirl

kittygirl

In the story on clickondetroit they said Joe was due in court at 830. Wondering what's going on.

kittygirl

kittygirl

Ok kewl hope I can view from my phone. Power is out here at work grrrrr right at 9

kittygirl

kittygirl

Chewet do you have a link that I can try?

chewet

chewet

Kitty, WDIV had the Newtown Moment of Silence-- I was on that. Still no links. I found a Freep reporter on Twitter- @TammyBattaglia. She tweeted judge was about to take the bench at 9:28. Nothing since.

Last edited by chewet on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

kittygirl

kittygirl

chewet wrote:Kitty, WDIV had the Newtown Moment of Silence-- I was on that. Still no links. I found a Freep reporter on Twitter- @TammyBattaglia. She posted judge was about to take the bench at 9:28. Nothing since.

Thank you, you are the best!!

mooselift

mooselift

chewet

chewet

Thank you, Mooselift!!

mooselift

mooselift

A familiar face/hair do - Lisa Lindsay is there. Otherwise - just a lot of waiting around at the moment.

kittygirl

kittygirl

Thanks!!! I can actually view it on my phone!!!

chewet

chewet

Guilty plea. 2nd degree. 17 to 28 years, sentencing January 29. Could not hear the statement he read before Judge Evans...

So when will they charge Monster? Sure hope it's before Jan 29!

Last edited by chewet on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Per the live hearing, Joe entered a plea of Guilty of Second Degree Murder in exchange for a sentence of no less than 17 years, no more than 28.

Sentencing in January (didn't catch the date)

kittygirl

kittygirl

Really thought Judge Evans did a nice job with Joe today. Very nice and explained everything. Direct contrast to How he must have been treated by Monster.

kittygirl

kittygirl

The statement was hard to hear he gave a statement yesterday he said it was true and I thought I heard him say something about bob threatening him and giving him $$$

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

kittygirl wrote:The statement was hard to hear he gave a statement yesterday he said it was true and I thought I heard him say something about bob threatening him and giving him $$$

Yeah, he said Bob threatened to kill him if he didn't kill Jane.

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

Handyman Joseph Gentz pleads guilty to second-degree murder in Bashara slaying
10:20 AM, December 21, 2012

Snipped:

Handyman Joseph Gentz has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in exchange for a 17- to 28-year sentence.

In exchange, he agrees to cooperate with prosecutors, testifying he killed Jane Bashara because he was paid and threatened by her husband, Bob Bashara. His official sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 29, 2013.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/article/20121221/NEWS05/121221020/Handyman-Joseph-Gentz-pleads-guilty-second-degree-murder-Bashara-slaying

243Bashara Sentencing Nov. 20th and Gentz trial Jan. 7th.... - Page 5 Empty Gentz pleads guilty to 2nd degree murder Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:46 am

rubyslippers

Prior to Joe Gentz making his statement to enter a guilty plea of 2nd degree murder Judge Evans stated that in doing so he would be sentenced to no less than 17 years and no more than 28 years in prison and in entering this plea he would be waiving several rights. The judge went over each right he would be waiving if he pleads guilty to 2nd degree murder: waiving the right to a trial by jury, waiving the right to a trial before a judge, right to be presumed innocent, right to ask questions and call witnesses, right to testify, right to remain silent etc. After each right he would be giving up the judge asked him if he understood that his guilty plea would result in giving up each of those rights. Gentz answered "Yes Ma'am" to each item. He was asked if he was doing all of this of his own free will, which he said Yes. Then the judge asked him to state what happened in reference to a crime committed involving two locations: 19416 Antioch in Detroit and 522 Middlesex in Grosse Pointe Park. Joe Gentz read from a statement which he stated were his own words that he told to his attorney and were written down by her on his behalf as he told them to her. In his statement he said that Bob Bashara offered him money to kill Jane Bashara on January 24 2012. The plea was formally entered and they agreed on a sentencing date of January 29 2013.

rubyslippers

There's still time to charge Bob before the end of this year or early in 2013. Hopefully he will be charged before the anniversary of Jane's death. Praying for Jane's family.

245Bashara Sentencing Nov. 20th and Gentz trial Jan. 7th.... - Page 5 Empty Thank you Jesus Fri 21 Dec 2012, 4:59 pm

pammiez

We can all only hope that Joe's plea today does Bob in. I have to believe it will. We do have to keep hoping and PRAYING for his children and Jane's dear family.

CuriousPortlander

CuriousPortlander

What's next for Bob Bashara after handyman's plea deal?
Published On: Dec 21 2012 04:43:54 PM EST Updated On: Dec 21 2012 05:36:43 PM EST

Snipped:

"You can pretty much bet the farm that (Bob Bashara) is going to be charged with murder in this case. He is going to be, realistically, be charged after the sentencing. They don't want anything to fall through on the plea. So, some time in February you can expect for him to be charged with murder," said Local 4 legal expert Todd Flood.

Read more: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/What-s-next-for-Bob-Bashara-after-handyman-s-plea-deal/-/1719314/17869718/-/am0flqz/-/index.html

kittygirl

kittygirl

February seems so far away! Sad

pammiez

Guess we've waited this long. Poor Jane is probably finally "at peace" just knowing that scum bag is in jail. Let's see how he gets treated in jail. I hope Jane's family gets some peace. Lord knows, they deserve it.

Freckles

CuriousPortlander wrote:What's next for Bob Bashara after handyman's plea deal?
Published On: Dec 21 2012 04:43:54 PM EST Updated On: Dec 21 2012 05:36:43 PM EST

Snipped:

"You can pretty much bet the farm that (Bob Bashara) is going to be charged with murder in this case. He is going to be, realistically, be charged after the sentencing. They don't want anything to fall through on the plea. So, some time in February you can expect for him to be charged with murder," said Local 4 legal expert Todd Flood.

Read more: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/What-s-next-for-Bob-Bashara-after-handyman-s-plea-deal/-/1719314/17869718/-/am0flqz/-/index.html
I think so, too. Taking care of business with JG first.
I am sure JG is going to implicate BB and that is what is needed to bring BB up on charges.

justanopinion

justanopinion

The plea deal is a bit surprising... but very happy that his statement included naming BB as co-conspirator. Hopefully once he is sentenced then justice can be served (albeit very cold) to BB in the form of new charges. I can't wait til Feb. MOO MOO

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum